It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama basically standing US down as world police.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So many people were asking for our government to stop being the world police. Well that's what Obama is obviously doing.

We are keeping our young American troops alive and ready to defend our Nation rather than putting them in place of foreign people's who won't even fight for themselves.

We are backing away from spending billions on nation building that historically always fails, always.

We are letting the Nation's most effected by world events lead on world policing instead of throwing young American lives at every world flare up.

We are not starting world war 3 over Russian involvement in Ukraine. I'm fact one could argue that Russia has ever right to back pro Russians in a civil war just as the US has multiple times in history, not just for our own national interest but for national interest 9 our allies.

Obama has backed away from our friendship with Saudi which many believe are the real cause of 911.

Obama is trying to improve our relations with many Arab factions that we have indeed wronged in the past in effort to prevent future attacks. Will he fail? We don't know but trying to fix past mistakes with other people's of the earth rather than being forever sworn enemies seems like something worth trying, especially if you recognize we are more than capable of defending ourselves against any threat on earth.

We are not weekend by trying to find common ground and potential friendship with sworn enemies of the past.

We are weakened when generation after generation of children grow up knowing Americans killed their fathers and destroyed their countries weather they had it coming or not, such actions only spawn more terrorist and ensure there will be future people looking to find a way through our defenses to get revenge.

America that we know was founded on imigrants. If your not an American native then your family is no different than those coming to our southern border looking for the American dream, JUST like your ancestors who came here.

Obama surely makes mistakes but his cause is just and rooted in Christian values.

Why so much hate? I hate our government in general not just Obama. It is failing at its roots. It is now incapable of leading we the people to success. It's not just our Presidents fault.

There is nothing wrong at all with trying to do the right thing instead if threatening ever one who opposes our political will. Again I say we are in no danger of being invaded or overthrown. We have time to try and help and heal rather than throw young American bodies at every world problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Standing down as world police?

He won't even police our own border with Mexico.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If he does nothing in the Ukraine it will be the best thing he has done.
We need to bring all our troops home for at least a decade.
Let the rest of the world deal with themselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The same could be said for every President in the modern era. (BONUS: Murder rates have been steadily declining in the same period)

source

I don't know what that has to do with being the "world police" exactly (other than an opportunistic dig?) but it bears mention that our interventions in Latin American countries have been largely based on protecting American corporate interests and have ended disastrously. Look at Guatemala and the civil war that resulted from the CIA coup that was mostly about protecting the profits of the United Fruit Company (which is now Chiquita).

When was the last time our efforts, well-intentioned or not (mostly not), resulted in a positive outcome? We're not making the world a safer place for democracy or increasing the mythical "Global Stability." Mostly we just make things worse and create new animosity.
edit on 2014-7-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Obama is smart. Smarter than McCain or Palin, or Romney. We'll see how things go. The Taliban has been very quiet so far.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
I am all for the US staying out of foreign conflicts. I never said that I have a problem with Obama keeping our armed forces out of them.

I am also for the POTUS upholding the laws of our land, including immigration.
He has not only been AWOL when it comes to policing (notice that word... and how it ties in with the OP) our southern border, he basically advertised the fact that he wasn't going to uphold our immigration laws, making the problem that much worse.
I see that you edited....
You say that the same could be said of every President in the modern era, yet the OP is speaking of the President that sits in the White House...er Martha's Vineyard right now (Now there was an opportunistic dig for you, you are welcome).
Point is.... why would I expect him to take action outside our borders when he doesn't even protect our land from what is outside the borders?

edit on bu312014-07-23T09:46:09-05:0009America/ChicagoWed, 23 Jul 2014 09:46:09 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Obama is vacationing and playing golf...he has done nothing for noone other than himself, so of course he is backing down...standing up doesn't help lower his handicap. a reply to: Xeven

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I see that you edited....

Yeah I wasn't sure if my sarcasm was evident.

I am all for the US staying out of foreign conflicts. I never said that I have a problem with Obama keeping our armed forces out of them.

I am also for the POTUS upholding the laws of our land, including immigration.
He has not only been AWOL when it comes to policing (notice that word... and how it ties in with the OP) our southern border, he basically advertised the fact that he wasn't going to uphold our immigration laws, making the problem that much worse.

That's about half-true in my opinion. I'm assuming that you are referring to the statement about deferred action? I think it's more about a misrepresentation of the facts by coyotes (read the criteria) but it's not entirely without basis. In my opinon the President has been trying to appease every side in the issue by shifting ICE resources to deporting violent criminals while pushing the DREAM Act.

That's the same sort of approach he's been taking on a lot of things with mixed results. The Frank Luntz echo chamber calls it a 'failure to lead' and accuses him of 'embolden(ing)' everyone under the sun (including Putin, ad naseum) but this is coming from a lot of the same people who were pushing for military action in Syria and who want us back in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
I think that we could remain strong on the international stage without 'boots on the ground' or 'droning' people on foreign soil.
I am of the mind that believes a leader should make a decision and go with it. Obama does seem to try to play all sides and doing that usually doesn't make a person look like a strong leader.

ETA: An example of strong leadership would be JFK, we didn't bomb anyone during the Cuban Missile Crisis, but we certainly came out looking like the victor.

edit on b000000312014-07-23T11:37:20-05:0011America/ChicagoWed, 23 Jul 2014 11:37:20 -05001100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Standing down as world police.

But the dude won't protect our own border. In fact, it seriously looks like he's very, very happy with what is going on with the civilian invasion from South America. He invited the 'dreamers' .... so they came, and their families will soon follow. The damage he has done to this country by not policing our own borders is irreparable.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
We are backing away from spending billions on nation building that historically always fails, always.

Yeah .. instead Obama just writes blank checks for billions to his Muslim Brotherhood buddies and to the rebel Islamic extremists in Syria.

originally posted by: lostbook
Obama is smart. Smarter than McCain or Palin, or Romney.

That was funny. Thanks for that.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Blaming Obama for the US being the worlds policeman is a little short sided but we have troops all over the world. When he brings them home; that's standing down!

Name one war since ww2 that really needed our participation.

We Arethe worlds policeman! We are a warlike country! We love war! We are Warriors! We are in the Business of War and business is good and getting better!!!

The war profiteers and the Military Industrial complex have Obama just where they want him. In fact they have the entire US government in their pocket.

If playing political/ideological games makes you happy.........

Follow the money..........

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 23-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

"We" have a border with Mexico?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: butcherguy

"We" have a border with Mexico?

Yep.
To find out, just be a US Marine and drive across it by accident.

new topics

top topics

join