It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy spirit/ghost, angels, demons, aliens,shekinah glory, and all that Jazz.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

OH wow, interesting, one of my favorite topics

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
One of my favorite books
FROM THE ASHES OF ANGELS

I Have that book!

I am of the opinion that ancient people confused advanced organic creatures (aliens) with 'angels' or other supernatural beings. The things that the aliens could do would seem metaphysical to the people of that time period, but in fact it was just advanced technologies and other abilities (telepathy).

I'm going to enjoy reading this thread.
Very interesting! I'll comment more later.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
I found a page comparing Christianity and Hinduism ...

Sometimes when I look at Christianity, it seems to be a mush of Judaism and Buddhism. At least, I can see the flavors of both running through Christianity (Catholicism in particular).

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Same here!

Once someone has experienced the manifest presence of the very creator of the universe, you can NEVER remain the same.

To become carriers, shippers, His presence or His glory. Moses had to have an encounter with the fire to get three million people out of Egypt. You need someone that is on fire to free others from slavery. The encounter with the presence of God leads you to be a liberator. There are people trying to help others without experience.

The Presence: Shekinah Glory

Every time I talk about “Shekinah Glory” there are manifestations that can be physical, natural and visible. In Hebrew, kabod is the intrinsic nature of what God is and is revealed in His names and His ways. It's about His character and His nature. The manifested presence of God cannot be manufactured, fabricated, created, provoked, agitated or stirred up. You have it or you don’t.

Kabod is His nature and all God is. He decides what to display. Only one thing I can do with His presence, attract it.

What is the glory of God?

• The glory of God is the realm of eternity. Eternity is timeless. The glory does not operate in time.

• The glory of God is revealed eternity.

• It is the infinity without limits or restrictions.

• It is the realm that exists beyond human imagination, beyond the faith of a man and his anointing.

• It is the manifestation or demonstration of God himself.

• It is the manifested presence of God.

• It is the sovereignty of God in manifestation. The sovereignty of God is when God does what He wants, like He wants, when He wants and with whom He wants.

• A demonstration of the sovereignty of God and His will.

Substitutes for the Presence of God

Those who have lost God's presence try to manufacture it with substitutes. That kabod cannot come by emotions or by movement of a man. It only comes through revelation. The glory of God cannot be studied with the mind as we study medicine. Natural instruments cannot understand the glory, it must be revealed.

In the presence of God, natural laws are suspended. Why? In the glory, matter is not important. The weight of the words we speak come from the source from which they originate. If he speaks from a position of glory, they will cross the heart and transform people.

A Supernatural Encounter with His Presence: The Shekinah Glory of the Here and Now

edit on 22-7-2014 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Not exactly the same .. but the first time I saw the top picture, I thought of the bottom picture.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

hmmm , that is certainly thought provoking

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Muslims say holy spirit is Gabriel who was sent to Jesus and Mary, What do Christians believe !?
They say angels are creatures without free will and they can not disobey God, What do Christians believe !?
They say soul is the essence of human. main part of humanity. What do Christians believe !?
They call demons, aliens as Jinns. Jinns are alive creatures like humanity and they have free will. Lucifer is a Jinn. Jinns are made of fire or better to say energy ! God made Jinns to help Solomon. Even nowadays corrupted people have relations with corrupted Jinns. We have seen such things a lot. Even in China Jinns help their servants to read a closed book !! I think movies are available on web. But they do not say they are using Jinns.
Jazz ! What is this one !?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
The list is stirring, it sends chills up your spine.

I don't have time to add much more at the moment

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: maes2

TY, I hope to post more later,

All that Jazz is just a saying we uses to mean all that stuff so to speak

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yes its definitely there. But having different flavors of the same message shouldn't annoy us. Just gives a better opportunity to learn more by studying each book. The Garden of Eden story seemed strange until I read an explanation by a hindu called Paramahansa Yogananda. In one of his books he said the garden of Eden is our soul, the tree, an upside symbolic representation of our nervous system, we were allowed use of all the fruits (our physical senses) but the apple (sexual energy). That explanation flicked on a somewhat dim lightbulb in my head.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Holy spirit, angels, demons, aliens, soul, and all that Jazz.

Due to a conversation I was having on another topic I would love to hear what members believe these things really are.

