It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read The Article Before You Comment!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It drives me nuts when someone doesn't read the article and then asks a question (or makes a comment) that would not have been needed to be asked in the first place if the person read the article.

"Why is blah blah like that?" or "No, I don't think it's like that" and sometimes I want to shout "READ THE GOSH DARN ARTICLE!!!"

Most of the time I'm not posting big long articles so I don't see why people skip reading the article & just rely on the excerpt from the article????

/end rant
edit on 7/22/2014 by semperfortis because: corrected all CAPS

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Sorry, skipped to the end;

just rely on the excerpt from the article?

What article, there's no article referenced here.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

ETA; It's annoying, really annoying isn't it.
edit on 22-7-2014 by myselfaswell because: stuff

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Me too...even today we had a 3+ pages of responses to a HOAX thread in the NOAX forum...as though it was true. Doesnt anyone read anything anymore?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

G, day mate and ditto
what pub was he talking about

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
That's just the thing, most people don't read.

There was this one time the public bathroom at work was out of order so a sign was put up on the door saying it was out of order. After the 10th person asking for the key to the bathroom we switched the white paper to a neon pink paper & made the font even larger. Did that help? Nope. People still kept wanting the key to the bathroom.

There have been tons of other times people have ignored a sign right in front of them. It made me want to smack them upside the head.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

ROFL!!! I have to wipe the tears from my eyes you are so funny /end sarcasm

I know you are trying to make light of the situation but can't you let someone vent? If you were venting I wouldn't respond in a way that invalidates your feelings. I'd let you vent & even validate your feeling(s).

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

G'day pronto. I'm not really sure? I think it was horse number 4, race 3 at Randwick sometime soon

Cheers
MSAW

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Sorry mate, wasn't trying to suppress any of your steam. I was just trying to accentuate the absurdity of what happens and how irritating it can be, thus contributing to the validity of your pressure release. I do feel your pain and agree completely.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I really like the ones where its page after page of people commenting on: the article, photos, is it a ufo, what this etc....when in the 1st 4-5 posts...the answer was provided.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I really like the ones where its page after page of people commenting on: the article, photos, is it a ufo, what this etc....when in the 1st 4-5 posts...the answer was provided.

I can understand when it's a thread that has 57 pages and you don't want to read every single page but at least read the article and the first page of responses.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Read the link????

Ridiculous!! I refuse to be intimidated by facts.

Opps, sorry wrong thread but it's your fault as you didn't add a link!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I read the title. I didn't skip right to the end. I didn't even read the OP. I kind of knew what it was going to say. I read the post about the sign on the bathroom though.

Meanwhile, next time put a sign on the bathroom asking for someone to plunge the toilet, it will make them stay away.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Funny enough, many people "read" the article and substitute their own words, beliefs, conspiracies and hearsay, so it's pretty much pointless to begin with.

It reminds me of people who vote and don't even know the issues, which is how we got where we are now.

Alas....

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Eh ?? Pub !!!!! where ???

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

A little place called Ettamoogah, just down the track from Yackandanda. They land biplanes on the roof next to holden utes parked haphazardly across the corrugated iron.

Even the rabbits smoke cigs there mate!

pronto knows it well.

Regards,

bally

edit on 23-7-2014 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Forget reading the article, don't you know you can just form your opinion based on the thread title without having to bother reading anything else? Sheeshe people, learn to be more efficient.

JK, I'll admit I have been guilty of this, and it is embarrassing when you realize what you have done. I'll will say that I am seeing this becoming more frequent with a lager percentage of posts per thread where it is apparent only a few read the article.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
Funny enough, many people "read" the article and substitute their own words, beliefs, conspiracies and hearsay, so it's pretty much pointless to begin with.

It reminds me of people who vote and don't even know the issues, which is how we got where we are now.

Alas....

That ones bugs me too. It's even worse when you are talking & someone has selective hearing or inserts their own words in. I go bananas when that happens

top topics

join