It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White flags appear mysteriously on top of the Brooklyn Bridge.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
newyork.cbslocal.com...

So much for security on the bridge...unless security was involved. It's a pretty powerful statement made about the general political feeling in the USA today.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

“We will not surrender our public safety to anyone, at any time. Political and social expression, whatever its message may be, has a place in our society, but not at the expense of others’ security.”

What?

Over two flags? I'm thinking New York has bigger issues than the flags, if that is their mentality.

After everything that has been happening there lately, the public should be far from "surrender".

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If you can plant two flags on the Brooklyn Bridge you can just plant just about whatever you want. There are police cars at the entrances on both sides at all times. Hardened government and police barracks at the ends of the bridge. There are certainly a few people who have some splaining to do

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The article says there are now signs by the bridge that say the bridge is under NYPD video surveillance. Shouldn't this high value terrorist target have already been under video surveillance? How many other areas in new York have video cameras? Perhaps not as many as in London, but surely there are some right? So why not this bridge? I guess they don't want the evidence to be available in case the FBI decides to plan an attack there. With no footage for the public to demand, they can just make up whatever story they want for the public. Or just refuse to show the footage like with the attack on the Pentagon. I dunno, nothing makes sense...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Inside job? Could it be the police themselves are sick and tired of the state of our nation?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: zayonara

livecam

9p- 10p in archives page shows traditional flags faintly.
10p- 11p shows white flags.
I’ll sit here and try to pinpoint when the flags were altered/traded…

edit on (7/22/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: zayonara

To the awful bonehead, Eric Adams, who was quoted as saying "Political and social expression have a place in our society, but not at the expense of others security", I have only this to say...

Security has NO value, if it comes at the expense of liberty, something that a citizen of the USA should not need reminding of by a British gentleman, and certainly not a citizen who has somehow attained high public office. Frankly, I am amazed that with such an unconstitutional attitude to the balance between those two, Mr Adams has managed to get any job better than that of your run of the mill paper delivery boy.

The staggering foolishness of his statement, shows at least one good reason to fly a white flag over New York. If its leaders are so PATHETIC as to value security more than liberty, despite New York containing the Statue of Liberty itself, then perhaps a mark of surrender is necessary.

Oh, and a word to the wise New York... Your borough president is about as anti-American as Kim Jong Un. Vote him out if you value your liberty.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Looks to me like a faded old glory flag but perhaps it was meant to be white? I'm curious about the possible meaning.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks loveguy i was interested in seeing who did this my self.will look at the cam.Yea the surrender flag makes you go hummmm....tin foil hat time?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
ok was it always this faded? or just happen over night?strange thanks 4 the close up pic

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My interpretation of old glory flying like that...

After a zebra loses his stripes, he's just a basic horsey- anymore.

Liberty is fading away.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Did a little digging and came up with a story about the flags on the moon being all white now. So, what if the video surveillance shows that nobody replaced them? The ones on the moon they say are white from UV Radiation....any chance this could be some freak radiation discoloring?

So it is likely that these symbols of American achievement have been rendered blank, bleached white by the UV radiation of unfiltered sunlight on the lunar surface. Some of them may even have begun to physically disintegrate under the intense flux.

Source

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think we had all better hope that somebody wanting to simply get a message across was behind this.

If it just happened - that is a damn scary omen if you ask me. And I do not even believe in such things.

edit on 22-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Not faded, bleached. Faded would look older and have more of a yellow to it. That flag has been bleached to look that way. You can tell from the slight bluing it has. Dark blues are hard to bleach out unless you do it a load of times and if you do it too many you weaken the fibers too much. That aside.

Who where put that up there is trying to make a point since they went to all the trouble of making the flag look that way and getting it up there.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Apparently a group called Bicycle Lobby is claiming responsibility.

Source

A Twitter handle named @BicycleLobby claimed responsibility Tuesday, tweeting, "Earlier today we hoisted two white flags to signal our complete surrender of the Brooklyn Bridge bicycle path to pedestrians." The authenticity of the tweet could not be immediately verified.

Link to the twitter feed.....

Twitter
edit on 7/22/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Security has NO value, if it comes at the expense of liberty,

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Security ALWAYS comes at the expense of liberty. It's a matter of how much security you want, and how much liberty you're willing to sacrifice.

Just sayin'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Did a little digging and came up with a story about the flags on the moon being all white now. So, what if the video surveillance shows that nobody replaced them? The ones on the moon they say are white from UV Radiation....any chance this could be some freak radiation discoloring?

So it is likely that these symbols of American achievement have been rendered blank, bleached white by the UV radiation of unfiltered sunlight on the lunar surface. Some of them may even have begun to physically disintegrate under the intense flux.

Source

Dang vids are looped, so to ascertain exactly when- is lost in the loop.

Between 10-and 11pm.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I can see that being pulled off in under an hour, easy.

Well lets hope who ever did this thinks they have made their point and is done. I'd hate to see what they might do if they think they need to go to more extreme measures.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The first rule of project mayhem sir

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
My interpretation of old glory flying like that...

After a zebra loses his stripes, he's just a basic horsey- anymore.

Liberty is fading away.

If this act is open to interpretation, I'd have to agree with you. Or perhaps this is a really colorful (colorless?) way of saying America's honor & integrity has faded into something almost unrecognizable, or has been whitewashed into a shell of it's former self.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join