It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Nugent lashes out at ‘unclean vermin’ after Idaho Native American tribe cancels his concert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Politically I think Ted Nugent is very close to being a Fascist but he played some of the finest rock and roll known to man and I respect him for that!

www.youtube.com...

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
He wore a diaper that he soiled himself in to keep from going to Vietnam and he is calling other people unclean. Yeah that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So he lashes out at anyone who doesn't agree with him. Maybe he needs to become president. He meets the present requirements.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As much as I think he's a halfwit yahoo who says stupid crap for attention, I believe he was actually referring to the SPLC, not the tribe.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
He wore a diaper that he soiled himself in to keep from going to Vietnam and he is calling other people unclean. Yeah that makes sense.

Humanity IS insane.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

As much as I think he's a halfwit yahoo who says stupid crap for attention, I believe he was actually referring to the SPLC, not the tribe.

EXACTLY!!!!

Rawstory really took a misleading title to rile up the masses didn't they?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yep he was 17/18 years old at the time.

I am sure glad I was a wise old man at that age! /end sarcasm...

(post by HUMBLEONE removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Meh re read it and I kinda see him only going after the group. But it was still the tribe that canceled him so that is who he should be mad at. By the statement they released they were all for the cancelation
He needs to get over himself
edit on rdWed, 23 Jul 2014 13:04:35 -0500America/Chicago720143580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

He knew exactly what he was doing; dodging the draft and letting other young men fight and die in his place, while he practiced his guitar.

He made that choice and like a good conservative he should take some responsibility for his actions even at 18teen.

edit on 23-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

He knew exactly what he was doing; dodging the draft and letting other young men fight and die in his place, while he practiced his guitar.

Nugent was a teenager when he came up for the draft. To hold somebody at age 64 to what they believed at age 18 or 19 is itself hypocrisy because no one would ever hold themselves to that standard.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

May want to check your facts again. Nugent was born in 1948 . He was 21 when he did this so where did you get the 17/18 at?
edit on 23-7-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Man another right wing hero, god i love them.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why is he so upset? not enough money already? guess not

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

So, How do you feel about Bill Clinton? You know,,, Slick Willie!
He Dodge the draft to, by lying,,, as if anyone would ever Not Believe A Clinton Would LIE!
Link
PBS.org
NYTimes
Wasn't Clinton the Democrats Hero of Choice before Obama?
I'd always heard Slick Willie was the First Black President

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hey...I dodged the draft at age 19, same city as Ted. I had a student deferrment. If that didnt work....I was gonna swim across the Detroit River to Windsor.

Ted did record great music for those troops in Nam to listen to while they were fighting. ie: Amboy Dukes- "Journey to the Center of your mind".

*For the record, I later joined the Air Force Reserve while also the Oakland County Sheriff's Office. I dodged Viet Nam...not the committment.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

So, How do you feel about Bill Clinton? You know,,, Slick Willie!
He Dodge the draft to, by lying,,, as if anyone would ever Not Believe A Clinton Would LIE!
Link
PBS.org
NYTimes
Wasn't Clinton the Democrats Hero of Choice before Obama?
I'd always heard Slick Willie was the First Black President

You mean this Slick Willie? Almost missed your post without a picture. Just helping out.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Well that letter you posted is all about clinton owning up to the idea of dodging the draft. He says he did not agree with the idea of going to fight in vitenam, and hell he turned out to be right as that war as based on a lie.
See if you can find the same thing for ted.
From your pbs source

No government really rooted in limited, parliamentary democracy should have the power to make its citizens fight and kill and die in a war they may oppose, a war which even possibly may be wrong, a war which, in any case, does not involve immediately the peace and freedom of the nation.

Oh boy did he hit the nail on the head with that one!

When the draft came, despite political convictions, I was having a hard time facing the prospect of fighting a war I had been fighting against, and that is why I contacted you. ROTC was the one way left in which I could possibly, but not positively, avoid both Vietnam and resistance.

Just to quote the part where he owns up to it.

Ted didn't have any moral obligations, he just didn't want to go. He then goes on to say how great of a service member he would have been...
www.snopes.com...

But you know the funny thing about it? I'd make an incredible army man. I'd be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I'd have the baddest bunch of motherf*ckin' killers you'd ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn't into it. I was too busy doin' my own thing, you know? Read more at www.snopes.com...

edit on rdWed, 23 Jul 2014 15:12:13 -0500America/Chicago720141380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

And that has what to do with the topic?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I agree, Nugent is a nutter but I also agree that I don't think his remarks were necessarily towards the tribe. If he truly hated the tribe, why would he be doing a concert there? So yeah, I agree that I think his remarks might have been directed at SPLC and not necessarily the tribe. Of course, he's an idiot who didn't bother making it clear so he left himself vulnerable with his ambiguity. In that sense, he still brought it on himself.

The title is definitely misleading but the story itself on rawstory is rife with that ambiguity and it's the same in the originating article from Wisconsin. Just goes to show that adding a few words to clarify to whom one is referring probably saves a whole lot of headache.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join