It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Insider: The Muslim Who Gave Up His Life For Mosul’s Christians

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
God Bless Professor Mahmoud Al ‘Asali.

The peaceful people over there don't last long. They are robbed, beaten, raped and/or killed. Evil really is having free reign. This man stood up for peace, and he was murdered for doing so. He was a patriot for a peaceful Iraq and a good soul.

There are others who are coming forward and standing up for peace. The 'I am Iraqi I am Christian' campaign is slowly getting going. This is an extremely brave thing to do. ISIS is strong and they want to bring their own deadly form of Sharia law into Iraq. To stand up against them, even in peaceful protest, is to invite torture and death upon yourself.

I am in awe of the bravery of these people. I honestly don't know how many people in the USA would be willing to do the same. We've gotten lazy and ungrateful for what we have. I hope we are never put to the test like how the people of Iraq are being tested. I fear large portions of the USA wouldn't stand up to evil unless that evil interrupted them getting their daily dose of social media and/or they couldn't text their buddies.

Vatican Insider: The Muslim Who Gave Up His Life For Mosul’s Christians

Chaldean website ankawa.com says a university professor was killed after speaking out against anti-Christian persecution. Meanwhile, the Islamic State has set the jizyah at 450 dollars.

He refused to keep silent about the violence agaist Mosul’s Christians who are forced to choose between converting to the Muslim faith, paying the jizyah (the Islamic tax for non-Muslims) or fleeing. Professor Mahmoud Al ‘Asali, a law professor who lectures on pedagogy at the University of Mosul, had the courage to make a stand against this brutal duress which he believes go against the Muslim commandments. But he paid for this gesture with his life: he was killed by ISIS militants in Mosul yesterday.

Chaldean website ankawa.com - one of the news sources that offers the promptest updates on the inferno Christians are experiencing in Iraq – announced the news. Amidst the ocean of tragedies currently being witnessed in the Middle Eastern country, the website did not want to let this act of great courage go unnoticed. Professor Ali ‘Asali knew what he was risking: everyone in Mosul knows that in Raqqa - the Syrian city which the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant seized last year –there are many human rights activists who have paid for their opposition to ISIS’ acts of intolerance with their own lives. But Al ‘Asali was nevertheless unable to stand by in silence.

Al Arabiya - Muslims Carrying 'I am Iraqi I am Christian' Slogans

More than 200 people – many of them Muslims – gathered on Sunday in front of a Catholic church in Baghdad carrying “I am Iraqi, I am Christian” slogans to show solidarity after a radical Islamist group evacuated Christians from their homes in the northern city of Mosul.

“What gives us hope is a group of citizens - I do not want to say Muslims but they were Muslims - from Baghdad carrying slogans saying “I am Iraqi, I am Christian,” Father Maysar Bahnam of Mar Korkis Catholic Church told Al Arabiya News.

“They prayed in solidarity with us, saying that we are people from this land,” Bahnam said, emphasizing that the rally “is a hope for us as Iraqis and Christians, that there are good Iraqis. In fact, Iraqis are good people but sectarian issues which could have come from abroad affected us.”

IB Times - Iraqi Christians Fleeing Mosul Persecuted by ISIS ... Other Muslims Rally Alongside Christians Protesting

The plight of Christians and other minority groups in northern Iraq has taken a turn for the worse, according to reports, as thousands fleeing regions controlled by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, have been robbed of their possessions at ISIS checkpoints.

ISIS, a Sunni extremist group that advocates Islamic Shariah law, is reportedly persecuting Christians in Iraq, forcing them to flee their homes in Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city, even as Muslims in Baghdad showed solidarity with persecuted Christians by joining them in symbolic protests across the city. Mosul is one of the holiest cities of Christianity in the Middle East and the ancient churches of Mosul are some of Christianity’s oldest.

At a rally in Baghdad, many Christians who arrived in the city after fleeing the violence of ISIS in the north held up signs that read, "I am Iraqi, I am Christian." They were joined by Muslims expressing solidarity with the Christian community, also holding up the same signs, a report said.

Original information about Professor Mahmoud Al ‘Asali can be found - HERE
I can't read it. But I posted to the Ankawa.com site for those who can.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
To stand up for peace over there, to stand up for others who don't even share your beliefs, it's an exceptionally brave thing to do. Heroically brave. What is happening is evil and so when you stand for peace and for life .. you stand against pure evil.

BBC Middle East - Isis militants 'seize Iraq Monastery and Expel Monks

slamist militants in Iraq are reported to have seized an ancient monastery near Mosul and expelled the monks. Local residents said monks at the Mar Behnam monastery were allowed to take only the clothes they were wearing. Christians have fled Mosul after the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isis) told them to convert to Islam, pay a tax or face death.

And it doesn't just stop there with Christians -

But if Iraqi Christians face penalties and discrimination under Isis, other religious sects are faring even worse. Yazidis and Shia Muslims risk being taken out and killed on the spot for their beliefs.

Convert, leave, or die - read officially from the Mosques -
BBC Middle East - Mosul Nearly Empty of Christians

Iraqi Christians are fleeing Mosul after Islamist militants threatened to kill them unless they converted to Islam or paid a "protection tax". statement issued by the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isis) was read out at the city's mosques. It called on Christians to comply by midday on Saturday or face death if they did not leave the northern city.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Stories likes these you will never hear on the western news outlets as often on our TV screens..

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Aww, bless them and yes, the Yazidi, have been persecuted for centuries.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You know, if we banned religions we would have one less, huge thing to fuss over.
You could respond, however, "Well, religions are an extended philosophy and everybody has a philosophy whether they recognize it or not. So nothing would be gained."

Not the same. A religion comes with a full suit of clothes and a manifesto of how to live your life. You don't even need to work any of it out on your own, simply follow orders and regimented thinking. The instructions are there in black and white. Once you sign on (or your family/tribe/group before you signs on) you are virtually hooked for life into a particular way of thinking.

A general philosophy of the world, on the other hand, is learned by interactions with the world on a day-to-day basis and a good bit of formal education. In the process, a good brain learns to question the world it sees and even to question itself. It usually is an evolutionary process that matures as the body does. This is not to say that any or all philosophies are useful, correct or harmless, but we will probably all agree that a conscious process, interacting with other equally recognized philosophies is better than depending upon a religion to see us through the mess of human interactions. As is quite evident today, using religion as a force for a crusade is never going to appease the other side on intellectual grounds, so the typical crusade must be carried out in blood with a slogan, "God is great" As if that is justification for slaughter.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Men like this professor shame me in my own intollerance toward Islam, Most of it's people are normal people but poverty, illiteracy and outside influence from other part's of the world shape and form this Radical re imagining of there faith.

A surprising number of militant's lived or were even born in the west and another more traditional source of militan Islamists idiology is Pakistan tribal region and Afghanistan as well as the closer to there home source is Yemen where illiterace, poverty and militantism is rife.

Men like this man though regardless of faith are men of Conscience and great Honor and it is my faith regardless of faith it is such men who enter the true Heaven and eat beside our lord at his table,

May god watch over his family and bless his soul with peace.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

R.I.P

new topics

top topics

join