It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arguing Religion and God - Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Nonetheless implied in my comments. I cannot establish God or Psi to you, only you can.

You're preaching to the choir here. lol

That is my philosophy in life.

Only people can come to realization through themselves, hence religions mostly preach a path of finding divinity through their particular dogmas.

I guess whatever works for someone is great, just as long as it doesn't effect the other people's journey.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth
When I was a child my father used to rub my forehead periodically and to be clear that sensation is very unique.

Any person on the planet can experience it. By simply placing a copper pencil cap 1cm from the bridge of the nose and moving from their to the center of the forehead.

1. This constitutes a population. In that any person without prior knowledge of why this is being done, will respond to the experience, as in a sensation of something akin to the flow of energy.

2. The matter of adorning the forehead in ancient times has been a big part of history.

3. In meditation one can replicate this experience at will after about a year of such a effort.

4. There not so much as one Iota of data explaining the physiological cause.. This despite the fact it testable in relation to the scientific method.

Any thoughts?

edit on 22-7-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Kashai

Nonetheless implied in my comments. I cannot establish God or Psi to you, only you can.

You're preaching to the choir here. lol

That is my philosophy in life.

Only people can come to realization through themselves, hence religions mostly preach a path of finding divinity through their particular dogmas.

I guess whatever works for someone is great, just as long as it doesn't effect the other people's journey.

5. In the days of Jesus and prior to the Constantine, Israelites and Christians believed in Reincarnation.

Clearly a point of contention exists.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Whats even more hilarious is that the three abrahamic religions all worship the same god yet slaughter each other over it claiming that they are the chosen ones ..

Religion does not worship God.

It worships an imposter.

God is NOT religious.

Nor is He the one behind false religions.

That would be the god of THIS world.

Religion and God have NOTHING in common and in fact are complete opposites.

All religion does is drive people AWAY from God which is exactly what it was designed to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join