It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Conservatives Met With Hostility, Harassed at NAACP Convention...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
After just moving out of the hood after 10 years i can tell you blacks are their own worst enemy. No respect no concern except for themselves

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Please explain where the belligerent in the OP's video was demonstrating any attempt at equality.

I didn't say she was. And I don't think she is.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: NavyDoc
The NAACP is all about letting people do things or be heard or be advanced or get scholarships based on their race, and multiple other things based on only their race.

I'm afraid you're wrong. They're aren't about letting people be heard based on their race. They are about equal treatment and equal rights for all.

The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.

NAACP Mission

Just because you don't understand what the organization stands for, doesn't mean you can take the name and make up your own version of the truth. The NAACP is much like feminism. They stand for equality of ALL people.

LOL. No, that's their rhetoric but the NAACP has always stood up for racial preferences, quotas, affirmative action, and judging people by their race.

You know them by their actions, not by their BS press release.

They won't let black conservatives speak but welcome Rev Wright preached that African Americans should sing “not God Bless America, God Damn America,” that 9/11 proved that “America’s chickens are coming home to roost,” and that the U.S. government invented AIDS. He was honored by the NAACP as a keynote speaker in 2008.

www.cnn.com...

In 2000, the NAACP filed an amicus curiae brief on behalf of Mumia Abu Jamal, the former Black Panther who murdered a white police officer in 1981. He admitted to shooting the police officer and said, "I shot the motherf—– and I hope the motherf—– dies,”

takimag.com...

Julian Bond, chairman of the NAACP from 1998 to 2000, exemplifies the organization’s migration from the mainstream to the extreme. In his words, Republicans are “the white people’s party” and “a crazed swarm of right-wing locusts,” America morphs into a place where “white supremacy” is “everywhere,” and the George W. Bush Administration exemplifies a regime “whose devotion to the Confederacy is nearly canine in its uncritical affection.”
www.americanthinker.com... _bond_is_a_liar.html

“a deliberate mechanism for communication and interrelations between representative leaders of the progressive community and the NAACP within the inclusive mission of the Chavis administration and the African-centered self-determined program thrust of the ‘new’ NAACP.” Attendees included black supremacist Leonard Jeffries, famous for his “sun people”/”ice people” dichotomy to explain the differences between blacks and whites; Maulana Karenga, the originator of Kwanzaa who went to prison for torturing two women; and fringe presidential candidate Lenora Fulani.

When Al Gore selected Joe Lieberman as his running mate in 2000, Dallas NAACP chapter head Lee Alcorn responded with alarm that a Jewish American had been selected on a national ticket. “I’m concerned about, you know, any kind of Jewish candidate, you know, and I’m concerned about the Democratic Party,” Alcorn said on a radio program. “And if we get a Jew person, then what I’m wondering is, I mean, what is this movement for, you know?” African Americans, the NAACP leader maintained, “need to be suspicious of any kind of partnerships between the Jews at that kind of level because we know that their interest primarily has to do with, you know, money and these kind of things.”

And a lot more here.

www.examiner.com... aacp-simply-hates-white-people-and-america

Their BS press release and what they actually do are radically different. What they actually do and who they actually support and who they invite to speak and who they refuse to let speak tells a tale of overt racism and Marxist politics. They don't fool anyone who can actually think for themselves and actually pays attention to what is going on. Their actions speak much, much, louder than their oppress release.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why do people let politics divide them like this? Can all people not just come together for greater good of humanity? It's okay to criticize each other and question each other, but to completely try and silence the other sides view is wrong of either side.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: guohua

Getting denied to speak or attend a private convention is not having your civil rights violated or being intolerant. It's their convention, they can run it as they want.
And they did get their booth and their opportunity to spread their views at the convention. No they didn't get to speak so maybe they can go on Fox News and cry about it agian

Their business their rules? I can swing with that. However, I doubt you'd say that if a business or a convention or a group barred someone of African or Latino ancestry or gay or transgender or whatever the left's protected class of the day was.

Man the high five club is ridiculous on this threads. Stars out the wazoo for people assuming other people's thoughts? Since when ats

Private convention can be ran how they like, end of story and don't tell me what I think or how I will respond to hypothetical situations. Make a thread about it and you will get my response, don't need you to speak for me.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

we have a family friends who is practically estranged from his family because they keep calling him an Uncle Tom for mistrusting Obama. (Yes he's black). I'm half-black myself, and my own father felt it necessary to warn me against the tea-party because "I wouldn't be welcome there".

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Conservative Blacks tend to be successful Blacks and they scare the hell out of groups like the NAACP. They show the lies that groups like the NAACP are based on. If you get enough successful Blacks the higher ups at the NAACP would have to go out and earn an honest living.

