It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

0.8% of American girls claim virgin births, study shows!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

In first-century Jerusalem, the percentage was much higher, because you might get stoned to death.

That and apparently, in those days, they were still scared that women could get knocked up by the angels, who couldn't resist a woman's hair. LOL

Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
1 Corinthians 11

Pesky angles!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This has many explanations some humorous and some dark. As some people have previously mentioned sperm can swim up in there although this is rare. There can be those who simply lie for posterity protecting their image or are in fear and then there are those who lie for attention. There are some religious things that come into play. i do recall seeing something on tv before about a recent Christian thing where they do virginity restoring through baptism. Now on to darker implications. These girls could have been drugged and raped.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Denial is a powerful thing.

This is a very difficult thought process to get out into text...it might make some sense at the end, it might not. Oh well.

If I read this article correctly the 0.8% figure comes from the females making these claims themselves, and not from medical examination. What this says to me, outside of the few cases that may genuinely believe they were virgins (i.e. the victims of date rape or other atrocious happenings), is that too many of these girls/women were in the "Oh no, what is so and so going to think of me?" mindset.

It is very possible, and more common than you may think, to "brainwash" yourself by thought and thought alone, and this process becomes easier with significant mental anguish/trauma. Just like a child who is abused will block out memories, the opposite is also possible. The same child could instead replace the memories with something different.

It's always been present in society, the need to feel accepted by others. Humans are a social animal, and sometimes our thought processes reflect that in drastic fashion.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

You cant medically prove someone is a virgin with certainty in all cases. Many girls hymens are broken from non sexual activies. There are also some who never had one to begin with or have one with a hole just large enough its possible to have sex without it breaking.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I wonder if the logical successor to virgin births will be "I got pregnant over the internet?"

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Oops i seem to have forgotten one more possability. Artificial insemination. Its not unheard of for someone to care more about getting to have a child than they about a relationship or sex.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: hydeman11
a reply to: rickymouse

Howdy,

The name of the phenomenon is parthenogenesis.

en.wikipedia.org...

Never observed in humans, easily tested by DNA test... And of course, as has been stated elsewhere, only viable in the case of females giving birth to females.

Regards,
Hydeman

Thanks for looking it up. As stated, "it has never been observed in humans". That does not say it can't happen, only that it has not been observed. It is still possible, but always does create females as you stated. Now was Jesus really a man?

As of now, it doesn't happen in humans. A genetic mutation would have to occur for that to happen in humans. In other words, the odds of it happening to a human are VASTLY lower than 0.8% and this idea shouldn't even come into play when considering the implications of this study.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Thats not a virgin birth
Semen still entered her.

No penetration means she's still a virgin.
Heavy petting with semen around ... pregnancy can happen.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Isn't it possible that some of these girls had no idea about what the mechanism that causes pregnancy is?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beartracker16
Isn't it possible that some of these girls had no idea about what the mechanism that causes pregnancy is?

Quite possibly.

About 28 percent of the "virgin" mothers' parents (who were also interviewed) indicated they didn't have enough knowledge to discuss sex and contraception with their daughters...

...The ostensibly chaste mothers were also less likely to know how to use condoms, according to the report

However, I think the alcohol hypothesis several people have mentioned is also a likely candidate in many cases

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed
This really belongs in the "You can't make this #### up" forum, but it loosely fits in here!

Nearly 1 percent of young women in a U.S. study who have become pregnant claim to have done so as virgins, according to a report in the Christmas edition of Britain's BMJ medical journal.

The authors of "Like a virgin (mother)" - whose prose is devoid of irony - say such scientifically impossible claims show researchers must use care in interpreting self-reported behavior. Fallible memory, beliefs and wishes can cause people to err in what they tell scientists.

source

Now, one could insert religious overtones and such, but I don't think that's really the case here. I mean, seriously, who do they think they're kidding? lol

Great title for a scientific paper though!

Denial ain't a river in Egypt and is a powerful thing. I would imagine that most of them simply don't want to admit what they did for various reasons, but I'd suggest that a percentage of them certainly do believe they were virgins.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beartracker16

In the 21st century? With all the information on the internet, mass media, TV, movies, and in school? Unlikely unless they live far off in the mountains or something.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Its only ever been recorded to have happened in animals never a human.

If it ever happened your looking at 1 in a billion or likley more.

Yep. Glad we have a PhD biologist type on the site. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
I know somebody who had a virgin birth - my sister! Her hymen was intact and she was pregnant.

She was doing a lot of heavy petting with the boy across the street and he ejaculated.

Apparently hymen's are not water tight.
Some semen got in there and she got pregnant.

My mother worked in the medical profession for 30 years and she told me the whole thing. My sister still doesn't know I know this about her

HE ejaculated form across the street? That's a mightly splooge!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Unlikely unless they live far off in the mountains or something.

Yeah, something. Something like a home-school, where a child has no TV, or internet access that isn't tightly censored, or access to any books except the bible and ACE curriculum.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: NavyDoc

Unlikely unless they live far off in the mountains or something.

Yeah, something. Something like a home-school, where a child has no TV, or internet access that isn't tightly censored, or access to any books except the bible and ACE curriculum.

Or friends or peers or no outside connection. It doesn't have to be a Christian problem, either, there are non-religious people who are negligent and/or abusive of their children. You don't have to make it a religious bashing thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
a reply to: crazyewok

She was a virgin. Her hymen was intact.

Wikipedia: VIRGINITY

Some cultures require proof of a bride's virginity before her marriage. This has traditionally been tested by the presence of an intact hymen, which was verified by either a physical examination (usually by a physician, who provided a certificate of virginity) or by a "proof of blood," which refers to vaginal bleeding that results from the tearing of the hymen after the first sanctioned sexual contact.[33][34][35] In some cultures, the nuptial blood-spotted bed sheet would be displayed as proof of both consummation of marriage and that the bride was a virgin.[34][35]

Thats still miles from a Virgin birth or immaculate conception. A males sperm still entered and the child still has a father and mother.

Semen still entered the virgins and still travelled up the reproductive system.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I keep thinking of more possabilities. What if some of these girls dont even know what sex is? Even though there sex education programs in schools some are homeschooled or their parents pull them out of school during health programs. I was shocked when I found a 14 year old girl online who did not know what sex was from her dad not allowing her to know and no one in school would tell her since theyd laugh when I told her what it was she was shocked because shes already done it a lot. Unfortunately my connection cut so I was not able to find out if she was being abused by her father or if it was just simply someone taking advantage of her.
edit on 23-7-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Its only ever been recorded to have happened in animals never a human.

If it ever happened your looking at 1 in a billion or likley more.

So say one in a billion is possible. That means there could be seven Messiahs on earth right now?
They sure aren't fixing this place.

There could be seven Messiahs just in the US, as this is a US study?

So, there could be more on Earth if it's happening in other countries too.

Good luck to Old Nick, he will have his work cut out taking on a gang of Jesuses.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

There are so many misconceptions about the hymen that float around, this quick video will help those who are unsure of exactly what virginity is.

edit on 23-7-2014 by smilesmcgee because: Embedding not working

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join