It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Catholics of ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The Jesuits control both the Roman Catholic Church & many elements within high-level Freemasonry on both sides of the Atlantic.

Don't be an idiot.

Freemasons are not a Catholic organization. They are an anti-Catholic group, and any Catholic who joins them is automatically excommunicated, by Canon Law. Why do you think that they created the Knights of Columbus? It's the Catholic counterpart to the Masons.

Historically, one of Masonry's primary objectives has been the destruction of the Catholic Church; this is especially true of Freemasonry as it has existed in certain European countries. In the United States, Freemasonry is often little more than a social club, but it still espouses a naturalistic religion that contradicts orthodox Christianity. (Those interested in joining a men's club should consider the Knights of Columbus instead.)

The Church has imposed the penalty of excommunication on Catholics who become Freemasons. The penalty of excommunication for joining the Masonic Lodge was explicit in the 1917 code of canon law (canon 2335), and it is implicit in the 1983 code (canon 1374). (Source)

As for the other points, how about you include a source with your quoted text? Though it's obvious from your continued attempts to show that the Masons are "Jesuit run" that you're probably just an anti-Catholic hack who doesn't know the basic facts.

That's usually Murgatroid's job, does he have the day off?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen

The Jesuits control both the Roman Catholic Church & many elements within high-level Freemasonry on both sides of the Atlantic.

Don't be an idiot.

Freemasons are not a Catholic organization. They are an anti-Catholic group, and any Catholic who joins them is automatically excommunicated, by Canon Law. Why do you think that they created the Knights of Columbus? It's the Catholic counterpart to the Masons.

To be more accurate, Freemasonry is declared as an anti-Catholic organization by the Catholic church itself, NOT by Freemasonry. Being a Catholic does not disqualify anyone from joining from the view of the Masonic Order. Let's not put that slight against Freemasonry that the church does to itself.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

What is the Catholic's opinion on The Knights Templar ? after all they were officially endorsed by the Catholic church, I understand there was a whole fuss over some accusations of who they worshiped etc...

Is there any real evidence of this?

Regarding Freemasonry
Also in this day and age i find it hard to understand why The Catholic church is still against masonry. As a lot of there ideals are peaceful.

After years of searching i have never found that smoking gun that so many believe Freemasonry guilty of, Should people not be measured by there deeds and not which group they belong to ?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
[Being a Catholic does not disqualify anyone from joining from the view of the Masonic Order.

Sure. The Freemasons don't care. It's the Catholic Church that cares. The Catholic Church automatically excommunicates any Catholic who joins the Freemasons. The Freemasons don't kick people out for being Catholic.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Question :

What are you opinions of other faiths/religions?

I realize this could be a very troublesome question on a site with so many views and belief's but if you could please answer in a polite fashion and not the whole Damn you all to hell stuff

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

What is the Catholic's opinion on The Knights Templar ?

The church's opinion? Or mine? The second one is easy, I don't have one, I never paid them any attention -- my historical interests are the First through Fifth Centuries, not the time of the Knights Templar. As for the church, the Pope disbanded them at the Council of Vienne in 1312, I suspect for political reasons, more so than religious.

Also in this day and age i find it hard to understand why The Catholic church is still against masonry.

I would guess that the church was suspicious of any and all "freethinking" groups that emerged in and after the Age of Enlightenment, as they represented a threat to the Catholic church. They have what they consider to be proof of the intent of at least some Freemason groups being to destroy the church, whether that is valid or not is debatable.

What is not debatable, though, is the fact that the Catholic church automatically excommunicates, rightly or wrongly, any church member who joins the Masons, so it is silly to think that the Masons are run by Catholics.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JokerThe1st

Mine personally? Or the church? The Church has said that most religions on earth contain some truth .... to different degrees. Some have more, some have less. A few have no truth at all.

Personally there are two groups that I like -

- Buddhism/Hinduism ... some of what they have is remarkably similar to the teachings of the Catholic saints when it comes to sin debt (they have karmic debt) and suffering. I think they could be right that sometimes there is reincarnation. Catholicism says no ... but I think there is enough evidence that it is possible. God can do as he wishes.

- WIccans ... very peaceful bunch. I disagree with worship of the created instead of the creator. But a peaceful bunch. Catholic church totally disagrees with their beliefs.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What is not debatable, though, is the fact that the Catholic church automatically excommunicates, rightly or wrongly, any church member who joins the Masons, so it is silly to think that the Masons are run by Catholics.

