It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Two Ukrainian military jets were shot down in the Donetsk region of the country today, the Ukrainian defense ministry said.

The planes were identified as Sukhoi-25 fighter jets. The fate of the planes' pilots was not immediately known.

It happened at 12:30 p.m. Ukraine time. Defense ministry did not state what kind of weapon was used to down the jets.

The Sukhoi-25 are single seat combat fighter jets. That same type of jet was shot down by a missile July 16.

The shoot down of the jets came in the same rebellious eastern part of the country where Malaysian Airlines flight 17 was shot down, killing 298 people on board. The MH17 flight was believed to have been shot down by a BUK anti-aircraft missile system.

Two Ukrainian Jets Shot Down, Defense Ministry Says

This is just breaking now - not much information out yet.

No one has claimed responsibility yet from what I can see. This will definitely raise the tension in an already high strung region.

Now it's time for the blame game...

Hopefully this doesn't escalate - I was hoping for some peace in the area.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yes just seen this on huffington post.Not a lot of info as of yet .Keeping an eye on this.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

I was hoping for some peace in the area.

That is not on their playlist!

That is the problem when you buy weapon systems from the same country that you are fighting. They know all the good ways to take you out of the sky.

P

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
"Ho, no, we wanted to throw them flowers and the jets was full of cute little kittens. Why they defend themself against such a peace plane!"

Seriously... They must stop complening every time they lose a plane. Even if I try to dont take side, because I know nothing about what appening there, the rebel was defending in that scenario. You can't attack and said the defender have done the wrong choice, since you've done the choice to start the battle (I don't talk about the wars). The only thing you can do, is fire the commander who made the choice to do the attack in wich you lose. So Ukranien gov., it's your fault, I'm sorry for your mens.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Spationaute

"The shoot down of the jets came in the same rebellious eastern part of the country where Malaysian Airlines flight 17 was shot down, killing 298 people on board. The MH17 flight was believed to have been shot down by a BUK anti-aircraft missile system. "

This part seems extremely biased, connecting the shooting of the jets to MH17.

Rebels have been doing that for quite a while, shooting jets, because they have Anti-aircraft systems. Low-altitude ones. That is true.
Connecting that in one article, somehow, seems like a cheap shot.

They use every little thing to push anti-russian agenda.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Now, this could also be something the Ukrainian government is doing to make it look like the opposition shot down the 777 jet. You would think the separatists wouldn't be shooting down planes since they aren't supposed to have missiles. This would jeopardize Russian support.

I smell some cow manure with this one, a possible coverup of the earlier event.

I can't say this happened, I am just saying it is possible that there is more at play. This would be an expected tactic the military would use if they screwed up before.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This comes from a story book

So becaue no one beleived the story that rebels shoot down the passenger jet and they themselved deny it we get two fighter jets knocked out of the skys by said rebels.

Two jets at the same time and these are not easy targets and can release flack and try to avoid a hit would indicate that the rebels must have total control of the skys over the Ukraine and if that is the case then how come it took 4 months to use this advantage and how come passanger jets were allowed to fly over the region

Lets hope this ploy works better for Kiev than the faked voice recordings.

It only takes seconds to download data from the balck boxes to fast forwward to what the pilots are saying as the plane got hit by something but it will take days for them to come up with the spin they want to put on it so don't think we will be getting any quick results.

edit on 23-7-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Why wearpon must come from Russian? The US cannot follow all wearpon in their own country (as any country). How would I expect they can say who gave wearpon the the rebel. I mean, Russian sell wearpon to many country. You have the Belarus, the Romania and a big sea (the black sea) just at ~150 km from Donetsk, and they can have stolen wearpon from Ukrain. They have captured militaries base, remember?

