It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US stops flights to Tel Aviv for next 24 hours.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I haven't seen this on here. I just came in and am watching CNN. Apparently a flight from New York to Tel Aviv was redirected to Paris due to a missile hitting near the Tel Aviv airport. Sorry I can't link as I'm on my iPad but now they are saying FAA is canceling all US flights to Tel Aviv for the next 24 hours. I don't know if anymore flights are in route at this time.

If someone has more info and can link please do so and close this thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: maybee
I haven't seen this on here. I just came in and am watching CNN. Apparently a flight from New York to Tel Aviv was redirected to Paris due to a missile hitting near the Tel Aviv airport. Sorry I can't link as I'm on my iPad but now they are saying FAA is canceling all US flights to Tel Aviv for the next 24 hours. I don't know if anymore flights are in route at this time.

If someone has more info and can link please do so and close this thread.

Here you go.

CNN

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Delta cancelled all flights to Tel Aviv indefinitely due to reports of a rocket landing near the airport there. That is the flight that was rerouted to Paris. That was expanded to all US airlines by the FAA for the next 24 hours, although Delta will continue with their indefinite suspension.

The FAA said they will update no later than the 24 hours. United, and USAir cancelled their flights before they left the ground. Lufthansa and Air France followed suit and cancelled their flights as well. Delta had a 747 over the Med, with 273 passengers and 17 crew on board. That's the flight that went back to Paris.
edit on 7/22/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Flights Tel Aviv

Here it is on CNN

Beat me to it.
edit on 22-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the links. It's getting quite scary over there it seems. I pray for all the people in that area. I've always wanted to visit Israel but I'm just to scared to ever attempt it, though I know people who have gone with some church groups and always had a wonderful time.
Who knows maybe I will someday.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the links. It's getting quite scary over there it seems. I pray for all the people in that area. I've always wanted to visit Israel but I'm just to scared to ever attempt it, though I know people who have gone with some church groups and always had a wonderful time.

I wouldn't of minded going to the Middle East but someone has ruined that part of the world and the way planes are going at the moment and the amount of Aussies being caught up in these events, I think I'll just stay home.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

iAir France suspended all flights to and from Israel due to "security reasons linked to the evolution of the local situation," Reuters quoted an airline spokesman as saying.

Lufthansa, Swiss Air, and KLM also suspended flights to Ben Gurion.

link

Not just American flights.

Sorry Zap missed the bottom of your post

edit on 22-7-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: maybee

It's not that it's getting scary, it's just that they don't want to risk a rocket landing on a plane. Since a rocket landed so close to the airport, they didn't want something like this to happen, only this time possibly to a plane full of people, instead of an empty one.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Gee.

...and it's ok to fly 1,000 feet above the 32,000 nfz in the Ukrane with the same shiite's flinging doo-doo?!

My spelling skunks, seiry.
edit on (7/22/1414 by loveguy because: color

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Actually yes, it's a lot safer. Rockets land anywhere, SAMs have to be targeted on the plane in question.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am going to put my feet in my mouth.... Ever since I was four years old in 1970, I saw the conflict on the news and decided those people were dangerous, un behaved, and I did not want to see them on the news ever again. Well forty four years later it appears that no one over there has matured and decided to get along and be productive.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Actually yes, it's a lot safer. Rockets land anywhere, SAMs have to be targeted on the plane in question.

maybe you missed the point I was trying to make...

why is it ok to fly over one war zone yet, not the other?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal 40 years? Try a couple thousand.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

They're not stopping them from flying over it. They're stopping them from landing in it. They can fly over it all they want, at any altitude. That's the huge difference. They just can't land in Tel Aviv. So it's not a case of "you can fly over this one, but not this one". They could fly over both of them, until the shoot down over the Ukraine. The big difference with Israel is that there is no evidence that Hamas even has MANPADS systems, let alone something like the SA-11.
edit on 7/22/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: maybee

G,day mate
interesting stuff
i just checked the QANTAS site and they have not issued a flight warning about ISRAEL yet they stopped flying over crazy ukraine land some months ago

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

I wouldn't of minded going to the Middle East but someone has ruined that part of the world and the way planes are going at the moment and the amount of Aussies being caught up in these events, I think I'll just stay home.

G,day mate.
the same thought has crossed my mind.
but we must not let fear be the form of communication that we adhere too

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

At least the American airlines show due diligence I could not believe what I read in the Sydney Morning Herald yesterday that a mere 3 days after the Ukraine incident Malaysian flight MH4 flew over Syrian airspace,ICAO also needs to look at itself as it approved the flightpath.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Zaphod58

At least the American airlines show due diligence I could not believe what I read in the Sydney Morning Herald yesterday that a mere 3 days after the Ukraine incident Malaysian flight MH4 flew over Syrian airspace,ICAO also needs to look at itself as it approved the flightpath.

G,day mate
i am shocked the malaysian's need their bloody heads read
what a pack of wankers playing with peoples lives like that
hmm better phone one of me mates he's heading to pax uropa for christmas guess which mob he is flying with
no not ansett

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Tell him to save a few extra bucks and go via America,hope hes got travel insurance to cancel tickets.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
While it does seem prudent to not be landing a plane in a war zone, I think that we just put a big old target on every airport in Israel -- Hamas tosses a rocket at one every couple of days, and whether they miss or hit anything, they shut down all air traffic in and out of the country (well, I assume that El Al will continue to fly.) That's a pretty effective use of a small weapon.

edit on 22-7-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join