Agreed although in practice this does not seem to be done often to my knowledge, and thank you for the honest reply

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I believe that they all have aspects of their beliefs that they get right, but that Christianity (generally), and Catholic Christianity (specifically), gets the most right. I personally don't believe that the Catholic church is the "true church", in the sense that they get everything right, but I think that they, as well as the Orthodox Catholic church, are about as close as we can get. If there ever was a "true" church, it probably died out in the earliest days of Christianity, but what we have today is "close enough" to spread the proper message.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thank you for an honest response, from both points of view is good

It is interesting to see personal opinions compared with official opinions on the same subjects.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

although in practice this does not seem to be done often to my knowledge

Because there aren't "bouncers" at the entrance to a Catholic Church who rough up people and say, "Are You a MASON?"

What happens when/if they find out (from spies or whomever), I don't know.

But sorry...I'm not a Catholic. I'm a student of history and sociology.
So, I'm out.

Good thread!!

edit on 7/23/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

There are many scholars in your country who are denouncing the actions of the RCC and the doctrine they are following. It is false doctrine, as harsh as it may be, you supporting homosexuals and then saying it's OK in the Bible is false doctrine. You don't even understand your religious text properly, you make it up to suit yourself and the majority of Pastors, Preachers, Christians are doing the same thing. This religion barely has a heartbeat left and people like you are making it worse. You just don't see it.

What does have a heartbeat is the imposter religion that has been rising in the West for decades. I like to call people like you the Sheep led to the Slaughter... You think your aloud to sleep with God and the Devil at the same time, you keep believing that, It's what makes you a good Christian.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

You claim to be a former Catholic?

Misspellings aside, none of that makes any sense, and you clearly have zero understanding of Catholic church teaching.

you supporting homosexuals and then saying it's OK in the Bible is false doctrine

I don't have the foggiest idea what you're on about there, but here is what the Catholic church teaches on homosexuality -- homosexuals are, as all of us are, loved by God, but the act of homosexual sex is, as all sex outside of the sacrament of marriage is, sinful. Homosexuals, just like unmarried heterosexuals, are called to a life of celibacy.

That's what the church teaches. I have no idea what "you supporting homosexuals and then saying it's OK in the Bible" is supposed to mean.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

It is interesting to see personal opinions compared with official opinions on the same subjects.

Bear in mind that neither FlyersFan nor I are "typical Catholics." She has left the church, and I am a Protestant-leaning Catholic, due to my conversion in 2012 from being a Catholic-leaning Protestant. "Cradle Catholics" would give you different responces, and a few of my Traditionalist friends would give radically different responces, along with a general condemnation of what FF and I have said, lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Can you refer me to the part of the Bible which explains your opinion?

Can you show me where God proclaims his love for transgressors and unbelievers who continue to transgress and deny God?

Where does the Bible mention Homosexuality alongside Sex outside of Marriage? I have seen Homosexuality alongside Murder, Extortion, Adultery, Fornication etc but not marriage.

Actually, where does the Bible mention Same sex marriage once as righteous?

I'm sure with your expertise, you can answer these questions easily.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I'm not a literalist, nor are other Catholics, so the Bible is not the "end all, be all."

But thanks, again, for demonstrating that you have no clue as to Catholic theology.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
blah blah off topic personal insults against T&C ... The author wants to know what the CATHOLIC church teaches and what CATHOLICS think. You aren't Catholic and you are clueless about Catholicism (and worse - you buy into Islamic fiction.) Bu-bye.

edit on 7/24/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Bear in mind that neither FlyersFan nor I are "typical Catholics." She has left the church, ....

I"m kinda on the fringe ... the Church calls me a lapsed Catholic. I still retain certain practices and culturally ID with Catholic but they would say I'm not because I believe reincarnation can happen and I think the Church is wrong in certain areas. It's rather fuzzy at this point.

I used to do as you do ... Divine Office every day ... Daily Mass ... Daily Rosary ... daily bible reading, etc. Third Order Carmelite. My husband still does all that and is still active in Carmel. I still pray the rosary and I have my Jesus and Mary statues in the living room to keep me company. But I don't believe in a lot of what the church teaches (onanism and original sin for example) and I'm in a questioning place right now ...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I'm not a literalist, nor are other Catholics, so the Bible is not the "end all, be all.".

Thank god! I pity those who take the bible literally and who don't use common sense. Like God would send people to hell for eating bacon or for planting their garden with mixed seeds? That's seriously absurd and shows a lack of understanding of Who God is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join