It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Learns What Happens When You Criticize Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Please tell me I'm not the only person on ATS who doesn't know who Jon Stewart is...

The MSM is a mind control tool, nothing more.

I lost interest in it long ago.

Honestly I'm surprised that there that many here on ATS who still watch it...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I love Jon Stewart.

What I don't understand about the media, is that most of them keep referring to the ongoing events as a "war", while in fact it is ethnic cleansing.

eth·nic cleans·ing noun noun: ethnic cleansing the mass expulsion or killing of members of an unwanted ethnic or religious group in a society.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
I wouldn't waste my money, but if he could match wits with Rumsfeld now there's a money maker, and some would be mine. Or anybody of power and not throw softballs, like he did with Hillary.

I don't know that he's ever had a serious political debate with someone in government but he has taken on several of the various news hosts on both the left and right side of things. I remember a couple years back he did one debating some guys on MSNBC and saying they're worse than Fox. He did the same thing with some of the Fox hosts before or after. He appeared to effortlessly shut them down.

I haven't watched the Hillary interview, I caught the intro to the show and knew it wouldn't be worth it.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

He is an entertainer who has always used current events as fodder for his show. Usually funny, but often in bad taste. Good taste is not his forte.

What I find disturbing is how many people take his humor seriously. They rely on his show to provide guidance or information on current events. That is the truly sad part.

You make a good point bbracken677 BUT in the modern world , full of people whom can't really think past celebrity culture and other msm distractions…… humour here is used to try and at least raise the importance of this issue.

The real challenge to those of us who actualy 'care' about the world is HOW do we willingly involve the masses who don't..?

Answers on a postcard to…….

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
I thought it to be pretty funny, in all honesty.

Sure, there is a war waging in Gaza right now, but it is essential that one is able to detach them-self from reality and just have a laugh. It may be insensitive in light of the recent actions in Gaza, but the sketch itself is genius and hits a note on just how some on the pro-Israel side act.

I don't have a problem with it, but i can see why some would.

Unfortunatley, people on the pro Hamas side act just as bad.

This kind of media is stoking the flames of conflict. Doesn't matter who they decide to take the piss out of.

Taking sides in this conflict it wrong. Justifying killing is wrong and anyone who takes sides in this conflict are doing just that.

Hamas and the Isreali govt. are as evil as each other and people who claim to support the Palestinian cause really needs to take a closer lo9ok at Hamas the the dispicable acts they too do against the palestinians. (human shields). We all know they do this yet most on ats seem to sup0port it or at best IGNORE it.
edit on 24-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

No tv .. not had since 80 .. only heard of the guy here on ats ..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11>>> Take something that doesn't happen, pretend that it does and make light of it. Hopefully dullards with no clue about what's going on will take you seriously and think they should think its a real problem. That's about what Comedy Central and Jon Stewart is about.
Nobody on the left in MSM criticizes anybody who speaks out against Israel. He's making up a reaction that doesn't happen to try to sucker the clueless into thinking it does. We can laugh at the parts of its that is funny, but its just made up. Now if he defended Israel he'd be assaulted by the left like in his spoof. But he's too much of a gutless phony to ever do that.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kranskik

OH, then Hamas is also conducting "ethnic cleansing" and is an official part of it's charter.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
the real sad thing that is illustrated so beautifully here, is how The Daily Show, i.e. a comedy news show is more adept at covering the news and stories that matters to Americans most than major news outlets like CNN, MSNBC or the atrocious Faux News...

While the situation in Gaza is dire right now and joking about it may be a lil' off-putting, one can't deny that what they are saying here is true--everyone has an opinion on this, and when American Jews speak out against Israel, man o' man are they shouted down roughly...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

He is an entertainer who has always used current events as fodder for his show. Usually funny, but often in bad taste. Good taste is not his forte.

What I find disturbing is how many people take his humor seriously. They rely on his show to provide guidance or information on current events. That is the truly sad part.

Got it wrong there mate.... really SAD part is that real NEWS media are the one who make material for Jon's show, mostly. Just as this clip, current event, summary what reporters here in USA are going through, as every news criticizing Israel and conflict here might end of your news carrier.

