It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Conservatives Met With Hostility, Harassed at NAACP Convention...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This is going to sound bad and like I'm labeling people...I don't mean it that way, but...whatever. Sometimes these "black groups" just seem so dumb. I don't know why, but they are completely taken advantage of by those in power and fall for it all the time.

The "left" uses minorities constantly, with no real benefit for them. They make them believe they are victims, helpless, stupid and that the "powers that be" are there to help them while all the time...they just use them. Black people and all these groups that are abused like this don't seem to understand that THEY have control of their own lives. They can stand up and become whatever they want...but the "left" steals that from them. Like telling a child "you will amount to nothing" over and over until they believe it themselves.

Facts are facts...black people are no different than anyone else. They can work, achieve, learn, etc. They can be ANYTHING they want if they are willing to devote time and effort to it. But they are constantly held back. Not by the "whites"...but by the leaders they choose.

It is really a shame and (in my opinion) a crime. False advertising, lies, abuse...whatever you want to call it, it is genocide of the ego...and should be illegal.
edit on 7/22/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/22/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: guohua

Getting denied to speak or attend a private convention is not having your civil rights violated or being intolerant. It's their convention, they can run it as they want.

If this were an organization with the name National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People, or the National Association for the Advancement of Conservative Colored People, I may agree with you. But it isn't.

The name implies open involvement of ALL people of color regardless of political affiliation. A place where everyone should have a voice in expressing concerns and solutions to issues that face people today. Dividing the organization like this does nothing for the 'advancement' of 'colored people' as their name would imply it keeps the orgaization stagnant.

And they did get their booth and their opportunity to spread their views at the convention. No they didn't get to speak so maybe they can go on Fox News and cry about it agian

If a group that should have a platform to speak on issues that concern all people of color at a convention for people of color is not allowed to speak based on political ideology, where else do you suppose they should speak? Going to a conservative media outlet to voice this concern seems to me the perfect place to start. There, an attempt can be made to garner support that could be used to apply pressure to the NAACP to include an african american conservative point of view.

If the NAACP is no longer interested in being a force of change for ALL, then they need to re-evaluate thier mission statement to reflect the true nature of what the organization is currently working towards.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyMindIsMyOwn

Getting denied to speak or attend a private convention is not having your civil rights violated or being intolerant. It's their convention, they can run it as they want.

If this were an organization with the name National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People, or the National Association for the Advancement of Conservative Colored People, I may agree with you. But it isn't.

The name implies open involvement of ALL people of color regardless of political affiliation. A place where everyone should have a voice in expressing concerns and solutions to issues that face people today. Dividing the organization like this does nothing for the 'advancement' of 'colored people' as their name would imply it keeps the orgaization stagnant.

And they did get their booth and their opportunity to spread their views at the convention. No they didn't get to speak so maybe they can go on Fox News and cry about it agian

If a group that should have a platform to speak on issues that concern all people of color at a convention for people of color is not allowed to speak based on political ideology, where else do you suppose they should speak? Going to a conservative media outlet to voice this concern seems to me the perfect place to start. There, an attempt can be made to garner support that could be used to apply pressure to the NAACP to include an african american conservative point of view.

If the NAACP is no longer interested in being a force of change for ALL, then they need to re-evaluate thier mission statement to reflect the true nature of what the organization is currently working towards.

But they won't. Re-evaluate, that is. They have become the same as the people that try to "keep them down" and a business whose purpose is to make money and build control. It is not in the NAACP's interest to solve any problems...or the people they claim to want to help would disappear...and having solved the problem, they are out of business. You must create an "evil" to become a "savior" and you must have "victims" in order to gain power over them. Without "victims" and an "evil"...control is impossible.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Now, Can you believe this, Yes, the title, These Black Representatives attend the NAACP , Yes, Yes, Yes, Their Conservatives,,, God Help Them,,, But still, shouldn't they be allowed to tell their side.

The woman does have a valid point. If they do not support the ideals of the NAACP then why are they there and why do they think they should be allowed to speak at that event? Why don't they give their little speech at the Tea Party events?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
You would think the NAACP would welcome _any_ successful 'person of color' into its ranks.

Why? You think they should judge a person based on their race? You think they should let them speak just because they're black?

If the black conservatives don't represent the advancement of black people in general (which they probably don't) they have no business speaking there. Their race doesn't give them a "pass".
edit on 7/22/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
First off, let it be known, I used the Search Function and found no current thread.
If the MODS feel this is in Error, please delete.

Now, Can you believe this, Yes, the title, These Black Representatives attend the NAACP , Yes, Yes, Yes, Their Conservatives,,, God Help Them,,, But still, shouldn't they be allowed to tell their side.
This lady flats come out and says, You're Not A Member I Don't Care What You Have To Say!!!! Can You Believe That!!!
Talk about Closed Minded

After years of rejection, black conservatives were allowed a single booth at the convention this year, but they’re still locked out of speaking at the convention.

As minimal and restricted as their presence is at the NAACP event, black conservatives are still met with open hostility by NAACP faithful because they fail to toe the Progressive line. Yesterday, conservatives Deneen Borelli, director of outreach at FreedomWorks, CL Bryant, a fellow at FreedomWorks, were harassed in the convention hall just because they are conservatives.

This was an awful display of intolerance by a group that claims to fight for inclusion and tolerance in society.

Apparently, if you do not toe the liberal line you are not welcome at the NAACP.

On Monday, these shunned black conservatives will hold their own “Empower Liberty Summit” in the same hotel, directly across the hall from the NAACP event. It’s the only way their voices can be heard.

Progressive day

Is this the Tolerant Progressive Liberals we're all suppose to pattern ourselves after?