Holy spirit,- Spiritual servant of the FATHER & SON assistant of the SOUL of MAN

angels, - Supportive Service To Others astral-ethereal-material or flesh spiritual guides as well as protectors WATCHERS of MAN

demons, - Temptation instigating, some extremely Service To Self deceptive astral-ethereal-material or flesh spiritual overseers as well as testers WATCHERS of MAN

aliens, - May be the labeled Angels or Demons / Ghost of the past or not connected @ all to the to any labels shared

soul/spirit/Internal energy, - The ETERNAL essence (within the flesh body of man or "others" or alien) of the who CREATED us ALL* uniquely conscious and aware on various levels of EXISTENCE

This is my subjective analysis Stormdancer777

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Interesting date; some there I haven't read before. It's clear there are many ideas about these things, and it's also clear that they can't all be right. Opposing points of view can't both be correct. That said, there are often similarities in beliefs, to some degree, and it's possible that some truth lies in these. Not required, but possible. All we can do with such a topic is offer our own opinions, since we can't prove beliefs on these topics. I do hold strong beliefs, but I enjoy such discussions, to see how others think and feel on the issues. So, I will share what I think/believe on the items in your thread title.

Holy Spirit - Complicated, this one. My personal belief is in a Triune God - One God, in Three Persons; Father, Son, Holy Spirit. HOW that works, I can't say, but I do believe it to be true. Perhaps one day we can better understand. Why the Spirit was represented as a dove, is a good question. One possible explanation is offered here, which I believe is relevant:
Why Did the Holy Spirit Descend in the Form of a Dove?
Doves were commonly used as sacrifices for sin in those days, and thus a dove appearing was a sign tot he people that Jesus was to be the ultimate sacrifice.

I can also share that I have experienced the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life, and know personally that the Spirit is very real. Can't prove it to you, of course.

Angels and demons, and aliens - My beliefs there are Biblical. Angels are beings God created, to serve Him, and demons are those that rebelled and were cast out, with their ringleader, who was Lucifer and is now Satan. They are very real, and can be involved in our lives. Demons are described as "powers of the air", and I believe they are deceivers of a high order, that fool people with various disguises, such as "aliens".

Shekinah glory - I like this one! light from God is how I think of this. Light you can't imagine, and that I believe I have seen, in small measure. LONG time back, when "something" was stalking a couple of friends and I, which we believed was a demon. It retreated when Bible verses were read. In the house, a small cross I held tightly in my hand, for reassurance, started to feel VERY warm; more hot, like it should burn, but it didn't. I opened my hand, and it was emitting LIGHT. No, not glow-in-the-dark stuff; actual light, of a sort I can't begin to describe, adequately. Pure white, and with substance, and that
isn't even a start. Both friends saw it as well. We believed it was God's way of showing us He is stronger than any demon, and that we need not fear.

