It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Attacked in 'Slender Man' Case Receives Anonymous Purple Heart

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

First she survived being stabbed 19 times. Police say it was by her 12-year-old friends. The suspects allegedly told police they did it to please an online fictional character named “Slender Man.”

Then she crawled to safety from the woods near Waukesha, Wisconsin.

Now as she heals, the girl, whose identity ABC News is not revealing because of her age, continues to inspire many worldwide, with well-wishers creating cards for her on homemade purple hearts.

The little girl and her brother open up the hundreds and some days thousands of packages sent to the family from generous people from all over the world,” Stephen Lyons, the survivor’s spokesperson, told ABC News. “It's therapeutic and something she and her brother do every day.”

But this month a different kind of Purple Heart came for her in the mail: one issued to members of the military wounded service to the country, or to a family whose loved one was killed in the line of duty.

A simple note came attached, Lyons said. It read, “The Only Heart I Could Find – Stay Strong.”

abcnews.go.com...#

Her parents explained to the young girl the significance of the Purple Heart and are deeply touched by this gift
What this anonymous person did with the Purple Heart was awesome IMO!!
So very cool!!

Along with the numerous mailings they've received, Lyons said the family is also grateful for the money raised in an online “Hearts for Healing” campaign. According to the family’s statement, “supporters have donated over $50,000 to assist the family in their goal of $250,000 to help with mounting medical expenses.”

May the young girl soon recover, both physically and mentally, she has suffered enough
My thoughts and prayers go out for her and her family

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

That's simply awesome.

This almost brought tears to my eyes. I wish this young girl the very best. And a salute to to original owner of the Purple Heart.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wow what a great story. The young gal is such a fighter to be able to survive being stabbed 19 times. Words can't describe the anonymous gesture of a true purple heart. Someone who doesn't care about the spot light and just wanted to help her in her road to recovery.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Lovely to know how many decent people are still out there despite all the poop that goes on. Such a horrific thing to have happened, I really admire how strong she must have been in order to survive that and get herself to safety.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: snarky412

That's simply awesome.

This almost brought tears to my eyes. I wish this young girl the very best. And a salute to to original owner of the Purple Heart.

I know, I got goosies reading it
Was telling my husband about it and I choked up

I realize there will be some that don't understand or simply don't care
But we know the significance behind it

And I bet it lifted that little girls spirits, not to mention her parents!!

edit on 22-7-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
At first I thought it was issued and i was like "what??" but now after reading that its clear some kind veteran gave it to her.
Would certainly mess with your mental well being to have two people who were supposed to be friends attempt to murder you.
edit on 23-7-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I am very happy to hear this. That poor child went through hell and deserves a world of love and happiness.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
touching story.....nice too see....i hope the little girl recovers

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
A Purple Heart goes here deserved. Good for her hope it helps her feel more positive about life during her recovery. At that age kids feel canceled out already. Let alone being stabbed 19 times by their own friends.....SMH

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Let alone being stabbed 19 times by their own friends

That right there is messed up ^^^^^^

Not only does she have to endure the physical trauma but the mental as well, knowing this horrific act was done by her friends
Sounds like she's getting a lot of support though, good for her!!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
All people suffering from aggression within a society should get free medical care. What a wonderful story of strength and kindness, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Damn, you mean people in America are responsible for having to pay for their own medical expenses if they're the victims of assault?

Sheesh, that's horrific.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
I'm from Australia. Presumed in US they do from "donations to help with mounting medical expenses".

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The fact that the medical bills adds up to 1/4 of a million dollars still leaves me sort of pissed off though. Different time different thread, the Purple Heart is most appropriate.
edit on 23-7-2014 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
That's a huge gift. The hero who received the purple heart is, yet again, a hero.
I wish the girl well. It's a trauma that could be with her for a very long time.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Good Morning ATS! Simple acts of caring/love/compassion however you spell it, however you say it, helps keep the light on in a world gone dark.

Reading stories like this brings a watery substance to my eyes.

SnF, thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
a reply to: glend

Damn, you mean people in America are responsible for having to pay for their own medical expenses if they're the victims of assault?

Sheesh, that's horrific.

They can recoup their losses and bills from the perp--if they have assets that is.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
At first I thought it was issued and i was like "what??" but now after reading that its clear some kind veteran gave it to her.
Would certainly mess with your mental well being to have two people who were supposed to be friends attempt to murder you.

Oh come on...who hasn't had some of our supposed friends try to murder us?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

join