It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli ambassador says IDF deserves Nobel Peace Prize for “unimaginable restraint”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nobel Peace Prize my "tutu". They warn the people in Gaza, folks say...yeah, right. They warn them and tell them where there is a "safe" place to go...then, they bomb the very place they sent the people to. They bomb hospitals, even a geriatric hospital where most folks were comatose and helpless and NO threat to anyone.

Apologists say that Israel is using restraint by not wiping them out totally with one big b*mb....but heh, that wouldn't be as entertaining...think of all that popcorn that would go to waste...can't have that. Slow and painful does the trick it seems, for that bunch. If they get the prize...seems the Nobel Peace prize isn't so "noble" anymore.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
He is totally correct.
John Kerry has said publicly Israel has every right to go after the attack tunnels and offensive rockets.

The world should be appalled at the tactics of Hamas, engineering civilians into the line of fire to protect their offensive rockets and attack tunnels while their leaders dine on buffets and banquets in Qatar enjoying the lap of luxury.

Israel won't stop till the tunnels are destroyed, they said days ago they project it to take two weeks to destroy the hundreds of miles and half a million tons of concrete reinforced terror tunnels. It's been 4 days only. There will be more dead civilians, Hamas engineered it to be that way.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Maybe you could present them with the prize?? Since you and the ambassador have absolutely no clue as to what the Nobel peace prize means.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Maybe you could present them with the prize?? Since you and the ambassador have absolutely no clue as to what the Nobel peace prize means.

Kissinger got one, means anyone is eligible, just ask anyone here.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Do you know what the peace prize is? I didn't ask anything about former winners, how does one generally be eligible for the peace prize?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Do you know what the peace prize is? I didn't ask anything about former winners, how does one generally be eligible for the peace prize?

Do you know what hyperbole means?
Can one agree with anothers hyperbole, such as my agreeing with the Ambasador's?
Must you be taken by the hand and walked through every thread or is your ignorance willful?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Can one agree with anothers hyperbole, such as my agreeing with the Ambasador's?
Must you be taken by the hand and walked through every thread or is your ignorance willful?

Your first sentence from the post

He is totally correct.

I sorry but that ain't hyperbole, you are just using that excuse now because you got egg on your face. Don't be getting mad because I am calling you out on your bs, you want to get your point across? Then don't be agreeing with idiotic statements.

edit on 23-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

John Kerry has said publicly Israel has every right to go after the attack tunnels and offensive rockets.

But you notice he never says the Palestine being that it is an occupied territory has every right to attack Israel.

The world should be appalled at the tactics of Hamas, engineering civilians into the line of fire to protect their offensive rockets and attack tunnels while their leaders dine on buffets and banquets in Qatar enjoying the lap of luxury.

The world should also be appalled at Israel who has precision weapons but keeps killing scores of civilians who are no where near these launch sites. Their having to use two missiles to kill those four kids shows they are too inept to possess these weapons.

Israel won't stop till the tunnels are destroyed, they said days ago they project it to take two weeks to destroy the hundreds of miles and half a million tons of concrete reinforced terror tunnels.

They destroyed a man's whole orchard looking for a tunnel they are using the tunnels as an excuse to attack Palestine's agriculture.

There will be more dead civilians, Hamas engineered it to be that way.

There will be more dead civilians because Israel wants it that way also.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

So what if they give warnings it still doesn't make what they are doing right. Besides these people have nowhere to go Israel blocks one border and Egypt blocks the other.

There's tons of places they can go, unless you are there and have tried to escape first hand, then don't comment on what you don't know. I would have left out into the desert or some shantytown with some jugs of water with my family until it blew over, its called survival instincts, if you want to live, you'll find a way. Even if I have to build my own survival tunnel.

Why would Israel want to do that? Without the constant "threat" from Hamas how would Israel cry and beg billions in money and free weapons from other nations. Israel not getting freebies from everyone makes Israel sad.

Because at this moment Israel has every right too, they asked everyone to make Hamas stop, they've ordered cease fires, they never retaliated like Hamas does until now because they had DOME.

