It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border official points gun at Boy Scout

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
And no, this is not at the Southern border

This happened when a group of Boy Scouts were on a 3 week trip and on the way going from the Canadian border into Alaska, when one of the Boy Scouts took a picture of a Border Agent

Harmless, right???

Well, evidently not
According to the Agent who's picture the boy took, it's against the law to take pictures of Federal Agents
So, they harassed the B.S. Troop for about 4 hours before letting them go

DES MOINES, Iowa —A central Iowa Boy Scout troop just returned from a three-week trip they will likely never forget.

About 10 days into the trip, an innocent action by one of the nearly two dozen Scouts at the Canadian border into Alaska set off a chain of events that lead to a U.S. border official pointing a gun at a scout’s head.

Boy Scout Troop 111 Leader Jim Fox spelled out what happened to him and the Mid-Iowa Boy Scout Troop 111 as four van-loads of Scouts and adult volunteers tried to drive from Canada into Alaska.

Fox said one of the Scouts took a picture of a border official, which spurred agents to detain everyone in that van and search them and their belongings.

“The agent immediately confiscated his camera, informed him he would be arrested, fined possibly $10,000 and 10 years in prison,” Fox said.

Fox said he was told it is a federal offense to take a picture of a federal agent.

www.kcci.com...

The Troop leader said he didn't complain because he didn't want to make the situation worse

But when one of the boys went to reach for the luggage off the top of the van to be searched, that's when one agents pointed the gun at him:

“He hears a snap of a holster, turns around, and here’s this agent, both hands on a loaded pistol, pointing at the young man’s head,” Fox explained.

No one was hurt or arrested, just harassed and shook up, and they were let go about 4 hours later and they were able to continue their trip into Alaska

But what Fox said made him really furious was.....
When he thinks about what happened to them and the fact there are people streaming across the southern border illegally

Pretty bad when Americans get harassed, but illegals get a free pass at the borders

edit on 23-7-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Unfortuanately, I don't find this one bit surprising.

Sad times we are living through these days.

An officer of the law pointing a gun at a child. No regard for the use of common sense, only excessive force. Just glad no children were harmed this time only threatened and scared.

Have to keep in mind, however, we are only getting one side of the story right now. Never know why the agent felt the need to draw his weapon.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Didnt you know?

Millions of unkilled labours with potential criminal backgrounds from mexico are totatly cool!

A handfull of canadians though that may come in? Huge threat! Throw all effort into stoping them!

And americns? Even worse! Must be domestic terrorists! Why else would they want to leave the old US of A unless they are up to no good eh?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
that is OTT.

A. taking a pic of anyone in public is fine, we are captured hundreds of times a day on cctv.
B. the boy is a BOY, even if it was illegal how the hell would he even know that?
C. Over zealous federal agents taking everything FAR too seriously, he obviously wasnt m-13 or sinaloa
D. They are on the wrong end of the country, bad stuff doesnt come from Canada.

Conclusion?

The guy was on a power trip and needs to be fired.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

bad stuff doesnt come from Canada.

One name.....

Justein Bieber
edit on 23-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

The guy was on a power trip and needs to be fired.

I disagree.

He needs to be charged with assaulting a child with a deadly weapon.

Anyone else drawing a firearm and aiming at a child would be so charged. Why not this dick.

As long as these guys get away with it and the maximum penalty may be getting fired, they will continue to power trip.

The only recourse the boys parents have is to sue for damages.

Why can't the parents put the case before a Grand Jury.

Only in America, time and time again!

P

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

bad stuff doesnt come from Canada.

One name.....

Justein Bieber

Oh noos....not the Beebs!!

edit on 23-7-2014 by snarky412 because: just because

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
So you're out in the wilderness and are wearing google glass / go-pro, the moment you see an agent you are "filming them" and then they can draw weapons and approach very aggressively hoping you make "sudden movements" because filming them out in the open is illegal.

