It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam and quran says to go to war with non Muslims, will there ever be peace ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Yawn. More religion bashing using completely out-of-context scripture quotes. This tactic is old and tired.

Anyway. I've been studying up on Islam as of late, and I'm starting to question if it's anything like what I've (we've, non-Muslims) been led to believe.

The Western Propaganda Machine is a powerful tool indeed.

thats exactly what happen to me .

Born and raised a christan raised to hate islam and muslims , heard it all....

decided to study the religion ...

first thing I relized 99.9% of what I had heard and read only was complete hogwash or mistranslated.

long story short the major problem in islam is people adding innovation to scripture . Extremist do this and non muslims.

Oh and I am a happy , humble, muslim now .

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
a reply to: Spacespider

As a Muslim ill tell you this is completely misquoted , firstly where are you sourcing your information?
Please provide links.

Then ill refute everything you have posted.

No, then you need to read your bible again
I provide the passage numbers, looks it up.
I speak arabic myself.. So I guarantee its correct

if you copy and paste information on ATS you have to provide the link.
your information is copy and pasted. Now provide a link.

I don't care if you speak arabic that means nothing! Extremists speak arabic to yet they misunderstand ,twist verse and add innovation. Whats your point?

No I have not twisted anything, the ones that are "twisting" things are the one that preach it... They kill in Allāh´s name, as the qur'anic tells them to, but when someone question the qur'anic motives they are being told they are the ones twisting things..
A peaceful religion ??

Its obvious to me at this point that A, you have no idea what your talking about.
B, your taking information from some anti islamic website, probly anseringislam.org.
and C. Stop bouncing around my question and provide links to your copy and pasted information.

Howmany times do I have to ask?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I call nonsense, I have muslim friends, not one of them has declared war on me yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Your opinion is contrary to the truth.

Read up on the eras of the first four caliphs of Islam. (I think approx. 470-550)

Most of these ayas are incomplete.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Doesn't quite matter which camp the extremists lay in.

The OP is specifically citing the Koran. What does Deuteronomy have to do with it? If you're implying that the Christian bible is as equally violent, say so. You don't hear about people getting stoned to death so at least those extremes can be overcome. Although, I do known some Christians that like to get stoned

I did say so and you quoted it.

"Doesn't quite matter which camp the extremists lay in."

That was me saying so. Duh.

Sometimes I'm quite sure I am not from this planet.
edit on 7/22/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Here is the site you got all that from:

www.nairaland.com...

When quoting, even if quoting yourself, you have to provide the link per ATS terms and conditions. You also must place quote tags around quoted material.

Now, since you got this - very badly translated - from elsewhere, perhaps you should seek your answers there.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

originally posted by: ArtemisE

originally posted by: FlyersFan
No matter the religion .... as long as ANYONE adheres to bronze age religious fanaticism, there will not be peace on Earth.

Agreed. Christians always seem to forget that during there "jihad" (Armageddon) they get to kill all the nonbelievers too. Truth is Christians don't actually believe what they Chaim to and that's the only difference......

Oh forgot about the snake handlers and monsters who watch their kid die while attempting faith healing...those idiot really do believe.

Christians dont get to kill anybody.........what do you mean?

During Armageddon the Christians will fight a holy war against the unbelievers led by the anti-Christ. There are plenty of Christians who believe the end times are here. They are just missing a false messiah to tell them to start killing. Look at the early Mormons...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Nice propaganda there bub.
If you are truly an atheist then why would you possibly not be quoting all of the "holy" books?
There are all sorts of horrors in the other books.
One religious cult even claims to be the master race!
Religion, one of the most deadly tools in the arsenal.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
read this link.... now that the Caliphate is real time... the horror can begin

www.rightsidenews.com...

up to the Caliph & Caliphate all the 20K atrocities done by Muslims worldwide were just personal Jihad in response to injustices done to the Islamists by the dominate non-Muslim nations on the Planet

think Jihad was bad since 2001.... just imagine the future now they have a Caliph than can declare Jihad and order all 1 billion Muslims worldwide to wear suicide vests

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I won't comment on the Quran quotes, since it is stupid to consider them evidence.
If you read the Old Testament, it tells you basically the same stuff (violence, praying to false gods should be punished etc.).... plus killing all the first borns in Egypt etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Deuteronomy 17 New International Version (NIV)

17 Do not sacrifice to the Lord your God an ox or a sheep that has any defect or flaw in it, for that would be detestable to him.

