It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border official points gun at Boy Scout

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

This infrastructure/economy of our 1st world nations was already collapsing. All on our own. Now we have illegal immigrants beating down our doors. Let's all point our fingers and screech at them like pod people.

Who's "real" world am I suppose to be looking at? From who's perspective? A first world nation citizen, or should I look at it from a third world nation citizens perspective? Conservative or liberal? What real world am I suppose to be looking at? Oh I know. YOUR "real" world and your perspective. Right?

The ships are already sinking, and people just need a scapegoat. The governments don't want it to be them anymore... so what to do? What to do? How do the elite stop the ptich forks and angry mobs coming after them? Let's provide a scapegoat, look - illegal immigrants - it's their fault the economy is tanking and the infrastructure is taxed - they are to blame, and people take the bait. Hook, line and sinker.

This wave of illegal immigration is a psychological operation, perpetrated by our own 1st world governments, on us. That is my opinion, and my opinion might not be right. I'm okay with that. But never, will I be convinced to hate somebody coming to live in my country, just because somebody else says I should. I'm a hippy. I'm all about the love, man.

Dance out of the thread singing... "All you need is love..."

~ Cirque
edit on 23-7-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: added

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
a reply to: crazyewok
. . .
The ships are already sinking, and people just need a scapegoat. The governments don't want it to be them anymore... so what to do? What to do? How do the elite stop the ptich forks and angry mobs coming after them? Let's provide a scapegoat, look - illegal immigrants - it's their fault the economy is tanking and the infrastructure is taxed - they are to blame, and people take the bait. Hook, line and sinker.

This wave of illegal immigration is a psychological operation, perpetrated by our own 1st world governments, on us. That is my opinion, and my opinion might not be right.

I have a feeling that your opinion speaks volumes of truth Cirque. In addition to being a scapegoat for any or all of the government caused problems, they can have the illegals for, cheap labor, sex slaves, a large and grateful voter base, and a smoke screen for when the government gets caught in some new scandal. I can think of many evil purposes that undocumented illegal alien kids could be used for.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
that is OTT.

A. taking a pic of anyone in public is fine, we are captured hundreds of times a day on cctv.
B. the boy is a BOY, even if it was illegal how the hell would he even know that?
C. Over zealous federal agents taking everything FAR too seriously, he obviously wasnt m-13 or sinaloa
D. They are on the wrong end of the country, bad stuff doesnt come from Canada.

Conclusion?

The guy was on a power trip and needs to be fired.

B.
ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
don't they have scout leaders meant to inform them???

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy

originally posted by: Biigs
that is OTT.

A. taking a pic of anyone in public is fine, we are captured hundreds of times a day on cctv.
B. the boy is a BOY, even if it was illegal how the hell would he even know that?
C. Over zealous federal agents taking everything FAR too seriously, he obviously wasnt m-13 or sinaloa
D. They are on the wrong end of the country, bad stuff doesnt come from Canada.

Conclusion?

The guy was on a power trip and needs to be fired.

B.
ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
don't they have scout leaders meant to inform them???

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. But exactly who actually gets taught all the laws and at what age are you really expected to know?

Things like "dont shoot people" are far more obvious than dont take pics of law enforcement - which actually is only some times illegal depending on exactly what type and in what state you are in.

Like in another thread recently - you are expected to follow thousands of laws, yet to defend yourself in a court you need 5 years of law education!!!

EDIT: double standards or what? Stick to the law and dont be ignorant. Easier said than done and im talking for adults here, kids? Dont make me laugh. Its a bad joke and those little children really dont know, you cant expect them to, they dont get taught, whos fault is tha really?

edit on b5050433 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy
You do know law enforcement can take action WITHOUT pointing a freaking GUN at UNARMED children!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

really? the old ignorance of the law thing. and the scout master certainly is not a fault for what happened here.

the border patrol's stance being taken is that the officer didn't even unholster his weapon at all. they aren't trying to even justify what the officer did. they are just saying that it never even happened. i'm definitely more inclined to believe the group of scouts.

But in a written statement Wednesday, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency said it had yet to find evidence that the officer drew his gun. “CBP’s review of this group’s inspection, including video footage review, indicates that our officer did not un-holster or handle his weapon as stated in the allegation,” the statement said. “The review revealed nothing out of the ordinary. We have reached out to the Boy Scout troop for additional information in reference to the allegation. The video footage has been referred to CBP Internal Affairs for further review.” Charles Vonderheid with the Mid-Iowa Council Boy Scouts of America didn’t exactly have harsh words for the agency. He told KCCI that “we want to make sure they follow the rules,” adding: “A Scout is a good citizen. It would be a great lesson in civics for that young man and that troop.” The issue of photographing federal agents at the borders is a contentious one. The ACLU argues that agency policies banning the photography of federal agents and officers doing their jobs at border crossings are unconstitutional. In fact, the ACLU of San Diego is suing the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency over two incidents at the U.S.-Mexico border. In one case, an environmental activist was attempting to photograph the border crossing for a Powerpoint presentation on border pollution. The other was a human rights activist documenting alleged rights abuses at the crossing. Both of them describe an aggressive response from officers as they took pictures on a public sidewalk on the American side of the border. Speaking to The Post, ACLU San Diego senior staff attorney Sean Riordan said the alleged incident at the Alaska border “is consistent with those our plaintiffs had.” He added that each port of entry tends to impose its own version of the photography ban. But from the ACLU’s perspective, he said, the right to take photographs of border patrol agents at work “within public view shouldn’t, as far as were concerned, be controversial.”

Border Official Points Gun At Scout

not to mention the fact that if each port of entry tends to impose its own version of the photography ban than how are the scouts supposed to be educated on every ports rules if they aren't homogenous.

at the end of the day you have a trained grown man drawing down on a BOY because he was trying to ASSIST the officers ridiculous search of their luggage by attempting to retrieve his bag from the roof of their van. a search that was initiated in the first place because said boy took a photograph. the ACLU is right to have multiple cases in trial against this nonsense.

so even though the child in question was literally trying to help he gets drawn upon with a loaded weapon as if he's a threat that needs to be extinguished.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

I disagree, they perfectly know the laws about filming Police, they just threaten citizens who don't know any better when they film them hoping they'll be too scared/intimidated to answer back with the law.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-7-2014 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join