Why is it Israel is allowed to defend their homeland but Hamas isn't allowed to defend their homeland? Should they just stand by and let Israel invade their land kidnap hundreds of people and put them into prisons demolish peoples homes, murder people, and build settlements on land that doesn't belong to them. So why should Israel be allowed to do all these things but when Hamas fights back it's terrorism. Israel are the terrorist here Hamas are the freedom fighters.

Hamas freedom fighters? Do freedom fighters attack millions of innocent civilians? really? that was a joke statement had to be.

Israel goes for precision strikes on HAMAS.

HAMAS fires THOUSANDS of rockets at innocent CIVILIANS.

Sounds like your view on Terrorist is backwards.
edit on 23-7-2014 by TrustIsALie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Your first sentence from the post

He is totally correct.

I sorry but that ain't hyperbole, you are just using that excuse now because you got egg on your face. Don't be getting mad because I am calling you out on your bs, you want to get your point across? Then don't be agreeing with idiotic statements.

I must take you by the hand yet again, follow along now and leave your pretended ignorance behind. My first sentence is me agreeing with the Ambassador's hyperbole, which is the use of the nobel peace prize to highlight Israel's restraint.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Klaatu, where are you when we need you????

We could actually do this for the ME. Park a sub in the red sea. If ANYONE initiates violence, they get annihilated with ABSOLUTELY no exceptions. It would force them ALL to work things out.
edit on 23-7-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

But you notice he never says the Palestine being that it is an occupied territory has every right to attack Israel.

The world should also be appalled at Israel who has precision weapons but keeps killing scores of civilians who are no where near these launch sites. Their having to use two missiles to kill those four kids shows they are too inept to possess these weapons.

Israel won't stop till the tunnels are destroyed, they said days ago they project it to take two weeks to destroy the hundreds of miles and half a million tons of concrete reinforced terror tunnels.

They destroyed a man's whole orchard looking for a tunnel they are using the tunnels as an excuse to attack Palestine's agriculture.

There will be more dead civilians, Hamas engineered it to be that way.

There will be more dead civilians because Israel wants it that way also.

What part of Hamas rockets and tunnel entrances are designed to be embedded within civilian infrastructure don't you understand?

Is it your view Hamas wins because Israel can't ever take out the rockets or tunnels because Hamas was so smart to put them among civilians?

Israel could have been like Hamas and never built bomb shelters, Iron dome, secure borders, then waited for the inevitable body counts of their civilians to rise so they could cry out poor me poor me to the world. All the Jew haters would have loved that.

First they sent in suicide bombers, Israel built walls.
Next they launched rockets, Israel built Iron Dome.
Now they built attack tunnels, Israel sent in ground forces.
boo f'n hoo, all Palestinian attacks which Palestinians have no right to do are fail.
All of Israel's responses which they do have a right to do are successful.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
We'll we just go in at night and do it silently? Israel is a war mongering nation & people. Saying it's their government don't cut it anymore. I saddens me to watch the eradication of an entire population of people, by a war mongering people who thinks their shat dont stink and the whole world should bow at their feet.

So if stopping Israel means Iran nukes them.....then I say, 3.2.1 mushroom cloud time. reply to: Krazysh0t

edit on 23-7-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
How many Israeli citizens has died in the rocket attacks? Seems to me most of the time these " rockets" land in places where people arent. The street, a parked car, side of an unoccupied building. Would'nt surprise me if Israel was shooting them at themsleves in order to further the eradication of the people of Palestine. Nah, Israel is as honest as the day is long. At least that's what the Israelis say and CNN. a reply to: TrustIsALie

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrustIsALie

There's tons of places they can go, unless you are there and have tried to escape first hand, then don't comment on what you don't know. I would have left out into the desert or some shantytown with some jugs of water with my family until it blew over, its called survival instincts, if you want to live, you'll find a way. Even if I have to build my own survival tunnel.

If they were to do this then they would be nothing but targets for the trigger happy "settlers" who shoot Palestinians without a second thought.

Because at this moment Israel has every right too, they asked everyone to make Hamas stop, they've ordered cease fires, they never retaliated like Hamas does until now because they had DOME.