What's ironic is that it was the early efforts of the NAACP that helped to provide the opportunities to succeed that these conservative blacks have taken advantage of. Things like desegregation, equal access to good schools, ending lynching and Jim Crow laws, etc....

As far as the NAACP being a private organization, that can decide who it wants to associate with, I have no problem with that. I just wish that the same went for the Boy Scouts, the Augusta National Golf Club and the Young Men's Christian Association.

And the law agrees with you. None of these organizations were forced by law to accept anyone they didn't want to. Conservative blacks (and those who support them) are totally allowed to launch protests until the NAACP decides on its own to allow them in. Best of luck to 'em.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kismetpair927
a reply to: Wookiep

we have a family friends who is practically estranged from his family because they keep calling him an Uncle Tom for mistrusting Obama. (Yes he's black). I'm half-black myself, and my own father felt it necessary to warn me against the tea-party because "I wouldn't be welcome there".

Maybe your father has an irrational fear.

If your values are conservative the Tea Party would have no problems with you. It's possible you might run into a bigot here and there, but you can do that walking through the mall too.

There's a time when you're grown enough to find out for yourself. If you feel you need to rely on your father's advice ... do so. Never turn your back on your family. Truth is, they're all you've really got in this world even if they fail you from time to time.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

But look at the golden opportunity they let slip right past them.

They could have "allowed" some flippin crazy conservatives talk.

Maybe they were scared ?

I would think they would be glad to let somebody make a fool of the concepts.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Getting denied to speak or attend a private convention is not having your civil rights violated or being intolerant. It's their convention, they can run it as they want.
And they did get their booth and their opportunity to spread their views at the convention. No they didn't get to speak so maybe they can go on Fox News and cry about it agian

Their business their rules? I can swing with that. However, I doubt you'd say that if a business or a convention or a group barred someone of African or Latino ancestry or gay or transgender or whatever the left's protected class of the day was.

Man the high five club is ridiculous on this threads. Stars out the wazoo for people assuming other people's thoughts? Since when ats

Private convention can be ran how they like, end of story and don't tell me what I think or how I will respond to hypothetical situations. Make a thread about it and you will get my response, don't need you to speak for me.

No, just seeing if you are consistent or not. Most leftists are not--"but this is different!" If you don't have the integrity to answer honestly but must side step the question, go ahead, but I'm not surprised.
edit on 22-7-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No, just seeing if you are consistent or not. Most leftists are not--"but this is different!" If you don't have the integrity to answer honestly but must side step the question, go ahead, but I'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well I guess they just can't stand it when a Black Woman or Black Man are not part of their Fold or Sheep.
They seem to have a Tantrum and go on a Rant when some one thinks differently than they do, Than The Democrat Parties Way of Thinking,,,

Didn't the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. say something like, The Content Of His Character, Not The Color Of His Skin.
Wasn't he, a leader, a man of your Race to be Proud of, I can tell you that the Central Committee in Beijing was Scared To Death of The Rev. King. They seen a Leader of Men and Man that could Command an entire Race of Peoples with his Persona and Voice and Actions.
You think, Hoover and the American Government were the Only Ones Monitoring The Rev. King?
There are files upon files on this Great Man.
Now Look At your Race Distracted and Used and Liking it.
This is way I post this thread when I read the article.
I took down the picture of LBJ from his website of his actual words from his statement about the Black Race and just How True They are.

But here are some things to further my point of view of how the Black People do more Harm to each other Than Good!

In April, Illinois Democratic Governor Pat Quinn’s campaign tweeted several messages urging backers to read an article comparing black Republicans to Jews who collaborated with Nazis. The article by Chicago Sun Times columnist Neil Steinberg compared black supporters of Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner to Jews who worked with Nazis against their brethren.

“As a general rule, individuals will sell out the interests of their groups in return for personal benefit,” Steinberg wrote, adding that Mr. Reutner is buying off the black community and its leaders. “It isn’t just a black thing. Jews collaborated with the Nazis during World War II, helping them to round up their own people in the hopes they’d be the last to go.”
In the case of Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., who is black, the media completely ignored his declaration that Republican criticism of President Obama amounted to racism and his reference to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, a black conservative, as “an Uncle Tom.” Asked during a CNN interview if the “Uncle Tom” comment was a racial remark, Thompson replied, “For some it is, for others it’s the truth.”

Recently, Republican National Committee staff member Raffi Williams was mocked by an Ebony magazine editor who called him a “white dude,” although he is black. His father, the respected journalist Juan Williams said that, “There is among liberals this idea that if you are a black person and you don’t fit into the liberal Orthodoxy, liberal way of thinking, as they have pre-determined, then it’s free to call you a roach, or an Uncle Tom, or a traitor.”

