It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New series on History: In Search of Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
In Search of Aliens

From the lost city of Atlantis to the Loch Ness Monster to the mystery of the Nazca Lines, the world is filled with tales of mysterious locations, mythical creatures and strange occurrences. But could these extraordinary stories and theories turn out to be stranger-than-fiction truths? If so, might there be an extraterrestrial explanation for these phenomena? IN SEARCH OF ALIENS follows Giorgio Tsoukalos, an Ancient Astronaut theorist and leading contributor to Ancient Aliens, as he explores the fascinating evidence behind some of the Earth’s most famous mysteries.

I did a search but didn't find a topic about this so I thought I'd post it in case anyone might find this show interesting but didn't hear about it already. I found this show by looking at the program guide on my TV, haven't seen a commercial for it.

A new mystery show starring Giorgio! And it seems like it may focus on more than just aliens. I know I'm excited. Anyone else going to watch this, if nothing else for the entertainment factor?
It premiers this Friday on H2 after the new Ancient Aliens episode. The first episode is about Atlantis, apparently. I can't wait to see.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoy these as well...but I assure you. After the Atlantis episode...it will still be lost!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I find myself disappointed.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I remember when the history channel used to have shows about history... now its all about aliens who run pawn shops. They need to at least stop being speculative and show some evidence in all of their unscientific claims. Ancient Aliens represents to me the downfall of society...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I love watching
how out of control
doods hair gets
as time goes on

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

If they are going to follow him around I wonder how much money they allocated for hair spray / gel for him.

joking aside thanks for the heads up. Regardless of what people may think we are seeing more and more conversation about the ET topic in media forums that once shunned the topic completely.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I remember when the history channel used to have shows about history... now its all about aliens who run pawn shops

i remember that too. that stopped when the came out with H2, and the history channel became all reality crap shows.

they use to have shows about aircraft, civil war, you name it. they even had one where they showed movies that were made based on history. now it's ice road truckers, axemen, pawn stars, counting cars, american restoration, and all of it is fake made up phony bs.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I think some of the ET shows they have could be considered valid for a history channel since they suggest we have been visited by aliens thousands of years ago.

To be honest its nice to have some variety on that channel. For a while there it was all Hitler all the time.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Most don't realize that alot of these channels are owned by the same company: Discovery Communications...

If you channelsurf between alot of them you will notice they also sync their commercial breaks at the same time too...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Lol, why do people view Ancient Aliens as the Antichrist?

It really is meant to simply provoke thinking outside of the box - and it does a great job at that. Sure it is full of silly statements and pseudoscience but much of the stuff they mention and especially the ancient sites they visit really get the wheels turning in ones mind.

Explain Dwarka. Either Ancient Aliens or people have been here and have been intelligent for a LONG LONG time.

Of course skeptics will say the entire city is merely natural underwater rock formations. Pft. Gimme an f'n break.

But yes - sadly the History channel is all now 'reality TV' haha pretty sad how the actual history shows have had to been pushed back to the 'H2' channel. Just proves what the average American is interested in - nonsense tv.
edit on 23-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Figured a Giorgio thread would be incomplete without a picture of him.....

.....and yes, I'll definitely watch it, I love my Ancient Aliens!
edit on 23/7/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Why is this crap not on sic fi? This is the opposite of history

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Do you mean the SYFY channel?

That channel lost it's ability to provide quality ANYTHING a long time ago...LOL

There used to be a time when T.V. science fiction was appreciated by those that where actually INTERESTED in the subject...
The SYFY channel has turned the science fiction genre into a tasteless gruel for the masses... effectively making it a non-starter in any and all intellectual conversations,...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I'm amazed at how few people recognize the agenda the history
channel is pushing with these shows. You need only be awake
to see it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
I remember when the history channel used to have shows about history...

Me too! I also remember when the Discovery Channel and Nat Geo weren't about drug thugs, crab fishing, naked survivor man and hillbillies. :B

This looks like it will be a fun show, though. Giorgio has a way of being very enthusiastic about a subject that's just very entertaining to watch, whether you believe it or not. I do kind of hope that he backs off the "ancient aliens" stuff a bit, but I'm not counting on it.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Lol, why do people view Ancient Aliens as the Antichrist?

It really is meant to simply provoke thinking outside of the box - and it does a great job at that. Sure it is full of silly statements and pseudoscience but much of the stuff they mention and especially the ancient sites they visit really get the wheels turning in ones mind.

Explain Dwarka.

Since you asked...
Dwarka sank during the Medieval period.

Harte

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Do you mean the SYFY channel?

That channel lost it's ability to provide quality ANYTHING a long time ago...LOL

There used to be a time when T.V. science fiction was appreciated by those that where actually INTERESTED in the subject...
The SYFY channel has turned the science fiction genre into a tasteless gruel for the masses... effectively making it a non-starter in any and all intellectual conversations,...

Defiance ain't so bad.

They're also showing reruns of Spartacus-Blood and Sand which I enjoy.
Dominion sux, though.

Syfy shows some decent movies sometimes as well.

Harte

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard

originally posted by: Ridhya
I remember when the history channel used to have shows about history...

Me too! I also remember when the Discovery Channel and Nat Geo weren't about drug thugs, crab fishing, naked survivor man and hillbillies. :B

Yes, and you also used to be able to learn something on The Learning Channel (TLC.)

Now all you can learn there is how people with dwarfism, birth defects and hoarding problems manage to live.

Harte

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Why is this crap not on sic fi? This is the opposite of history

No room left after WWE Raw and Smackdown.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The show was ok. Nothing special but I did find the egg somewhat interesting. Not that I expected GT to actually find Atlantis.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join