It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting: Strange Glowing Objects Leaving Clouds Cloaked Spotted over Chile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Neat video whatever caused the effect, but I'd just like to point out (heh) that I'm 60 years old and I NEVER, EVER saw clouds like this until the last few years, and I look up a lot.

I don't know if they're particular to certain parts of the country or atmospheric conditions, but upstate New York? Never.

What is supposed to be causing those weird things?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I thought "laser pointer on the windshield" when I saw this. That is just my impression and I could be wrong.

Unfortunately, I think videos like this that could be faked are only really useful for showing people you know who have an idea of the reputation of the witnesses and will accept it's not a hoax, but are thrilled to get to see what you saw. It might even knock someone to your side of the fence if they aren't sure whether or not you are pulling their leg.

Of course, multiple videos or credible reports might make a video like this a lot more compelling.

If that is a craft and not cgi or a laser pointer reflection, I have to doubt that any man made craft with flight characteristics like that would be flying over Chile, or even the US, for that matter.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Neat video whatever caused the effect, but I'd just like to point out (heh) that I'm 60 years old and I NEVER, EVER saw clouds like this until the last few years, and I look up a lot.

I don't know if they're particular to certain parts of the country or atmospheric conditions, but upstate New York? Never.

I've seen pictures of lenticular clouds and know they are a real thing, but I've only ever seen one once and it was no where near as perfect as those in the video. I'm sort of tickled by the possibility of a large saucer producing vapor to cloak itself, very useful, even if attention drawing, precisely because it mimics a known natural phenomena. However, even if the light is a craft, there would be nothing to fuel a conclusion that the clouds are hiding a mother ship other than wishful thinking.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

cool video, i dont buy the laser point idea as its a cell phone video and clearly is, good luck doing laser pointer on a cell phone camera...good video thanks for the post

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

I doubt if you'd see them very often in upstate New York - I'm not too familiar with the terrain there but for lenticular clouds you generally need decent sized mountains. That said, Wikipedia does have a photo of one in New Hampshire which is not too far away. I have seen small examples right here in the UK.

But they certainly do seem to be common in the Andes, which is where the video in the OP was filmed.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Weird music and obvious fake rumbling sound => its a hoax 100% of the time.

Seriously, has there ever been anything remotely authentic with music/tweaked sound effects? Anyone? Keep in mind that they pick this music just to fool you into thinking "woooooaaaaah that's soooooooo ominous". Psychology 101.

If they had picked a Bieber song over it, it would have been just as much a hoax except we wouldnt be having this discussion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join