It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californians ... ‘Water Cops’ to Police Water

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Water cops.... Almost as dumb as fashion police in Florida. I'm going to wash my car everyday if this passes. rain or shine. And then water my lawn for 45 minutes. It's therapeutic I can do it....

What a splendid idea! Who needs water to sustain life or grow food with when you can wash a hunk of metal, or water flora that should be a different color.

I swear to god, Americans are getting more stupid by the day. Don't bitch when the taps run dry, and don't beg other states for their water, either. If you Californians run yourselves dry, you can figure out how to dig yourselves out of that hole because all you're going to hear is "told ya so, idiots.".

I hate to say it but I live in a country where arrogance of some citizens is so high it makes Mt. Everest look like a speed bump.

Stay thirsty my friends might take on a whole new meaning.

So true, so very true....and I like the humor too

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well it's a good thing none of you water narcs are my neighbors "I hope". .. I live in a red flag zone which means it's a high risk area for fires we gotta keep our grass green! But it gets up to 100s often and dries up my grass quick and will turn it brown. So I don't feel bad for watering my lawn all day. They send me the bill. I pay it... If you honestly have a problem with it PM me your info and I'll send you my water bill and you can control what I do with it.... Till then. Nobody's going to tell me how much I can use.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

If you live in a red flag zone why not hardscape looks great if done right little to no maintenance and save yourself a boatload of money.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I live in Cali and for the most part I don't have a problem with this, although why it costs 500K for 6 cops escapes me. Are each of them getting paid 100k each or what???

Anyway, the more important thing isn't about them being there, but how they do their job. Because although there are some average Joe's out there wasting water on their stupid lawns or letting the hose run in the street washing their car for an hour, the real wasters are the businesses. I can't count how many times I see a parking lot or business that has a broken sprinkler head just shooting water out all over the street and nobody is there to fix it. Also, what about the biggest water wasters of them all??? Golf courses!!! Those AHoles waste more water for their lawn than 10 blocks worth of residential lawns. But do you think they'll be ticketing Businesses???

How can it be that you Californians are suffering from water shortages, while out here in Arizona we have watered lawns and golf courses? (I mean this in the most sarcastic way).

No, as a serious question why don't you Cali people build a desalinasation plant(s). They are doing it Dubai, why can't you folks?

Kratos

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

If you live in a red flag zone why not hardscape looks great if done right little to no maintenance and save yourself a boatload of money.

Because I have a dog and kids around that needs grass to roam in. Otherwise I would. And I would still water it!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I pay for my water I'll do whatever the F I want with it. I have a big yard and big cars. Deal with it!

Ya everyone pays for water. You're not special because you pay for yours. Obviously you just want to be a jerk about it. Not only that but because of your arrogant and selfish ways of living and acting you put yourself before everyone else. Exactly the kind of person who needs to get fined too. So I will deal with it like everyone else has to. Making up for what you waste being a jerk and thinking only of yourself.

I hope you fined for it too or one of your neighbors catches you and turns you in.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40

No, as a serious question why don't you Cali people build a desalinasation plant(s). They are doing it Dubai, why can't you folks?

Kratos

Probably because the people in charge of this state have their heads up their assess for one reason. Also, it's simply a mismanagement of our resources too. We also sell our water down south as well instead of keeping it here in the valley for crops.

Actually if LA would put in plants to filter their water then we wouldn't have to send them ours and it would be better. I'm all for desalinisation plants personally and I don't know why they don't build them. Maybe because they spend all the money on BS instead of what they should be spending it on. God only knows.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Because I have a dog and kids around that needs grass to roam in. Otherwise I would. And I would still water it!

Dogs adapt to anything as for the kids they rather play in the dirt but I can tell that you want to be the rebel without a cause kind of guy and not listen to reason.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I pay for my water I'll do whatever the F I want with it. I have a big yard and big cars. Deal with it!

Ya everyone pays for water. You're not special because you pay for yours. Obviously you just want to be a jerk about it. Not only that but because of your arrogant and selfish ways of living and acting you put yourself before everyone else. Exactly the kind of person who needs to get fined too. So I will deal with it like everyone else has to. Making up for what you waste being a jerk and thinking only of yourself.

I hope you fined for it too or one of your neighbors catches you and turns you in.

Cry about it... My neighbors feel the same way I do about it. I keep my lawn green And my cars clean I'm not being a jerk about it I just take joy in keeping things nice I worked for. Maybe you live with your mom and you can't use all the water you want. Too bad for you. Or your a little overly conservative. Before you blow your whistle at me why don't you go try and shut down a water park..... Don't worry about me and mines.
edit on 23-7-2014 by 3u40r15m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Lol I guess I'll be the water rebel.... Kids would rather play in grass because the sprinkler feels oh so good....