2 If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the Lord gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God in violation of his covenant, 3 and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky, 4 and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, 5 take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death. 6 On the testimony of two or three witnesses a person is to be put to death, but no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness. 7 The hands of the witnesses must be the first in putting that person to death, and then the hands of all the people. You must purge the evil from among you.

Doesn't quite matter which camp the extremists lay in.

I was about to post that same verse in Deuteronomy.

It's true. The difference is that Christianity is older and has already played out its extremist crusader Jihad stage (for the most part) and Islam is still very young.

People forget this and think that Islam is inherently more violent than Christianity but Christianity was every bit as violent. You can see this in the majority of Muslims who are perfectly content living side-by-side with other religions.

Extremists, man. They suck no matter who they pray to or prey on.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

A caliphate is completely different from what you've just posted.

A caliph is simply the "president" of a caliphate, which could be considered a type of government.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
If you are truly an atheist then why would you possibly not be quoting all of the "holy" books?

Religion, one of the most deadly tools in the arsenal, we can agree on that one.
But the Islamic religion consist of 23.2% of the world population I see that as a major problem to world peace.
And they are growing in number faster then any other religion, I would hate to see such a aggressive religion on top.
They would not allow any other religion then Islamic religion. We need to have balance.

Size of
major religious groups, 2012
Religion Percent
Christianity 31.5%
Islam 23.2%
Unaffiliated 16.3%
Hinduism 15.0%
Buddhism 7.1%
Folk religions 5.9%
Other 0.8%
Pew Research Center, 2012[1

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs
I won't comment on the Quran quotes, since it is stupid to consider them evidence.
If you read the Old Testament, it tells you basically the same stuff (violence, praying to false gods should be punished etc.).... plus killing all the first borns in Egypt etc.

But the Muslims are still preaching it.. Christians do not preach to kill all Muslims and Jews.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Proven many times before. Islam has lived peacefully beside many religions, only to be massacred by the same people they had shown kindness, peace and equality to before. (Muslim Spain)

Most acts of terror aren't even committed by Muslims, I will find a link.

www.loonwatch.com...

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.alternet.org...

theamericanmuslim.org...

Hope that's enough.

edit on 22/7/2014 by ExperimentationTheory because: Added links

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It takes a huge leap into insanity to worship and believe in a religion that believes an all knowing intelligent creator of the universe would want its believers to murder and kill anything. Or even that such a powerful being would require worship at all. Of course I think you have to take this leap to believe in any modern religion but not all promote death and murder as Islam does. To have peace Islam must die. I believe in that.

People made this stuff up folks. People barely out of caves made this stuff up. Wake up. I cannot tell you if there is a creator being or not but I can tell you ALL man made religion is essentially the same as belief in Santa Clause. There I said it I have let you off the hook like mom and dad did at some point with Santa Clause. Now go be good humans.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

But the Islamic religion consist of 23.2% of the world population I see that as a major problem to world peace.

Why? None of the Muslim nations were a problem to world peace until the western nations started overthrowing their governments and invading their nations for no reason. The western nations are a far bigger threat to world peace than Muslim nations. There is around 1.6 billion Muslims on this planet if they were as big a threat as you claim then this planet would be in the middle of WW3 right now. Go and do some research and you will see that Muslim extremist didn't start killing people until the West became a threat to them.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

Maybe cause the Pope aint launching missiles into Italy from the Vatican?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

How did people living in caves make things up that we never knew until the past century or so?

Fetuses and humans are an example.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Some times i cannot help but think that ATS would be a much nicer place if we left all discussion of religion at the door.

You cannot expect to write a thread like this without it being horribly offensive to what is probably quite a sizeable group of ATS membership. Threads like these lets face it only exist to stir up some religiously fuelled arguments, you could not really expect to turn round and say your religion is evil without expecting some kind of backlash.

And then so it stars the horrible back and fourth of is islam evil or not argument that has probably been had on ATS just as much as the "is abortion murder" argument or "is this racist...." arguments.

I find it really quite sad that there are people in this world who try to argue that the religion followed by over a billion people is inherently evil because of a few cherry picked quotes and the actions of a minority of their membership.

But hey that's just me, its my opinion, I am entitled with it just as much as you are to disagree with me

Like i said though, these kind of threads cause so much hate and anger between fellow members, in a community that is supposed to be all about manners and decorum to facilitate and encourage constructive debate on social issues and conspiracies that I think they should be left at the door. I find it so infuriating sometimes when i see threads like this started because i see them time and time again and they always end up with getting good members post banned, mods having to wade and not to mention all the people that must read them and be fuming with rage when they read them.

Really once again, how many "Islam is evil" threads do we really need?

edit on 22-7-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join