It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Conservatives Met With Hostility, Harassed at NAACP Convention...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: txinfidel

She does not stand for the entire organization. Lets get real here

Sure she does, what is a group made of? Individuals, and like minded people tend to hang out in groups that they agree with.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The entire organization is intolerant, thats the point.... I think.

If white people made an organization it would not be politically correct.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

So you think the "progressives" as a whole don't feel the way this lady does about the "tea party"? Ok. Check. I don't believe you, and couldn't care less if you refute it. I for one am not convinced, and I think I speak for many when I say I'm pretty sure the majority on the left share exactly the same sentiments of this woman. The NAACP is among the most racist, self-entitled, judgmental, self-segregated and holier than thou organizations on the planet as far as I'm concerned.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Yes and I will add to that if one person in the NAACP has these views they are shared and they were taught to her and she does represent the whole NAACP

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

No I cant speak for what progressives think as a whole, I am sure there are some that feel the same and there are some that don't agree with her at all.
I am glad that you are able to.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I am sorry is that not what this entire thread is about? Calling the people at the NAACP intolerant based on the one video of this lady?

OK, Fine, let's go back in time a little.

Yes, you're still talking about the Tolerant and Forgiving and Loving ,,, you know them as Live and Let Live Progressives Liberals at the NAACP.

edit on 22-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Getting denied to speak or attend a private convention is not having your civil rights violated or being intolerant. It's their convention, they can run it as they want.
And they did get their booth and their opportunity to spread their views at the convention. No they didn't get to speak so maybe they can go on Fox News and cry about it agian
edit on ndTue, 22 Jul 2014 01:58:10 -0500America/Chicago720141080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

No I cant speak for what progressives think as a whole, I am sure there are some that feel the same and there are some that don't agree with her at all.
I am glad that you are able to.

While that may be the case I can be confident that your projected ratios are skewed.

I questioned members of my local naacp chapter during the last presidential election. When I attempted to inquire what policies and or actions deemed Obama worthy of being re-elected I was met with dumbfounded reassurance.

They seriously reminded me of some dumb hillbilly clan members. Ignorant views fueled by hate and clad with supposed and unjustified indifference.

Supposed "victims" in a world filled with peril...No class, color or creed withstanding...

Yea...Cry me a damned river...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor
So your long and short is people voted for him just cause he was black.
I would agree with you there.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

And they did get their booth and their opportunity to spread their views at the convention.

No they did not get a booth at the convention for the NAACP the year of that video.
They were denied.
It's a Private Organization, Really? They do like to refuse a Conservative any contact with their members,,,,, What do you think their Afraid of?

With a membership of over 500,000, the NAACP is primarily a volunteer organization whose strength derives from its deep roots in local communities. It is the nation’s largest and oldest civil rights organization.

Yes. Much of the progress blacks have achieved over the past century is directly attributable to the NAACP. Long before such causes became popular, it led the fight to stop lynchings, to secure the right to vote for all Americans, to end segregation and discrimination, and to insure equal justice for all.

The answer to the question appearing above can be found by looking at your television news programs or reading the papers, or perhaps through personal experience.

The struggle for equality and freedom has not been won. Try imagining what life would be like for black Americans without the NAACP to fight the battles.

LINK
All I can say is, L B J,,, said it, I didn't.
I'll Have
Voting Democrat

edit on 22-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

You realize that your op is about them inside the convention right?
Yes I know they the year they went on Fox they didn't get it, but they did eventually.
And was your point of them being a volunteer organization supposed to make them not private? Cause you seemed to have a problem with me mentioning it is a private convention.
What does lbj have to do with this? Or are we back to using one person to mass generalize again..

Good idea taking that one down
edit on ndTue, 22 Jul 2014 02:33:22 -0500America/Chicago720142280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on ndTue, 22 Jul 2014 02:36:07 -0500America/Chicago720140780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Is she the spokesperson for all progressive liberals?

A good representation of them.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Boo hoo... NAACP where mean to some conservatives lets all comfort them and mock the NAACP now... No... Have some respect they have come a long ways they can tell a couple of nerds to get lost. They can't because they are also black? That makes no sense. Only white people are fascinated by this stuff..... Jeez...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The title of this thread should be, "Teabaggers confronted by woman" lol.. "MET WITH HOSTILITY, HARASSED!"

Can somebody explain what this video is supposed to prove? What does it matter if they are black tea party drones rather than white? Stop race pimping. The teabagger tries to go the shared experience route (classic Alinsky!) and she shuts him down. Toward the end, the upset woman is asked, "So can you tell me in general terms what about their presence here has you upset?" Her response?

"It has me upset because the billionaire Koch brothers is funding the FreedomWorks. So my question to them is just wondering if you don't stand for the values of the NAACP why do you want to part of this organization unless you just want to dismember it."

Are the billionaire Koch brothers funding FreedomWorks? Why yes, yes they are. In fact, FreedomWorks is an offshoot of CSE, a group which was founded by David Koch. Clearly she doesn't appreciate astroturfing (who can blame her?).

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Supposed "victims" in a world filled with peril...No class, color or creed withstanding...

Gee, that sounds like the majority of American conservatives since 2008.

Yea...Cry me a damned river...

That's pretty much how I feel about the blathering from the OP's source. The NAACP doesn't want the Tea Party speaking at their gathering? Oh well. I wonder how welcome black NAACP representatives would be made at the average Tea Party convention? Here's a joke that was told by Inge Marler, a board member of the Ozark Tea Party, at the annual Ozark Tea Party rally on June 9 of 2012:

“A black kid asks his mom, ‘Mama, what’s a democracy?’
“‘Well, son, that be when white folks work every day so us po’ folks can get all our benefits.’

“‘But mama, don’t the white folk get mad about that?’

“‘They sho do, son. They sho do. And that’s called racism.’”

That joke pretty much sums how totally divorced from reality some of these people have become.

EDIT:

source
edit on 2014-7-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
this thread is basically a propaganda hit piece against the NAACP. I didn't listen to the video so I don't know what was said, but come on the Koch brothers? really? It seems evident the OP will be hiding under a rock. LOL

Why can't black people have an organization? We have been marginalizing dark skinned people for centuries.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel
a reply to: rockintitz

You better think like us or we'll pass some legislation to make you think like us!"

Amend that to "You better like us or we'll pass some legislation to make you like us!"

amend that to you better like us or you are racist, even if you are also black.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
this thread is basically a propaganda hit piece against the NAACP.

I would say this was a very successful hit piece against the NAACP. It will stand as such, because the NAACP didn't come down on 'the village idiot' like a ton of bricks.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
All I see is some dumb women getting irate over a none issue.

Those successful black conservative will likely forget what happened and go back to there hotel rooms and have a nice meal.

She will likely go back to whatever hovel she lives in in still irate to feast on whatever ever crap she got with her food stamps,.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I'm actually glad this happened. I hope more conservatives of every ethnicity pay attention to this. Because we're making an impact. If we are being met with such hostility, then it means that we are relevant.

The conservative movement won't be bullied away. It won't be threatened away. It wont be pushed away by the IRS, by the progressive movement, by certain quarters of the government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join