The idea that there is no such thing as “black racism” has a long history. In 1990, Rep. Gus Savage, D-Ill., criticized his opponent, Mel Reynolds, who was also black, for having white support and said that campaign contributions to him were, aside from one labor PAC, all from blacks. When he was criticized for this statement, he said that he could not possibly be a racist, because only whites could be guilty of this offense.

Link
These are suppose to be Educated People of the Community that have Every Ones B est Interest in Heart,,,, Well That's B S isn't it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Ya i side stepped the hypothetical situation....
You do see where wrote that private conventions set the rules end of story right? Sorry if you didn't want to read my whole post but I didn't side step your hypothetical question.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I just have to continue with the fact of Injustice in the Black Democrat Community to any Black that does not Toe The Line, you might say.
Does Not Bow to their way of thinking, is not a Slave,,,,,, to the Democrat Party,,, How Sad They Won't Allow Their Own To Improve Their Own Lives As They see Fit.

On May 5th, 2010 The Missouri NAACP hosted a press conference and rally on behalf of Perry Molens and Elston McCowan, demanding the county prosecutor drop assault charges stemming from an attack outside Russ Carnahan's townhall in South St. Louis County on Health Care last August. Molens and McCowan were arrested after the staged Carnahan event in August after they beat, kicked and stomped on black vendor Kenneth Gladney. The two Russ Carnahan supporters and SEIU members also called Kenneth the n-word as they bashed him into the cement.

Following is the transcript:

Back in the day, we used to call someone like that, and I want to remind you, uh, when this incident occurred, I was really struck by a front page picture of this guy, which we called, a Negro, i mean that we call him a Negro in the fact that he works for not for our people but against our people. In the old days, we call him an Uncle Tom. I just gotta say that. Here it is, the day after a young brother, a young man, I didn't mean to call him a brother, but on the front page of the Post Dispatch, ironically, he's sitting in a wheelchair, being kissed on the forehead, by a European. Now just imagine that as a poster child picture, not working for our people.

Yes, the Sign says NAACP,,,

Ironically, Gladney reached out to the NAACP after the assault, but was mocked by their local president for not filing a claim. 11 months later, the same organization is out in public claiming Gladney isn’t black enough to protect and calling him an "Uncle Tom" for getting his a$$ kicked by SEIU thugs after a Carnahan town hall. And remember- Perry Molens, the SEIU staff member caught on video coming up behind Gladney and throwing him to the ground, is white.

Black and Not Democrat
Another link
edit on 22-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ya i side stepped the hypothetical situation....
You do see where wrote that private conventions set the rules end of story right? Sorry if you didn't want to read my whole post but I didn't side step your hypothetical question.

No a hypothetical at all. Those organizations exist and there have been many a lawsuit based on this very principle. IMHO, I consistently follow the "their organization, their rules" principle even if I disagree with it. Freedom of association and all that. The question to you was relevant, pertinent, simple, and to the point. That you summersault around it and try to make machinations to avoid addressing it is a simple indication of your discomfort with being addressed about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Why do people let politics divide them like this? Can all people not just come together for greater good of humanity? It's okay to criticize each other and question each other, but to completely try and silence the other sides view is wrong of either side.

Not when money and power are "on the table". As Mark Twain said “Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.”

That really says it all. They all go corrupt after being there long enough. Want to fix it??? Easy...you can be in politics and/or elected for four years only, and then NEVER AGAIN. Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Easy...you can be in politics and/or elected for four years only, and then NEVER AGAIN. Problem solved.

You need to throw an annual mandatory vote of confidence in there. Add to that, whoever loses their seat may NOT be replaced until the next election. That might fix politics in its entirety.

And ... lobbyists (like the NAACP) may not so willing to jeopardize the seats of candidates they favor.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

For the third time I believe that private conventions can allow or disallow who ever they want to speak, how is that not answer this hypothetical situation your presented?

However, I doubt you'd say that if a business or a convention or a group barred someone of African or Latino ancestry or gay or transgender or whatever the left's protected class of the day was.

What part of IF does not make this hypothetical?
Or do you have a business or convention that you want to point out to make it a direct question?

So in closing, a business or organization that is holding a private event wants to not allow a African or latino or gay or transgender or whatever the left's protected class of the day is to not speak then that is their right.

edit on ndTue, 22 Jul 2014 15:01:08 -0500America/Chicago720140880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on ndTue, 22 Jul 2014 15:02:14 -0500America/Chicago720141480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well off black conservatives don't fit the 'perpetual victimhood' game that the NAACP obviously wishes to play. I thought better of the NAACP ... I didn't think they were bad like that. But apparently, they are.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You keep harping about whether or not somebody can or can't.

This whole thing is about Perception and Irony

The image is important. The policies and actions are always 2nd fiddle.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join