It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil's Temple of Solomon opens 7/31/2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hi there everyone, lots of links. Story originated back in 2010, found one post on the subject back in 2011 but I think we could use a refresher.

In Sao Paolo, Brazil, an exact replica [of the description of] Solomon's Temple has been erected, and will open in just 9 days, on July 31, 2014.

ATS Temple of Solomon in Brazil Original Thread

From the Universal Church site---Sao Paulo Temple

And announcing the opening on July 31, 2014

Temple of Solomon to Open in Sao Paulo

Here's my thoughts/questions:
1) The building material is from Israel itself. Is there any way this temple could be considered the Third? Or could this just be the beginning of a new "temple era".
2) Are we seeing some pre-NWO amp-up? Im noticing A LOT of attention being given to South America, and while it has always been the plan, it seems like the plan is being enacted now. Nicaragua Approves Canal Linking Oceans And now it'll be even harder to get South when SHTF and there are no more flights out.
3) I read a youtube comment from someone in Brazil regarding this church, and they said

While I never being a member of Universal, I know that church very well. its a terrible money hungry christian church, whose clerics were involved with money laundry, prostitution, etc. They are mafia like, and I don't doubt they would shut you up if you become a problem for them.
They sell miracle items that have being blessed and they promisse [sic] that the item has powers (sacred woods, blessed pillows, powerful jar pieces, blessed oil, etc). they practice wichcraft-like rituals to perform healings.
Most christian churches talk really bad about that church.

Yeah yeah, youtube isn't a source; however it is vital to know the feelings of the locals in situations like this.

So what are your thoughts? The original ATS thread mentioning this only had a couple responses---any more thoughts now that we are about a week away? LOVING that it opens after the 2/25-7/27 "doom range" everyone is looking at, thanks to the LaGarde at the IMF. Especially interested in anyone who may have visited during construction, or who lives nearby. Thanks, all.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927

. . . an exact replica [of the description of] Solomon's Temple . . .
It's a Pentecostal church designed to be the same basic shape as what is believed a temple would look like, based on other temples archaeologists think were similar. (there not being an actual description other than it had timbers for roof supports)

edit on 22-7-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

This isn't a Jewish Temple? It's a "Universal Church"? Don't know about them, but doesn't "Catholic" translate to "Universal"?

edit on 22-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If someone sits in it and starts trying to rule things we should be concerned. Also, if animal sacrifices are allowed but then stopped.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This isn't a Jewish Temple? It's a "Universal Church"? Don't know about them, but doesn't "Catholic" translate to "Universal"?

G, day mate
I think it means convert or we will burn you at the stake lol

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

my understanding is the same, I remember communion class it was a big point, the discussion of Catholic (church) versus Katholikos (Greek for Universal).

No clue as to whether these guys are related to Universal Unitarians, the Catholic church, or something else.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

thank you very much for clarifying, I wasn't aware that there wasn't a detailed description somewhere in the Bible! It does look like many other religious buildings of that area----is its size responsible for its reputation as unique?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

No clue as to whether these guys are related to Universal Unitarians, the Catholic church, or something else.
It is

Universal Church of the Kingdom of God, Pentecostal Christian denomination founded on July 9, 1977 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil by Bishop Edir Macedo.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I wasn't aware that there wasn't a detailed description somewhere in the Bible! It does look like many other religious buildings of that area----is its size responsible for its reputation as unique?
Solomon's temple was destroyed by the Babylonians.
There is a description in 1 Kings 6 but it is the outer dimensions in cubits of just the actual sanctuary itself.
My point is that the shape of the building being made is supposed to evoke the temple, but nor replicate it (the so-called replica is huge, while the original was tiny, just big enough to house the ark and the table and the lamp).
The thing that distinguishes the temple in the Bible is the richness of the materials used to make it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes, catholic means universal. It doesn't mean them, though.

It all began on July 9th, 1977, when The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God officially opened its doors. (Source)

The Catholic church was founded by the Apostles in the First Century, it didn't start in 1977, lol.

It looks like they just created a replica of the Temple, somewhat akin to roadside "Bible land" attractions in the US. Unless they're going to find some Levites and start sacrificing animals, it doesn't mean anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

It is

Universal Church of the Kingdom of God, Pentecostal Christian denomination founded on July 9, 1977 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil by Bishop Edir Macedo.
en.wikipedia.org...

How is that related to the Universal Unitarians?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Having grown up Pentecostal, and being told that Catholics are going to hell, I'm surprised that they chose to go with the "Universal" moniker.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

They're both the same level of crazy?

Ha ha, I kid… I'm here all week, folks

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I started looking into this a couple days ago and anything recent on it in the news is in Portuguese, so someone was probably making a translation, and made a mistake.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
If someone sits in it and starts trying to rule things we should be concerned. Also, if animal sacrifices are allowed but then stopped.

Lol!

I never liked the Old Testament, nor Solomon. From a secular perspective, this guy is evil.

In Jewish texts, he was some kind of a sorcerer commanding a legion of demons.

In the Bible, Solomon's yearly salary is 666 talents of gold.

The Bible is not really a book of truth, it is a book of test. It is testing you if you will find lies in it and avoid those and find the truth and cherish those.

new topics

top topics

join