It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californians ... ‘Water Cops’ to Police Water

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

On Tuesday a Northern California Water District will vote on whether to spend $500,000 to hire “water Cops” to police Silicon Valley property owners for violating water usage restrictions.

the Bay area’s largest water district serving 2.6 million people, plans on dedicating six water cops to look out for water wasters and issue stern warnings.

"The bottom line is that we are just not getting the results we would like to see for water reduction," asserted Joan Maher, deputy operating officer for the Santa Clara Valley Water District.

‘Water Cops’

For a bit more ... "Californian Water-History":

1. Californians ... Turning In Their Neighbors !!!

2. Californians ... Lining-Up For "Recycled Sewer Water"

-
OPINION: Moon Beam has "Water Crisis" ... Correctly-Identified

( ie. conserve, conserve and ... conserve )

edit on 22-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I live in Cali and for the most part I don't have a problem with this, although why it costs 500K for 6 cops escapes me. Are each of them getting paid 100k each or what???

Anyway, the more important thing isn't about them being there, but how they do their job. Because although there are some average Joe's out there wasting water on their stupid lawns or letting the hose run in the street washing their car for an hour, the real wasters are the businesses. I can't count how many times I see a parking lot or business that has a broken sprinkler head just shooting water out all over the street and nobody is there to fix it. Also, what about the biggest water wasters of them all??? Golf courses!!! Those AHoles waste more water for their lawn than 10 blocks worth of residential lawns. But do you think they'll be ticketing Businesses???

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Shows you how screwed up that state is - towns are threatening people with fines who are NOT watering their lawns.
lol

GLENDORA (CBSLA.com/AP) — A married couple in Glendora says they’re in hot water after they stopped watering their front lawn in response to the state’s drought crisis.

Laura and Michael Korte received a letter Tuesday from the city’s code enforcement bureau warning that their brown lawn could be a “potential public nuisance problem” and that they needed to get it green or face consequences, CBS2/KCAL9′s Kaj Goldberg reported.

To Water Or Not To Water? Glendora Residents Getting Mixed Messages Amid Drought
edit on 22-7-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Oh yeah???

Then one finds themselves in a situation like this:

California couple faces fine for brown lawn after complying with water-saving rules

On the same day the state approved mandatory outdoor watering restrictions with the threat of $500 fines, the Southern California couple received a letter from their city threatening a $500 penalty for not watering their brown lawn.

And that is not by the HOA but the city of Glendora themselves
So you have the State vs. the local cities

Talk about a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation
*yikes*

edit on 22-7-2014 by snarky412 because: arrgh...left out content

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

But do you think they'll be ticketing Businesses???

YES.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Slowly but surely the illusion of freedom is being revoked!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

This has been ongoing in Los Angeles by way of law that hasn't been enforced for years. It is technically illegal to wash your car at home. The problem was the police were nothing but meter maids and unarmed. All they could do was write a ticket, but had no way to stop you.

In my experience there the real water wasters were citys. You could drive down any street and see the water running away on parkways like there was no shortage. That was three years ago it could be different now, but somehow I doubt it. I fought the first water cost reduction on behalf of a car wash in the San Fernando Valley. Los Angeles paid out 17K they were totally crooked in their billing, and I am sure they still are.

They bill you based on your water meter readings, and charge you for waste water discharge at a much larger cost. The problem becomes when you own something like a nursery and have one bathroom on the property. You pay for waste water discharge by the 1000's for gallons for water going to plants and not discharged. It's a scam they started this because of prop 13. I think my disclosure agreement was up last year...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Water cops.... Almost as dumb as fashion police in Florida. I'm going to wash my car everyday if this passes. rain or shine. And then water my lawn for 45 minutes. It's therapeutic I can do it....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Follow the 2nd and 3rd LINKs in:

Californians ... Turning In Their Neighbors !!!

Especially the "2nd".

-
OPINION: NO Choices ... Remain

( exception ... "conserve" )

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

But do you think they'll be ticketing Businesses???

YES.

Good!! Cause I HATE seeing sprinklers just pissin gallons of water on to the blacktop and into the drain.

I almost bought some new heads to fix them myself just to stop all the waste. People need to relax about the lawn being brown. It won't kill you to have a brown lawn for a bit. Cali is gonna dry up if we aren't careful.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You can't have a city bylaw or ordinance that says you have to keep your grass green during a drought and then fine people for using water to keep their grass green. So either people have to be allowed to not water their grass and let it go brown and not get fined OR use water and keep their grass green and not get fined.

These idiots that are making up these bylaws and ordinances can't have it both ways.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Why, just to be an Ahole??? That's the kind of stupid attitude that causes these problems. F*cking Americans and their wasteful and greedy habits. Won't be happy until they're left without water to drink let alone water crops. I don't get that attitude at all.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I got a great idea.

Why don't we move to an arid desert climate, then we can plant a non native grass in our yard.
edit on 22-7-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Prisoner 1 - What you in for?

Prisoner 2 - Armed robbery and Grand theft.. What you in for?

Prisoner 1 - I kept my sprinklers on for too long..........

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Why, just to be an Ahole??? That's the kind of stupid attitude that causes these problems. F*cking Americans and their wasteful and greedy habits. Won't be happy until they're left without water to drink let alone water crops. I don't get that attitude at all.

I pay for my water I'll do whatever the F I want with it. I have a big yard and big cars. Deal with it!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Water cops.... Almost as dumb as fashion police in Florida. I'm going to wash my car everyday if this passes. rain or shine. And then water my lawn for 45 minutes. It's therapeutic I can do it....

What a splendid idea! Who needs water to sustain life or grow food with when you can wash a hunk of metal, or water flora that should be a different color.

I swear to god, Americans are getting more stupid by the day. Don't bitch when the taps run dry, and don't beg other states for their water, either. If you Californians run yourselves dry, you can figure out how to dig yourselves out of that hole because all you're going to hear is "told ya so, idiots.".

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Well, if I was your neighbor I would turn you in every single time for wasting water.

Not because i'm a narc, and I am not, but because you are an arse. I would hate to have you as a neighbor.

The city/county will love their new cash cow they have in you.

Jus wow man, you are a piece of work. You give "American" a bad name.

I'll be looking forward to you making the headlines, keep up the great work, i'm pulling for you...not really.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

What a splendid idea! Who needs water to sustain life or grow food with when you can wash a hunk of metal, or water flora that should be a different color.

I swear to god, Americans are getting more stupid by the day. Don't bitch when the taps run dry, and don't beg other states for their water, either. If you Californians run yourselves dry, you can figure out how to dig yourselves out of that hole because all you're going to hear is "told ya so, idiots.".

I hate to say it but I live in a country where arrogance of some citizens is so high it makes Mt. Everest look like a speed bump.

Stay thirsty my friends might take on a whole new meaning.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well, you can see where their priority lies

And please....PLEASE.....pretty please with a cherry on top??!!
Don't judge all Americans by one poster

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I would venture to say that when you live in a state that is getting it's water from an area that spans 8 other western states, you don't have a strong argument against conservation regulations and "to be left alone" the impact is far greater then just Cali. alone. So, play nice with others kids...

Cali. drinking water sources, 2012 pdf

top topics

<<   2 >>

join