You have some discussion of the soul as well. Unlike many, I don't think of "the soul" as something we can lose; I consider that what is called "the soul" is US. The spiritual person each of us is, encased in physical form. Losing one's soul is, in effect, losing one's self. That's how I see it.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Okay, you just lost me with this Egyptian Khu... I believe we are ALL created by God., and not these little gods - not the Annunaki, not the Nephilim, etc. Furthermore I have SEEN the Shekinah Glory on my 20th Birthday. An elderly prophetess spoke over me when I was 18 that the Lord would begin to use me mightily after I turned 20. I was at a couples house from my little church, spending the night on their sofa in the living room. I felt GREAT Expectation just before falling asleep, and I kept hearing that old Prophetess voice in my head before I finally fell asleep. All was completely NORMAL until 3 o'clock in the morning... Between three and four, the ministering angels come down to us, I've learned with messages from God, with healing in their wings, etc. I was still asleep, and sleeping soundly, until I heard a great and powerful voice speaking to me. The voice asked, "DO YOU SEE THIS WOMAN?" I was seeing an elderly woman with hair of white, dressed in a sumptuous and beautiful floral dress. And I also understood that she was the embodiment of WISDOM. "I said, Yes Lord, " for I KNEW who it was that was speaking to me. The Lord said, "Through this woman, I shall meet ALL of your needs according to MY GREAT RICHES IN GLORY!" And when the Lord said "GLORY", it was as if ten thousand thunders resounded and it was so loud, and such a powerful echoing of this booming sound, it startled me from my slumber, finally, and I opened my eyes, and cried out in terror before the Lord! In the upper left corner of their livingroom was shining a bright light down upon me where I was laying on the couch. It was the Presence, the Glory, The Shekinah Light of the Lord, and HE was in that light, and that light was ALIVE! I cried out, "Oh God, please don't kill me!" His presence, His glory, was the PUREST, HOLIEST, MOST PRECIOUS thing I could have EVER imagined... And HE was so pure, and so UTTERLY HOLY, that I felt so DIRTY and UTTERLY UNWORTHY in His presence, and that was why I was frightend lying there before HIM. I forgot to tell you that there was a BLUE CLOUD ALL over the ceiling in the livingroom, and understood that what it was doing was FILTERING the LIGHT and HOLINESS of the Lord, so that I would not die in HIS presence as HE looked down upon me. Naturally, I had awoken the wife of this couple when I shouted out in my terror at the top of my lungs, when I had first opened my eyes. She came down the hall to see what had happened, and WITNESSED the Glory of the Lord shining down from the corner of the front room, she saw the blue clouds all over the ceiling, and together we watched the light very slowly dissipate. She was completely silent until the light faded away. I asked her if she'd seen thel light of the Lord and the blue clouds on the ceiling? She replied, "Yes, Maceo, but they were completely blanketing and engulfing you on the couch, so much so that I could barely see you through those Clouds of Glory... " I was stunned! We spoke for about an hour or so. She told me that she had seen me in Israel in a vision, and that she had seen multilple albums in her vision. I am very musical and have written hundreds of songs. I have made several attempts at getting them recorded, and feel like NOW is the actual time that I am to record. I made a few demos in the past, but wasn't ready then. My voice has changed and grown, and I think now that it's the time to move forward. It warms my heart, even now, as I think of the POWERFUL visitation of the Lord. HE IS REAL! I AM ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN OF WHAT I, and my friend's wife had experienced... Nobody can ever take that away from me!
edit on 26-7-2014 by maceov because: Left one little thing out.

edit on 26-7-2014 by maceov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: maceov

Very moving and amazing experience you have had, maceov, I have no reason to doubt your beautiful experience, when in contact with angles or in the presence of god, prophets often fall in fear.

What i posted was just referencing the different religions and their beliefs.

Later I hope to post more.

edit on 093131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Your beliefs have been always close to mine, but then I didn't realize the ancient religions had similar entities and now wonder.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
Thank you , Ophiuchus, I have read you post several times.

I am never one to post unless I am given something significant to add, hope to add more later, I have a few things in mind.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So if we go back through the ages and look at these spiritual beings all ancient culture said they had contact with, back before Judaism, back before Christianity, who or what were they seeing?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I watched the in search of aliens show last night, the new series, what caught my eye was a relief of four beings with cloaks of feathers in the museum he went to, reminded me of ashes of angels, exactly the same look.

www.history.com...

Now I don't agree with everything he says, and much has been debunked, however years ago I wondered if the atlanteans were aliens, and we were left stranded.

I thought the stone egg was interesting too.

36:37 on the video

four beings with cloaks of feathers

for a larger view

psi.historicusinc.com...
psi.historicusinc.com...
edit on 013131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Angels, demons, and fallen angels were flesh-and-blood members of a giant race predating humanity, spoken of in the Bible as the Nephilim your book states. Please tell us more information about this.

Andrew Collins: Bible scholars are convinced that the book of Enoch, and other similar such “Enochian” literature, derive from a few brief lines in Genesis, the first book of the Old Testament. Chapter 6 speaks of how the Elohim (or “Sons of God)”, an alternative name for the Watchers, came upon the “daughters of men” and, finding them fair, laid with them to produce Nephilim, which in most forms of the Bible is translated as “giants”:

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown (Gen. 6:4).

The mighty men of renown is what caught my eye many years ago, I have new info on that if I can find it

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Maori kiwi cloak

Cloak, or 'Ahu'ula, of red and yellow feathers, Hawaii, Hawaiian Islands, Polynesia.

Tibetan

Hawaiian

An Encyclopedia of Shamanism, Volume 1

The sacredness of bird spirit

books.google.com... bfHYglPFXc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=S_jTU_vSDdS0yATuu4DoDA&ved=0CEIQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=why%20the%20feather%20is%20sacred%20to%20shaman&f=false

Cherokee Turkey cloak

Bird Headed Beings in Mythology

www.crystalinks.com...

List of avian humanoids
en.wikipedia.org...

www.crystalinks.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join