In last presidential debate, Jon has showed that his satire and knowledge of current situation is FAR AHEAD of the one Bill O'Reilly and whole FOX channel.

I watch daily show and it is just amazing how news represented as satire can be more acurate then real news. Very often reporters forget where real news is, or concentrate on just single story, not whole picture...

Just last year, daily show interview costed NC GOP chair his job. www.businessinsider.com...

Just as I said, very sad that what you call 'news' is source of material for daily show.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

No tv .. not had since 80 ....

How old are you now?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

originally posted by: intrepid

Why can't Jon Stewart get his opinion across without swearing.

He's a mental midget.

You think you could match with with him? I'd pay to see that.

I would make the attempt without using profanity.

ATS frowns on profanity and I get my point across or is it now allowed?

can I use #ing and asshole and whatever I want in my response / thread?

LOL, my dad taught us kids that when people swear it means they have exhausted anything intelligent to say so the madder they get, the worse the swearing.... it's amazing how "non-racist" people will lower themselves to racial and sexual name calling when they run out of 'smart' responses! Stand up comics come to mind...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

As a kid I was raised next door to several movie studios in Burbank, California. Peeking through the chain link fences I'd see all the fake two dimensional sets and watch the actors in costumes, their faces painted with a thick pancake makeup.

I'd go home, turn on the television and sadly realize that every bit of it was completely bogus. I can't stomach Hollywood media, it's an industry that had the potential to enlighten America, but it didn't. It works to influence our minds, in order to sway public opinion and pursue money.

I've spent decades without owning or watching a television. Unfortunately though, the Internet seems to be morphing back into Hollywood's toxic television set.

edit on 24-7-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Wait are you upset that he can use those words and be posted on ATS and you can't?

Using swear words isn't indicative of intelligence. I would argue knowing where any word, including swear words, could be used most effectively is evidence of intelligence.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Why can't Jon Stewart get his opinion across without swearing.

He's a mental midget.

Satire often seeks to illustrate the sacred by the act of profaning it.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kranskik
Agreed! Hamas is trying to clean the world of all jews.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Israel, like the NRA, has a very powerful lobby here. And, they seem to be a bit paranoid, to the point where ANY critisism is considered anti-Israel, ( just like ANY discussion of changing gun laws is treated like the governemnt trying to put us all in re-education camps). All it takes is money.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's great that "alternative" perspectives have access to main stream media also.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
lol @ this thread...

I'm pretty sure the entire point of this sketch is that any time anyone tries to have an intelligent conversation about what's going on over there, people automatically start going nutso - kinda like most people are doing on this very thread lmao. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the guy's sitting back reading this and laughing like crazy.

Give one example of where he criticizes Israel in this sketch please.. he doesn't even have the chance to - even if he wanted to.... you make no sense.

The entire reason he has the show is to criticize and mock the way the current NEWS MEDIA works. Apparently I've watched wayyyy too much C-span to get it.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Great skit. I would say they are just reading off his email and twitter messages.
Every journalist that brings up the subject of the middle east is immediately accused of being a zionist and anti semitic, AT THE SAME TIME REGARDLESS OF THE BALANCE OF THEIR OPINION.
It seems to happen EVERY SINGLE TIME. I listen to talk radio, every time a host brings up the middle east it takes less than 10 minutes for someone or a group to be called anti semitic.

All I can say on the subject of calling someone anti semitic at every opportunity is like spitting on the graves of those that suffered real anti semitism. Those that were murdered or worked and starved to death in their masses would roll in their graves to see the term anti semitic being applied so loosely, and purely for propaganda. That is truly disgusting.

Zionism has used the blood of the jews during WW2 as a trump card against criticism. The problem is now that the card has been overplayed. It has become the first thing a pro zionist jew would use as a slur against someone whose opinion differs from theirs.

IN THE INTEREST OF BALANCE... I have no side in this battle, I have empathy in my heart and eyes in my head to see what is going on, I dont need to base my judgements on the rabid opinions of partisan lunatics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join