It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS: 96% of 45,157 Illegal Alien Children ‘Discharged’ to ‘Sponsor’ in the U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ok here we go.

The "question" about the mass influx of immigrant children is "are they refugees" ?

Seems HHS has somehow classified them as such.

And now, after being declared "healthy", they are now in the population with "sponsors".

More than 43,000 so far released to sponsors and considered "resettled" and around 1/2 are with their parents.

In some cases apparently, the "parents" are also on "illegal" status.

A spokesperson for the Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Administration of Children and Families (ACF) said 96 percent of the 45, 157 unaccompanied alien children who were in the custody of HHS’ Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) have been “discharged” to a “sponsor” in the United States.

Kenneth Wolfe, deputy director for the Office of Public Affairs at ACF, told CNSNews.com on Friday that in 2014 (through the month of June), 96 percent of the 45,157 children -- or 43,341 of them -- who were transferred from the custody of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to the ORR have been placed with sponsors inside the United States, including with family members.

HHS: 96% of 45,157 Illegal Alien Children ‘Discharged’ to ‘Sponsor’ in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I live in a flexible senior community and am looking into whether or not they'll let open my home to foster one or two of these children. I would gladly open up my home.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I live in a flexible senior community and am looking into whether or not they'll let open my home to foster one or two of these children. I would gladly open up my home.

Good for you.

I wish you luck in this social work endeavor.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This is to further develop a class system in the US.

The progressives failed with any division due to race, so they're going with a class division based on citizenship status.

They have to keep us divided.

That's the only way that they can succeed with their "fundamental transformation".

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's an interesting view.

I say you're correct.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Dear windward, This seems to be breaking into a case of communities for or against. The hard core right seems to say that the "government" should offer zero assistance to these refugees. Don't let them off the bus, just ship them back!
Apparently, in 2014 there are no more refugees from Latin America. They say, "We must take care of our own!" And how does the right wing address our domestic problem? They slash food stamps and unemployment benefits.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Yup, and I live just a few miles from Murrietta, where the demonstration turned the busses around. We'll see if my HOA will allow it, (decision next week sometime, I think) and then if I, personally, qualify.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Dear X, Hello again, You have raised the point of refugee status, but I have failed to see what your opinion might be on this matter. Can I perhaps get your opinion on whether some of them are at least deserving of refugee status. I have heard that some of these children have been threatened with death if they do not acquiesce, either for child prostitution, or cartel subservience. Do you claim here and now, that not a single one of them is entitled to due process under U.S. law?

edit on 22-7-2014 by Diderot because: errant "r"

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Auctioned to the highest bidder?

Whole thing seems very odd to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Dear WW, More power to you. What goes around, comes around. We shall be known by our deeds.
You have the wind in your sail.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

This effects ALL parties/people....this is not about only Republicans complaining

I'm Independent as is my brother, my sisters are Dem & our friends are from both parties
Plus others that we have talked to and we are all in agreement that this has gotten waaaaay out of hand

There have been protests from blacks in Chicago [who supported Obama] railing against what is happening with the illegals pouring in and want to know why Obama and the Mayor ignore Chicago's problems yet the gov. seems to be catering to and bending over backwards for the illegals
Even Chicago is fed up! Furious protesters call Obama ‘worst President ever elected’

It makes no sense....we can't even take care of our own and yet, "gee, these poor people have no place to go, wah, wah, wah"
And a lot of people -- on both sides of the isle--are fed up with it!!!!

If those countries are that damn bad, then by gosh the UN needs to step in and do something about it, not send their people to us!!!!!

edit on 22-7-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

If those countries are that damn bad, then by gosh the UN needs to step in and do something about it, not send their people to us!!!!!

I agree with this. I don't understand why Mexico, countries in South America and Canada can't take some of the children too. I mean, the US helped screw up Central America, sure, but we didn't do it alone, and we aren't the only country benefiting financially by using Cental America as a dumping ground.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It makes no sense....we can't even take care of our own and yet, "gee, these poor people have no place to go, wah, wah, wah"
And a lot of people -- on both sides of the isle--are fed up with it!!!!

The illegals have always been on some sort of pedestal above all others. It doesn't matter if our own people are living on the streets and hungry. It doesn't matter that we have children who can't play in their own back yards for fear of getting shot. It only matters that foreigners come first and have their needs met.
It doesn't matter how many times we say it or how we say it and that is sad and unacceptable. To slap our own citizens in the face and cater to illegals all these years is a disgrace. Our people MATTER and a lot more people are getting outraged at the overwhelming numbers of illegals through the years.

They say all these new kids are seeking asylum. They were told to say they are refugees! They are not just children! There are teens on the verge of adulthood, men and women. More and more people are becoming aware and are not putting up with this anymore. There have been peaceful protests all across the USA this past weekend and are planning more in August.

I hate violence with a passion, but people have reached their level of tolerance. What do the pro illegals think will happen next? These peaceful protests have stopped nothing. There is already talk all over the place of people wanting to be armed and doing harm. I don't want to see it come to that. This whole thing is a nightmare!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

There were reports previously in an earlier thread of families being offered up to $6k a month, tax-free to take them into their homes.