They have retaliated far worse than Hamas ever has. When was the last time Hamas destroyed Israeli neighborhoods?

Hamas freedom fighters? Do freedom fighters attack millions of innocent civilians? really? that was a joke statement had to be.

Hamas is fighting a hostile invading force which is Israel. Every since 1948 Israel has not stopped stealing land. Sorry but these so called innocent civilians are taking part in the theft of land they are hardly innocent. The only ones there that are innocent is the children and their parents are to blame for them being there.

Israel goes for precision strikes on HAMAS.

Yeah right carpet bombings of whole neighborhoods is hardly precision bombing.

HAMAS fires THOUSANDS of rockets at innocent CIVILIANS.

People who willfully participate in the theft of land are not innocent.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

War is imprecise, no matter how precise your weaponry. Everyone thought martial arts looked like a kung fu movie, till the UFC came around, then they saw the dirty, bloody truth. Fighting is a dirty, nasty, hard business. The Israelis may be doing their best, civilians will still get killed.

What is it that all of you want them to do? Should Israel just roll over and die?

For those of you that don't follow this stuff routinely. Hamas has been launching rockets at Israel for years. Israel defends itself with an anti missile system. But how long are you going to allow your neighbor to shoot at your house before you shoot back?

Someone give me an answer.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Israel could have been like Hamas and never built bomb shelters, Iron dome, secure borders, then waited for the inevitable body counts of their civilians to rise so they could cry out poor me poor me to the world. All the Jew haters would have loved that.

If Hamas had the funding that Israel has been getting they could have had those things also. Also don't bring Jews into this because Israel is run by Zionist. The real Jews are against the actions that Israel has been taking and stand with Palestine.

Palestinian attacks which Palestinians have no right to do are fail.

United Nations Charter’s Article 51 grants a people fighting an illegal occupation the right to use ‘all necessary means at their disposal’ to end their occupation.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

For those of you that don't follow this stuff routinely. Hamas has been launching rockets at Israel for years. Israel defends itself with an anti missile system. But how long are you going to allow your neighbor to shoot at your house before you shoot back?

If you were stealing your neighbors land and killing his family wouldn't you expect him to respond?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I saddens me to watch the eradication of an entire population of people, by a war mongering people who thinks their shat dont stink and the whole world should bow at their feet.

Just a note of clarification here, but Israel is doing nothing remotely like eradicating a population. That would be genocide and to suggest it here is profoundly misplaced or profoundly misunderstanding the meaning of that whole approach.

There are 1.8 Million people in the Gaza strip (Currently published in population figures). It occupies a land area of 139 measly sq. miles. Los Angeles is 503 sq miles by comparison. Bakersfield, California is 143 sq miles. It's a very small area, and VERY densely populated. How many have been killed thus far? As of Monday, it was 560 as a few different reports show.

560 or even twice that number dead in an area the size of Bakersfield, with 1.8 million people crammed into it (and not every sq. mile is 'lived on' land, of course) isn't genocide. It's some VERY careful and selective use of military force. Simply reckless and accidental fire could run counts into the thousands in a hurry, if Israel were not putting serious effort into being selective, IMO.

Add to that, Hamas has the obliteration of the residents of Israel and the Israeli state itself right in it's own charter. I encourage anyone to look that up themselves to read. It's out there for anyone, and it's right there to see. It actually says this in their official charter. Israel isn't fighting 1.8 million Palestinians. They are fighting some hard core terrorists in a ruling party calling itself Hamas.

It's a shame Hamas chooses the battlefields they do, because too damn many innocent people get killed on both sides.
edit on 7/23/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The fact is that Israel has superior military force and can wipe them all out if they want. So I expect Palestine to not goad them, since they know they can't win. If they goad them they'll get attacked and civilians will get killed. So what are all of you complaining about? Seems to me Hamas is getting exactly what they want. International attention due to civilian deaths.

Hamas acts aggressively knowing full well civilians will die as a result. So all of you complainers are falling for their ruse. Congratulations, you're all pawns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join