It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians are polite? Yeah right! Try Canadians are rude!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Don't let that one woman from Quebec ruin Canada for you. Most of us Canadians are very polite.
You always hear "excuse me" if a Canadian bumps into a person, even if it wasn't their fault.

Forget Ontario, come to B.C!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The Quebecois (as they like to call themselves) are a touchy subject here in Canada...

Hell, they even have their own tax system in that province compared to the rest of the country.

Why ? Because they're just that special.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Canadians are not accurately represented by anyone from Quebec,it is a dirty little Canadian secret that we have a legacy of snobbery surviving in Quebec, there is this old issue of a sepreratist attitude and legislation backing it up which is in todays world no longer societally or legally acceptable.

I have travelled coast to coast in Canada many times and never enjoyed the Quebec attitude of elitism that cannot be ignored, the people are wonderfull and so is the City and province,however the elitist attitude which unless cured by ending the seperatist dynamic will keep canada from being as strong as it could be .

You simply got a dose of Quebec, someone who was polite a and politiclly correct only until they were in the drivers seat at which point they completely ignored everyone else around them,a Canadian would have politely interuppted her and told her that she was taking it over the line and wasnt given the right away in the lineup to extend her visit by complaining about something.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
come to B.C!!!

I was there for the 70's.
Campbell River. Fun, rough town.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
To the ROC: It's funy how quebecois can read english. I hope you had your fun bashing on us, just to prove the american fellow right.

To calstorm: You just felt on a stupid tourist, we have some of them. They go in Florida every winter! I will be kind with one of your stupid tourist to compensate
. I am a french Canadien, and, the trick cayrichard gave you is true. Many people here feel squished by the english Canada, so juste say "Bonjour" and they will feel better. Many quebecois speak english and they will speak to you in english, but forcing them speaking in english will irritate them. It's like a french guy comming in your home town and telling that youre stupide because you dont speak french... And as I told, many quebecois feel threatened by english.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Spationaute because: missing a "a" and a "m"

edit on 22-7-2014 by Spationaute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Spationaute

Bash, bam, ZING! Is that what you were expecting? Not today. English Canada doesn't have a problem with French Canada because, guess, what? IT"S ALL CANADA!!!!! French in NS, NB, NFLD, PEI ONT, Man, should I go on? It's the entitlement attitude of SOME Quebeckers that paint it badly for many more. French in Canada will always be. Even the Quebeckers feel that now. Separatism is at an all time low. The demographic of those in favor of separatism? 45 and up. Guess what's going to happen to those people inside of 30 years?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Bash, bam, ZING! Is that what you were expecting? Not today. English Canada doesn't have a problem with French Canada because, guess, what? IT"S ALL CANADA!!!!! French in NS, NB, NFLD, PEI ONT, Man, should I go on? It's the entitlement attitude of SOME Quebeckers that paint it badly for many more. French in Canada will always be. Even the Quebeckers feel that now. Separatism is at an all time low. The demographic of those in favor of separatism? 45 and up. Guess what's going to happen to those people inside of 30 years?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Go on intrepid, continue, everything you said is true. The quebec will never get away from Canada, and some french Canadien exist in other province. I didn't say you had problem with us, I just explained people reaction here.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

That is true. We do have different cultures. Like say our swear words. To you they are "M'eh". And the same for us. Your swears come from the Church. See man? Your culture isn't going anywhere. MY CANADA INCLUDES QUEBEC!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

come to B.C!!!

Never been there myself. I love the Kootenays, now that's beauty

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It's rater kind of you intrepid... I know your not the only one to think like that. It's why I restrain myself to react to much to some comment I've seen here. Understand, everyone was pointing the fact the girl was from Quebec as if stupid touriste from the rest of the country cannot exist... It's hurted a little bit my pride

a reply to: intrepid

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I like Quebec

edit on 23-7-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

come to B.C!!!

Yeah! Campbell River in in the 80's early nineties too. Glad I survived

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
She was from Quebec?

Enough said.

I'm sorry for your bad experience btw.
I've had some bad experiences with people from Quebec.
I'm from Ontario. We make fun of them, they make fun of us....
Great rant though.

edit on 23/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Is this a joke, i am quebecois and i find it pretty classless of people on ats to bash all quebecois because of a dumb woman, i dont go around calling americans special kind of smart, or anglophones stuck up twats.
edit on 23-7-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
i find it pretty classless of people on ats to bash all quebecois because of a dumb woman,

1 - You should probably edit out that 't' word.
2 - Quebec didn't get the reputation it has today simply because of one woman.
The 'attitude' is endemic to older Quebec.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Canadians.

(AKA Those-That-Have-Round-Bacon)

Common sense would tell us that they are no more polite or arrogant than any other people on the planet.

But I am unfettered by the constraint of common sense.

Canadians are strange. They play games on frozen water with sticks. They say, "Aboot" all the time. They end every sentence with the word, "Eh". Their bacon is wrong and have a strong affection towards the cold weather and maple syrup.

Subsequently, the only possible logical conclusion that I can come to, is that they are aliens.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Oh beezzer.
We are your evil over-lords, you just don't realize it.

While the world believes we live in igloos and ride caribou to the trading station, we are actually "please" and "thank-youing" our way towards world domination.

Bonjour. Quebec folks are more European...chic and rather abrupt, lol.

Okay, so we now have 3 rotten Canadians...the lady from the OP, Justin Bieber and Rob Ford.
Luckily, we also have Rush...so that 3 cancels out the bad 3.

au revoir, eh?
jacy

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
"woman from Quebec..."

Now I understand.

Not rude, just Quebecois lol

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Canadians.

(AKA Those-That-Have-Round-Bacon)

Common sense would tell us that they are no more polite or arrogant than any other people on the planet.

But I am unfettered by the constraint of common sense.

Canadians are strange. They play games on frozen water with sticks. They say, "Aboot" all the time. They end every sentence with the word, "Eh". Their bacon is wrong and have a strong affection towards the cold weather and maple syrup.

Subsequently, the only possible logical conclusion that I can come to, is that they are aliens.

I never said we aren't strange, eh. lol

You forgot to mention our great beer.

Ps: I love that alien guy, his hair seems to have a life of its own.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join