It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation as to Why I Cannot get on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, I can get on ATS via iPad so I know at least the site is okay. I'm not going to lie, I'd considered that my IP was being kept from ATS or that something was wrong with the site lol.

I digress. So, starting yesterday, when I opened Firefox browser I immediately get a message saying my homepage (Google search) is not a trusted site. The same thing happens when I try to do any searches up in the task bar. And when I type ATS in the address bar nothing happens at all--it just sits there loading. Any other websites I can get to fine.

Does anyone know what my problem might be? And as far as Google search goes, I'm not currently comfortable using the "make an exception" option for my home screen issue because I don't know what, if anything, is wrong. Maybe something is just outdated or maybe there is a bigger issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: awakendhybrid

Maybe some malware. Scan for viruses.
edit on 22-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: awakendhybrid
Well, I can get on ATS via iPad so I know at least the site is okay. I'm not going to lie, I'd considered that my IP was being kept from ATS or that something was wrong with the site lol.

I digress. So, starting yesterday, when I opened Firefox browser I immediately get a message saying my homepage (Google search) is not a trusted site. The same thing happens when I try to do any searches up in the task bar. And when I type ATS in the address bar nothing happens at all--it just sits there loading. Any other websites I can get to fine.

Does anyone know what my problem might be? And as far as Google search goes, I'm not currently comfortable using the "make an exception" option for my home screen issue because I don't know what, if anything, is wrong. Maybe something is just outdated or maybe there is a bigger issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

This is standard for malware use malwarebytes fix it right up. HERE

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Sounds like a browser redirection hijack.

I'd scan with Malwarebytes but if that can't clean it, try browsing the Bleepingcomputer.com forums (from your iPad). There's a lot of good advice there.

Also, you could try pinging a website (like google search) to see if its a DNS hijack. If so, clean out your hosts file (google it online) and do a DNS clean-up (from an elevated permissions command prompt in Windows: "IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS").

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You're infected. As has been suggested, run malwarebytes, preferably in safe mode. Also run ccleaner and adwcleaner. The former can be found on filehippo.com, and the latter can be found at bleepingcomputer.com.

Now you will need to go remove any add-ons and extensions from firefox, you didn't put there. Note there are some that must be there. Usually, the ones you want to remove, stick out like a sore thumb. Afterward, run Microsoft fixit...
and

BTW. You'll want to disable your anti-virus while you're doing all of this. It will only interfere with the cleaning process.

Lastly, consider combing through your installed programs for obvious junkware. Dealkeeper, regclean pro, optimizer, etc. A good uninstaller, such as Revo or Geek uninstaller, will clean up leftovers too.

edit on 7/22/2014 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I am confused.

You go on ATS to write a post asking why you can't get on ATS?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone that responded. I'll look into these things. I had already done a quick scan, but I'm doing a full one now.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Reading is hard.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

MALWARE scan...not VIRUS scan! (but you still should do both!)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Should that fail, dump your cookies and clear your cache. I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago and clearing the cache worked for me. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace
Thanks, for this information.
I too was experiencing the same problem.
I used your recommended malwarebytes and it found 459 problems,

Thanks again, My computer is now running much faster,

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw
a reply to: mwood

Reading is hard.

Haha, just went back and reread the post. Your right, I'm illiterate I guess.

I guess I read it too fast, didn't understand how they posted if they couldn't get on...

My apologies for being mentally deficient.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
a reply to: MarlinGrace
Thanks, for this information.
I too was experiencing the same problem.
I used your recommended malwarebytes and it found 459 problems,

Thanks again, My computer is now running much faster,

Glad to be of help. I run malwarebytes and spybot as my main two. I don't really use any antivirus software and that should spark some criticism but many have failed and I have a i7 processor but it still slows a bit and that makes me nuts.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I agree with those who said it is likely a browser hijack.
Something tried to latch onto my browser last week....I have the paid version of Malwarebytes which caught it before it installed...., and my antivirus finally blocked it totally.

top topics

join