Now, this being said, I think it's a proxy war and everybody is lying. We will never know who destroyed the 777 for sure. It's sad, it's cruel, it's wars. Both side are wrong, wars is not the solution, that's all.

a reply to: whitepanther999

edit on 23-7-2014 by Spationaute because: Bad grammar from a french guy

edit on 23-7-2014 by Spationaute because: Added a "it's a" between "think" and "proxy"

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So now that Ukraine is shooting down their own planes? Nothing like a conspiracy site to bring out the best in theory.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

might one of these SU-25 accidentally be one that was seen tailing the MH17 ? If so...that's a good way to destroy any evidence...if the jet was somehow involved.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There was a Ukraine air defence unit that had their base and equipment captured during the Crimea takeover.
Of course the pro russian's have missiles, well at least the new Crimean government or what ever does.

from back in March,

The fate of the last two Ukrainian air defence regiments on Crimea, the 55th regiment at Yevpatoriya and 50th regiment at Feodesia – and their S-300 and Buk-M1 weapon systems – is uncertain.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Sooo there ARE Buk missiles that were stationed in Crimea which has fallen into you know who's hands. Oh but the terr...um I mean rebels don't have access to that kind of fire power do they.

edit on 23-7-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Do we really need updates every time a Jet is shot down in a war zone?

I understand the propaganda of wanting to go "Ah Ha! see! they can shoot down jets so that means they shot down the commercial planes"

No sorry it means they shot down your jets, like they were doing before the Malaysian plane, and apparently like they are going to keep doing, since it's a war zone.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The Ukrainians better hope this isn't the case... i cant think of a time where all Airspace supremacy has fallen in the hand of the separatists\terrorists\freedom fighters, fighting a ground force in your own country without the advantage of air support would make the whole process a lot harder, so much so that you would expect the missile batteries would be priority target for the Ukrainian special forces.

all seems too convenient off the back of the downed civilian plane

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

This is a major update...

Do you suggest that we ignore the news since you find it uninteresting?

This will fuel the fire and most likely escalate the conflict to the next level.

Expect some sabers to be rattled and for the media to spin the heck out of this one.
edit on 7/23/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

This will fuel the fire and most likely escalate the conflict to the next level.

Expect some sabers to be rattled and for the media to spin the heck out of this one.

also.. "every time a jet is shot down in awar zone"

Fighter jets generally dont get shot down that often.. especially not by guerilla\militia type armies, the Ukraine is suggesting its been 3 in 9 days!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

A MAJOR update? really? No... A major update would be Russia officially invading Ukraine, A Major update would be American, European or Nato Forces getting involved in the conflict directly, a Major update would be a smoking gun on who shot down the Malaysian plane.

"The Sukhoi-25 are typically used for supporting ground troops and may have been flying low. Many of the aircraft downed by rebels were attacked by ground fire."
Source for the MANY of the Aircraft DOWNED

I understand in war time we like to count every body and every plane shot down, but you don't even have the current tally of planes shot down, implying(to me at least) that these two jets are somehow significant in nature. It's not.

Sorry to sound mean, I understand you are just trying to report what you see and the media portrays it as huge news, so you in turn do the same.

I am merely suggesting this "news" be lumped in with one of the many Ukraine Civil War threads already present, since in of itself, it's just another military jet shot down, in the coming weeks there will be more. They don't each require their own thread.

edit on 7/23/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: typos

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

They are saying "See! See! if they can shoot down these they probably shot down mh17."

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.theglobeandmail.com...

Pro-Russian rebels shot down two Ukrainian fighter jets on Wednesday, not far from where a Malaysian airliner was brought down last week in eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 passengers on board.

well that did not take long 2 accuse Russia.puppet media Wheres the proof?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I am merely suggesting this "news" be lumped in with one of the many Ukraine Civil War threads already present, since in of itself, it's just another military jet shot down, in the coming weeks there will be more. They don't each require their own thread.

There is a simple answer to this.....DON'T CLICK ON THE THREAD! You can clearly see the title, if uninteresting to you, find something else to read about...

News is news, they do deserve their own thread...How do you think us conspiracy theorists put pieces together? You get all the threads on each topic and piece together what is happening...Not saying this is important...YET...But this is how we find out, with multiple topics and opinions on the topic. Sorry to sound mean, but if you don't want to be involved in a thread, by all means don't open it and join in.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
oh and make sure to add about mh17 get the emotions going. Sad rest in peace to the victims but they are being used to further an agenda...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join