Link - Published July 10th

Murrieta, CA- An ad in the local Penny Saver in Murrieta, California caught the attention of residents today. The ad, which was put up by the Crittenton Services and Foster Family Agency or (FFA) claims to be looking for families who will help provide homes for foster children as well as for “unaccompanied refugee minors”.

[...] found that for those willing to a take in a child under the age of 16, you can receive up to $854.00 tax free per month. For those taking in a child over 16, the total is $1,008.00 per month in reimbursement. If you have a 5 bedroom house and can take in as many as 6 children, you can receive reimbursement of up to $6,054.00 per month tax free.

We were told that for normal foster services, the reimbursement is provided by a series of state and local grants but in the case of the “unaccompanied refugee minors”, 100% of the reimbursement will come from the federal government.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Dear Snarky (and I admit that you weren't being very snarky in this reply.)
Your point is well taken, but I would ask you to consider our options. Obama has already returned a planeload of Hondurans, and he has warned others that they will most probably be sent back. At this point I would ask you what should be done. What is your understanding of due process of law? Are not any of these immigrants/refugees entitled to refugee status? Are thy not entitled to judicial review? To me, this is a major test of whether or not the US can continue calling itself exceptional.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

The illegals have always been on some sort of pedestal above all others. It doesn't matter if our own people are living on the streets and hungry. It doesn't matter that we have children who can't play in their own back yards for fear of getting shot. It only matters that foreigners come first and have their needs met.

I see the same sort of talk from people about other groups too:

"Muslims have an elevated status"
"Gays get special treatment"
"If you say anything about a black person, you'll get called a racist"

and so on and so forth. This is the new conservative persecution complex. There's nothing quite as ironic as the least discriminated against people, in the richest nation on Earth, playing the victim.

I hate violence with a passion, but people have reached their level of tolerance. What do the pro illegals think will happen next? These peaceful protests have stopped nothing.

So you hate violence but you're beating the, "if we don't get our way, people are going to get hurt" drum? There are laws that dictate what has to be done in terms of processing unaccompanied minors who come into America illegally. You can read them here.
edit on 2014-7-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There's nothing quite as ironic as the least discriminated against people, in the richest nation on Earth, playing the victim.

So people living on the streets and in tent cities living in the 'richest' Nation in the world are getting what kind of help? Children going to bed hungry in the richest Nation in the world....how rich are they? How rich are the elderly choosing between food and medicine? How 'rich' can we be when we are trillions of dollars in debt?????

As for discrimination, ask the millions of unemployed why jobs are held by illegals instead of them. Ask a citizen why in some cases are they required to speak spanish in their own Country to get a job that has nothing to do with international business or being a translator.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic

originally posted by: Char-Lee

There were reports previously in an earlier thread of families being offered up to $6k a month, tax-free to take them into their homes.

Link - Published July 10th

Murrieta, CA- An ad in the local Penny Saver in Murrieta, California caught the attention of residents today. The ad, which was put up by the Crittenton Services and Foster Family Agency or (FFA) claims to be looking for families who will help provide homes for foster children as well as for “unaccompanied refugee minors”.

[...] found that for those willing to a take in a child under the age of 16, you can receive up to $854.00 tax free per month. For those taking in a child over 16, the total is $1,008.00 per month in reimbursement. If you have a 5 bedroom house and can take in as many as 6 children, you can receive reimbursement of up to $6,054.00 per month tax free.

We were told that for normal foster services, the reimbursement is provided by a series of state and local grants but in the case of the “unaccompanied refugee minors”, 100% of the reimbursement will come from the federal government.

In other words Clouds, 100% of the reimbursement will be funny money
from an already out of control printing press-- for people, most of who
are males that don't even qualify as children. This, and 60,000 or so I.A.
FELONS getting let out hooo. Coming to even a suburb near you.

Not that anything will be done about it, because when you log out and
look out the window, only about 12% of them know anything about this.

PS "Don't forget to first-scan that EBT card before you leave.
But it's ok we know where you all are every second."
(MORE free money, and your grandkids might not even make the party,
much less pay this off.) Tinfoils off to the average Amerikan voter.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So you hate violence but you're beating the, "if we don't get our way, people are going to get hurt" drum?[

I fear that some people may turn to violence. I am not one of them.

These illegals will get their hearings, but most don't show up for those hearings.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Night Star

I see the same sort of talk from people about other groups too:

and so on and so forth. This is the new conservative persecution complex. There's nothing quite as ironic as the least discriminated against people, in the richest nation on Earth, playing the victim.

I hate violence with a passion, but people have reached their level of tolerance. What do the pro illegals think will happen next? These peaceful protests have stopped nothing.

So you hate violence but you're beating the, "if we don't get our way, people are going to get hurt" drum? There are laws that dictate what has to be done in terms of processing unaccompanied minors who come into America illegally. You can read them here.

AGAIN..

Read the Protocols again, you missed something important. There'll
be a White History Month after the whites are all history. Whom said
it is unknown to me--
but I think he was referring to just the white goyim .

edit on 22-7-2014 by derfreebie because: Some of the most abhorrent racism is government sponsored

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join