Well of course, "progressives" are the most racist bunch out there. Of course to the MSM and the left, this is "good" racism which they justify and differentiate from conservatives who are all "bad" racists in their mind.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Snarl
You would think the NAACP would welcome _any_ successful 'person of color' into its ranks.

Why? You think they should judge a person based on their race? You think they should let them speak just because they're black?

If the black conservatives don't represent the advancement of black people in general (which they probably don't) they have no business speaking there. Their race doesn't give them a "pass".

LOL. Did you hear yourself when you wrote that? What a self contradicting load of BS. The NAACP is all about letting people do things or be heard or be advanced or get scholarships based on their race, and multiple other things based on only their race.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
All I see is some dumb women getting irate over a none issue.

Those successful black conservative will likely forget what happened and go back to there hotel rooms and have a nice meal.

She will likely go back to whatever hovel she lives in in still irate to feast on whatever ever crap she got with her food stamps,.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Their business their rules? I can swing with that. However, I doubt you'd say that if a business or a convention or a group barred someone of African or Latino ancestry or gay or transgender or whatever the left's protected class of the day was.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The woman does have a valid point. If they do not support the ideals of the NAACP then why are they there and why do they think they should be allowed to speak at that event? Why don't they give their little speech at the Tea Party events?

Ahhh, because their goal is not to preach to the choir. Their goal is to recruit people to join the tea party, so that the tea party can grow and become more powerful and take over the country.

Not that I blame them for that. It's what all political parties do. Let's just be honest and call it what it is. An attempt to recruit.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Of course to the MSM and the left, this is "good" racism which they justify and differentiate from conservatives who are all "bad" racists in their mind.

Good racism? It would only be racism if they didn't let them speak (or DID let them speak) because they were black. Neither is happening here.
edit on 7/22/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
All orgs are like this. The ACLU only fights for some liberties, the NRA is only concerned with some 2nd A freedoms, all the womens orgs have a pre-defined template of a what a "liberated" woman is supposed to be and happily assault any that doesnt fit that template.

Orgs are stupid and only exist to profit from the loneliness and feelings of inadequacy of broken individuals.

Be more than you are! Be a part of something big! Send me your money!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
The NAACP is all about letting people do things or be heard or be advanced or get scholarships based on their race, and multiple other things based on only their race.

I'm afraid you're wrong. They're aren't about letting people be heard based on their race. They are about equal treatment and equal rights for all.

The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.

NAACP Mission

Just because you don't understand what the organization stands for, doesn't mean you can take the name and make up your own version of the truth. The NAACP is much like feminism. They stand for equality of ALL people.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

They are about equal treatment and equal rights for all.

Please explain where the belligerent in the OP's video was demonstrating any attempt at equality.

To me it looked like it was all about her, her organization and the status quo.

Sorry. No matter what you say, you're not going to 'argue' your way to clarity.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
This is going to sound bad and like I'm labeling people...I don't mean it that way, but...whatever. Sometimes these "black groups" just seem so dumb. I don't know why, but they are completely taken advantage of by those in power and fall for it all the time.

I know exactly what you mean.

It was a tactic tried by the republicans after the civil war. They used the newly free uneducated slaves as pliable voters.

Now its the democrats it seems that are doing it.

Blacks are not inherently stupid as my friends who are black are very smart successfully people. But they were never "Ghetto dwellers" they were brought up mixed in with whites in middles income areas.

What keeps them down is the crude hip hop ghetto culture, the victim culture ect. If they spend less time whining and more time working then they would be successful like the people they resent!

Being blacks not the problem. It surrounding yourself in a negative culture that is.

edit on 22-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Conservative Blacks tend to be successful Blacks and they scare the hell out of groups like the NAACP. They show the lies that groups like the NAACP are based on. If you get enough successful Blacks the higher ups at the NAACP would have to go out and earn an honest living.

As far as the NAACP being a private organization, that can decide who it wants to associate with, I have no problem with that. I just wish that the same went for the Boy Scouts, the Augusta National Golf Club and the Young Men's Christian Association.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Yeah lets judge the entire convention by this one lady.
Classic.

Is this the Tolerant Progressive Liberals we're all suppose to pattern ourselves after?

Is she the spokesperson for all progressive liberals?
Since she in intolerant,yes I am saying she is being intolerant, then we need to mass generalize?
And if this convention wants to block speakers in its private event then it has every right to do so.
She may not speak for all "progressives", but the actions of the NAACP do. They are obviously not inclusive and feel a threat to there existence and funding if an alternative is offered. That's why they have not included the people in the video in their speaking agenda. So yeah that woman's words probably do represent the overall position of the NAACP.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
of course they are met with hostility, what national or state programs and/or laws have been legislated by conservatives that help minorities get ahead?....talk is cheap, show action by passing laws that help them.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

I know exactly what you mean.

It was a tactic tried by the republicans after the civil war. They used the newly free uneducated slaves as pliable voters.

Now its the democrats it seems that are doing it.

Blacks are not inherently stupid as my friends who are black are very smart successfully people. But they were never "Ghetto dwellers" they were brought up mixed in with whites in middles income areas.

What keeps them down is the crude hip hop ghetto culture, the victim culture ect. If they spend less time whining and more time working then they would be successful like the people they resent!

Being blacks not the problem. It surrounding yourself in a negative culture that is.

Exactly. That very culture becomes a self fulfilling problem.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
of course they are met with hostility, what national or state programs and/or laws have been legislated by conservatives that help minorities get ahead?....talk is cheap, show action by passing laws that help them.

No, they are met with hostility because they come with a message of individual economic freedom and opportunity and are against handouts and set asides that have actually kept minorities as a dependent class since LBJ's "great society."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join