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Cry about it... My neighbors feel the same way I do about it. I keep my lawn green And my cars clean I'm not being a jerk about it I just take joy in keeping things nice I worked for. Maybe you live with your mom and you can't use all the water you want. Too bad for you. Or your a little overly conservative. Before you blow your whistle at me why don't you go try and shut down a water park..... Don't worry about me and mines.

No, if I lived with my Mom I probably wouldn't care about it. I'm not a kid man. Adults actually care about stuff like this. It's kids that act like you and just waste everything because they don't know any better. Although in your case you think what you pay makes up for it, well it doesn't. The reason I care is because we are in a serious drought and any conservation of water is good for everyone not just myself.

Ever wonder what happens if Cali dries up??? Well, for one you're precious property won't be worth crap because nobody will buy it if it's in a desert and you'll lose any money you have invested in it.

But hey, do what you want man. I'm not gonna waste time arguing with a grumpy old cuss who's thinks of himself as too important to have brown lawn for a while. Drain it all away along with the value of your property and leave a desert home worth nothing to your kids.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

As hot as it's been, a lot the people complaining are complaining under a nice breeze of air condition, which also uses water. But in all honesty, I'm not worried about what people think, if I get fined for watering my grass, I'll spend the money on a lawyer and fight it and waste everybody's time... How about them water parks??

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Shut the water parks down too if needed, fine with me. Let the Golf courses die for a season too, I don't care. Perhaps if we just those two things alone then all us People wouldn't have to worry about water. Like I said before, it's a total mismanagement of our resources.

Understand, I'm not for more Government. I want people to have the choices. I want you to be able to have a fantastic lawn personally. I want all people to have plenty of water. We actually need it. A golf course comes second to people IMO. So do Water Parks and any other Business that is abusing the system. Believe me, I know what you're thinking. I'm not some liberal who loves controlling people with Government. I hate Government control.

That's why I said earlier that I'm most concerned about Businesses wasting water more than people. So if it's a problem with Government not cracking down on Business but cracking down on People then I'm all for taking out Government. But nobody is showing any evidence of that yet so I'm just taking the situation at face value. At face value, we all are in trouble because the state is drying up. Both Ground water and snow pack, lakes, etc. All going or gone. So I'm just saying why not just do what we can, all of us.

People need water first for food, cattle, crops, etc. F*ck Business, F*ck Water Parks, F*ck Golf Courses and F*ck the Government too if they can't do a better job. If they are the problem then fine, let's remove them and put some people in there that can do the job right.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

That was a reasonable statement and I'll agree with it. And people act like I really have time to sit in my yard all damn day watering my lawn or washing my car... Noooo. But i would sprinkler it less and park my car on the lawn and wash at the same time IF businesses get cracked down on too like you said. If not, I'm just gonna pretend like the law doesn't exists and be selfish.

Pipes burst in happy valley and they went without any water for a bit. That's how it starts. Just like when they where cracking down on electricity and transformers where suddenly blowing out leaving people without electricity. Nobody wants to be controlled. Maybe they should offer rewards for water savings. Like if use 30% less per month, they cut 30%.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

That's not a bad idea. Using Rewards rather than punishment. Every now and then you hear of some town doing something like that and it works great. Maybe someone needs to try that in this case too.

I understand what you mean too. It's the double standard that Government makes the People suffer while the Businesses and Government themselves just keep going on being the wasteful f*cks that they are and expect others to make up for it. All while doing it with our money they collect so that they can waste it and mismanage it only to ask for more later.

That's why I keep saying, get the money out of politics and keep big corporations out of government. The Gov. should protect the People, not Corporations. The Corporations should work for the People not the Government. Then we will have free people.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
For a species that landed on the moon we sure should be able to solve problems like water supply on a planet that's 75% water? I always thought we'd be building desalination plants on the coasts and convert sea water to the area that need it. I really hope we make the right changes so things like "water police" never become a reality.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Seems like California needs a couple dozen desalinization plants on their MASSIVE coastline. Plenty of water locked up in all those swimming pools, and I can only imagine all he water that goes in those on a daily basis to keep that water level up or the pool doesn't run right.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I'm with you.

The lowest common denominator is the reason we have the nanny state to begin with.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

...the real wasters are the businesses. ....what about the biggest water wasters of them all??? Golf courses!!! Those AHoles waste more water for their lawn than 10 blocks worth of residential lawns. But do you think they'll be ticketing Businesses???

HEAR! HEAR!

S&

top topics

<< 1   >>

join