It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever notice how UFO's change with time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Is it me or in looking at pictures of Ufo's through the years they seem to modernize somewhat.

Pictures of the 1950"s seem more dome and rounder
1970's are sleeker
1990's even sleeker
and now they appear super modern- Sort of like late model cars.

I'm not talking about paingtings.. i'm talking about the ones photographed through the years.

Anyone notice?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have noticed, somewhat. It could be military. Most pictures are fake though.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
IMO, this is not the case. Looking at nuforc.org's UFO report database, flying disk type is still incredibly high on the list of types seen and reported on. The only true change appears to be the increasing amount of triangles sighted over the years.

Even before 1947, with the appearance of Foo Fighters in WWII, these UFOs were apparently mostly seen as small balls of light, which also are a large portion of sightings today. Balls of light seem to be the most advanced type of these objects. Since they sport very little physical shape or size when compared to larger bulky metallic vehicles.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well it makes sense in a way. UFO�s are just technology and all civilizations advance their technology over time. Aliens would be no different. Aliens coming to Earth today aren't going to be riding in the 1940's version of a UFO. If aliens are visiting earth enough they might even upgrade UFOs for the sole purpose of flying in Earth�s environment. I'm not even using the computer that I bought just 2 years ago. It's outdated.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Most UFO' photographs are fake, or too unclear, to state that UFO's are changing. However, what is changing over time, is the quality of photographs, photographing technology, and man-made aerial vehicles.

The UFO's still have the same characteristics, shape and form, as they did since time immemorial.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
To be honest its fashion! Come on, we buy newer advanced bird pulling cars so why cant Aliens have the latest Supercharged UFO to pull the Green Mysterious Senorita.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yes I have noticed but like someone else said most of the sightings are still discs and balls. I would say the newer designs you are talking about ie. triangles are almost certainly military.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well, the disks i've seen thru the years get sleeker..

Sort of like a vw bug and a ferrari... I just think its strange that ET's would have our sense of fashion and time.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think that the original disk are really from somewhere else, and the other stuff, like triangles, ect. are military. My opinion.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Untrue. What has changed is the focus.

For your information, flying triangles are not new, they have been reported since UFOs were reported. Looking through project blue book files, old NICAP reports, shows that tringle ufos have been reported.

And this long before stealth bombers and delta craft were an itch in some scinetists pants.

The triangles spotted so much are not military, not most of them anyway.

Because the military would not test top secret tech over heavily populated areas where every goon, spy, spook, and their hamsters can see, photograph, and observe them. Top secret cutting edge tech would be flown and tested in places where few people would see them.

Plus, current ufos display operating mechanisms that are above our current scientific knowldge. Like, they defy gravity, a force we have yet to fully understand, let alone harness, despite the intense research into anti grav.

top topics

join