It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians are polite? Yeah right! Try Canadians are rude!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok, now that I have your attention, it really is just one Canadian but this really irritated the daylights out of me.

I was at the gas station. I am getting gas and picking up a few things. Since they don't have baskets my hands are full. I am waiting inline and dropping things on the ground, when woman from Quebec comes in the store and asks, "Do you mind ? I just need to hand him (cashier) this." I am thinking of course, that would only take a second. and it would be rude to say no since she is just handing the cashier her card.

That would have been all fine had that been what she actually planned to do. Nope, she cut in front of me to complain for 10 minutes about the fact that $25 didn't fill up her R.V. WTF!? Now, I have a hard time believing that someone from Canada would think that the exchange rate and price of gas would be so different that it would only cost $25 to fill up a R.V. But given our location, you had to have filled up in the U.S. at least once if you came here from the nearest border crossing.

But I am standing there, dropping things after she tricked me into cutting in-line in front of me. So she could fight with the cashier over this. That is what really bugs me. It is the trick she used to cut in line. Yes,I made a scene, I was insulted and that was just plain rude. You don't tell someone "I just need to hand him this" and then precede to to get into a 10 minute debate while someone who had been waiting inline for a while and keeps dropping things, while you lean over the counter so they can't even put some of their stuff down, and then act all shocked when the person gets made and says "This is B.S."

If you hadn't lied about their reason for cutting in front of me, and if it wasn't so obvious that my hands were full and I was struggling to hold everything and dropped things several times, I wouldn't be so annoyed.

Ok I feel better now. I just had to get that off of my chest. Sorry to all you Canadians who aren't actually rude.
edit on 22-7-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm
Dear Calstorm - please accept my apologies on behalf of my ignorant country-woman.

Very rude and selfish.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
when woman from Quebec comes in the store ....

OOOOOH ... Quebec. That's different from 'normal' Canada.
Been there. Dealt with that.
Yes ... they are a snotty bunch up in Quebec.
Don't ever give a Quebec cop an excuse ... seriously ... don't even go through a yellow light.
They'll try to railroad Americans every time.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Sorry from a fellow Canuck.
Sometimes the Quebecistan people can be rude and its like that here as well in our country of Canada.

We love everybody(except the Quebecistan people)....we can just be poopyheads sometimes like everyone else.
The french can be rude sometimes if you don't speak french but I don't think this is what thats about....you just had a moron.
Sorry for that.

edit on 22-7-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ontario is VERY different from Quebec. Quebec is full of snotty people with French accents. The people I've met in Ontario are the nicest you could possibly meet. All polite. All smiling. All happy. Seriously ... what the heck do they put in the water up there? Must be all that fresh air and all those hockey games. They get their pent up anger out by yelling at the hockey games that are on TV or something. Ontario folks .. nicest bunch.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Ha, ha - Flyers Fan. I typed in several attempts at saying same thing but had to delete as I didn't want to stir the pot. But it's true. I work with a number of ex-Quebecers and it's interesting to hear their take on their former fellow-man: they see them in new eyes and moan about how rude they are and how they don't have any manners or patience. That said they are absolutely lovely people once you get to know them.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Awww you guys are sweet. Thank you. Interesting to hear your opinions on Quebec. I am definitely going to have to visit Ontario one day!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Sorry from a fellow Canuck.
Sometimes the Quebecistan people can be rude and its like that here as well in our country of Canada.

We love everybody(except the Quebecistan people)....we can just be poopyheads sometimes like everyone else.
The french can be rude sometimes if you don't speak french but I don't think this is what thats about....you just had a moron.
Sorry for that.
QUEBECISTAN! Ah ha ha ha!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Take off hoser, them Canucks are some fine folks.
Without them we would have no Bill Shatner or premium maple syrup.
I prefer US bacon though.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that. I apologize on behalf of real Canada.

How do you get a Canadian to say sorry?

Step on his foot....

***I really wish Quebec would succeed in secedding...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well that is good that you got it out and now feel better . You did say she was from Quebec so I do have to tell you that they (Quebecers) can be a paint to other Canadians as well . Sorry you had to endure such a thing and please forgive the rest of the country and keep that in mind tha Quebec is a special place and needs to be handled with kid gloves . :>) a reply to: calstorm

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ArcticLights

I really wish they would as well....after that i wish my country would invade them and take it over and call it Canada part two just to add insult to injury because they are so snooty and unappreciative...I have no idea what their problem is...other than English people.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry from this Canadian. Apologies. Some people are clueless/rude,

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Canadians love to project the image that they are different and much more tolerant than the "ugly American". My first reaction, is that with the mass immigration that Canada experienced since the 1980's, what really is a Canadian? I am a Canadian but woke up and got out. Canadians are simply a naive version of the American. They are not some homogeneous mass of humanity exuding generosity and kindness. They are like everywhere else, a mix of good and bad. Any Canadian who casts himself as exceptional and superior to Americans is delusional. People like to cast Americans in a dim light because their government, which has hijacked their country, is projecting its power in an extremely dangerous and unhealthy manner. Americans have lost many of their civil liberties and so too have Canadians, even more so, with their new hate law that has seriously curtailed freedom of speech.
Canadians have not gone through the housing haircut experienced by the United States, but real estate prices are at perilous levels and will soon reset, impoverishing a big swath of smug Canadians who believe they are better.
As an anglo who lived in Quebec for many years, the French Canadian culture is different. It is my experience, if you make an effort to use French in Quebec you will be treated with respect. An anglo in Quebec receives more respect than a Quebecois in Ontario. I have been in a work environment in both Ontario and Quebec where it was in a management interfacing with union members. In Ontario I was an equal but was treated with hostility and animosity. In Quebec , I worked in areas where my French was so so but was treated with total respect. I understand that I am generalizing and other folks may have differing experiences. Just treat others the way you would like to be treated and maybe, and 90% of the time they will treat you the same way. USA, Ontario, Quebec it is all the same. For those of you who believe the political rhetoric that Canada is the greatest country in the world, travel and look around you. You might be surprised.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
After reading everyone's reply's I am sort of feeling guilty now for referring to her as Canadian. You all are awesome.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Do you want me to tell you about my adventure in Three Rivers? So frickin bad I won't call it by it's French name anymore. And that was 16 years ago.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
...and please forgive the rest of the country and keep that in mind tha Quebec is a special place and needs to be handled with kid gloves . :>) a reply to: calstorm

Why? This crap has to come to an end. And I think the new generation of Quebeckers are getting it. Part of Canada. Not a teetsucker of the country because of "privilege".

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am not sure I could define the why to anyone's understanding . I think the blur in the picture of what Canada is goes back to a time when the French and the English decided to make a deal over land that neither owned and said hey . We can sell this ruse to many many people and convince them that the fiat money we will create with our reserve banking system is the way to go . Quebec is special because the people that run this country say they are . They also lead us to believe that the Bank of Canada belongs to Canada and the money they create is Canadian . Well it is in that Canada is not a real country but is a Crown Corporation . a reply to: intrepid

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Actually,I would love to hear your experience.
Call me stupid but it sounds like it wasn't a positive one.

I am thinking you might of got treated like crap for not having good french or any french at all.
Am I right or am I wrong?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

calstrom, i'm incredibly sorry this happened to you. Please know that deep down every Canadian hates Quebec, sincerely,

every other canadian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join