Just shows NSA level gestapo laws ripe for any given situation.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

No arrests?

That is disgraceful. The agent who held a gun on a Boy Scout should be under arrest, for violating the rights of the boy scout troop, threatening a child at gun point, and FOR NOT KNOWING THE LAW!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Yet people tell me america isnt a police state .. thats worse conduct than the old soviet border guards ..

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Yet people tell me america isnt a police state .. thats worse conduct than the old soviet border guards ..

Who tells you that?

The current america is a perfect example of a police state.

And further more one that accepts immigrants and grants rights that actual citizens don't get. (allowing "court certificate" illegals to travel internally without photo IDs) EDIT: i should elaborate, a court given piece of paper that can easily be forged that allows immigrants access to internal flights)

edit on b1212624 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

America may be a police-state, but it's for your safety and for the children-. . . . . wait, what?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Just look at America in November. Voting will be taking place.

THEN you'll see a real police-state!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Just look at America in November. Voting will be taking place.

THEN you'll see a real police-state!

A very scary and all to real possibility.

(and a sad one at that)

edit on b1616614 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I just remember my trip to New York.

*shivers*

Reminded me on pictures I have seen of Nazi Germany Berlin.

I know the UK has its overzealous CCTV but that's mild than what I saw in New York.

Florida and Chicago were a lot better. Really New York should scare you guys in the USA.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I just remember my trip to New York.

*shivers*

Reminded me on pictures I have seen of Nazi Germany Berlin.

I know the UK has its overzealous CCTV but that's mild than what I saw in New York.

Florida and Chicago were a lot better. Really New York should scare you guys in the USA.

I live in the UK and CCTV doesnt bother me, taking pictures myself of anyone however is seen (lol) as pervy or intrusive. Its a strange hypocrisy i seriously dont understand.

yes security is an issue but police on the beat and private security should not be a thing.

Im not any sort of terrorist, so me and my phone camera are irrelevant, do you think that real terrorists would sit out tere with an iphone? Or stay hidden and use a proper camera.

This # has got out of hand and people need to chill the # out.

A guy with a phone taking pics is not the same and nor is it illegal, if you arnt doing anything dodgy in the first place, why get so mad. I cant possibly see in side a building with a phone, its not like my iphone can see through walls and zoom in on any secret documents.

This is getting out of control.

Whats next? simply having eyes and being near a secret facility is going to also banned? GIVE ME A BREAK.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

excuse me sir what the hell do you think you are doing?

"im blind and im walking my guide dog"

Oh #, well er never mind, not a terrorist intel agent, cant get mad.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Guys who aren't “real” cops have the biggest attitude of pushing that they are cops and should be respected as such. I've personally known guys like this. When they start throwing around words like “federal agent” that is a sign of exactly what you are dealing with.

If you ask one of these guys what they do, and rather then getting a response like “I'm a DOT officer”, “TSA Agent”, “Customs Agent”, “VA Police”, etc.., you get an “I'm a FEDERAL AGENT”, you're dealing with a person who has an ego/self-value issue that is trying to make it sound like they are more important then they are. They use “Federal Agent” because it sounds more like they work for the FBI, CIA, or one of the more serious agencies with real police powers.

When you run into an officer like this, you don't want to cross them as they are the ones who are just itching to show you that they have some actual police power that they can use against you.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

excuse me sir what the hell do you think you are doing?

"im blind and im walking my guide dog"

Oh #, well er never mind, not a terrorist intel agent, cant get mad.

More likely theyd shoot the guide dog and beat the man severely before sending him to gitmo ..

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Strictsum

Thus, the way that "law-enforcement" people have drilled into them that typical citizens must be viewed as possibly the worst kind of criminal regardless of the situation. They are the super special ones and their own life must be protected with shows of force given even the slightest signs of non-compliance. How easy it is to turn themselves into brutal thugs with the slightest show of "resistance."

edit on 23-7-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join