It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid Wants to Pass Carbon Tax Bill After Midterms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here comes Harry !!

Full steam ahead on a "Carbon Tax" legislation attempt after the November elections.

But wait Harry....

Maybe this wild "announcement" is premature ?

Why say it now when you might get people all riled up and not vote for Democrats ?

We all know the energy rates will "necessarily skyrocket" according to Obama in 2008.

Maybe Harry slipped on this one eh.
maybe a big CO2 burp.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) was asked Monday if Democrats will move a carbon tax bill after the midterm election.

"I sure hope so," he told a "clean energy" conference call.

The reporter asked Reid what would change after the midterm to put carbon tax legislation back on the table:
"Well, I think what's happening in the world," Reid replied. "I mean we have -- as we speak, we have wildfires raging in five or six different states in the west. I mean raging.

Very Dangerous ?

'Sure Hope So': Harry Reid Wants to Pass Carbon Tax Bill After Midterms

Geesh !!

edit on Jul-22-2014 by xuenchen because: CO2

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Brings back memories, I remember Mid Terms when I was in College.

That statement makes about as much sense to the OP as a Carbon tax does for fixing global warming..

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did somebody say ... "TAX"?

Oh yeah, that was ... Harry Reid

US Congress faces Internet tax Catch-22:
Charge Consumers for Access OR Retailers for Sales?

So what’s the big deal?

Push the Internet Tax Freedom Act through and ditch the Marketplace Fairness Act if it doesn’t work, right?

Not possible thanks to one sly Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, who has invoked some rule that has allowed him to bring directly to the floor a new bill that essentially ties the two together.

-
OBSERVATION: Reid for More-Expensive ... Everything.

( including Freedom-o-Expression )

edit on 22-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: Now Harry ... Did you light those "wildfires" ?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Only a progressive would try to tax the air we breathe.

As Reagan once said:

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

history1900s.about.com...

Unfortunately there's no shortage of hot air coming from progressives.

Guess they should tax themselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here in Australia, we just got rid of our carbon tax.

It was bought in by the previous Government after Julia Gillard lied pre-election by specifically stating "there will be no carbon tax under any Government I lead". They got booted out last election and it's been removed as of last week.

In the year that it operated, many large businesses went under. Holden (part of GMH), a car manufacturer here in South Australia went bust after decades of building iconic Australian cars. They were just one that suffered under it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Wildfires raging"
Hmm, how exactly does a carbon tax impact raging wildfires? Oh wait, is he stupid enough to be stating that taxpayers should also pay carbon taxes to offset the massive amount of carbon being released by these wildfires?

I think we should affix a piece of carbon to Harry's ass and then see how many American boot strikes it takes before that piece of carbon buckles under the pressure and becomes a diamond... which of course we can then sell and grant the sale's proceeds over to a carbon offset program. Wash, rinse, repeat, using as many pieces of carbon and as many politican buttocks as needed to make this "carbon debt" whole again.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm sure wild fires have existed long before man new how to light fires, much less knew what fire was!!

Blame the Big Guy upstairs for fires caused by lightning strikes
So much is natural occurrences within Mother Nature & Man has no control over

Yet, lets blame it all on people so we can tax the crap out of them

These politicians, I just don't know
Why on earth do people keep re-electing these self-serving condescending morons???

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
How about reprioritize tax spending into goal oriented alternative energy source grants rather than INCREASING taxes further?

Somehow it always has to be an ADDITIONAL tax rather than the reallocation of current tax monies.

Crooks really make my blood boil...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Best news republicans can hear.

Just like a democrat giving a heads up on how they are going to take more money from our wallets before a election.

And for a global warning tax when many do not believe in global warming.

thanks Harry for the votes.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Could be your all missing the point.

Harry may be rubbing in everyone's face that he knows just how the voting process works ... now a days.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
They are going to hammer us one thing after another. Obamacare's ink isn't even dry and now comes the next economy killer.

I hope this is what every single "climate change" supporter wants because this what you are going to get.

Save the ecology, kill the economy. We are all going to enjoy a cleaner atmosphere starving to death because all the jobs are gone.

Am I a denier, you sure friggin bet. A denier if ignorance, the ignorance that every single "green planeteer" has bought into.

Hook line and sinker, the dems are using the pro crowd as their puppets, and we will all suffer because of it.

The Australians saw through the BS.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i thought carbon nanotubes where usefull ??????????
if we are carbon based life forms is this a tax on life???????????????????????
please answer me my riddle 3..........

top topics

join