It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Conservatives Met With Hostility, Harassed at NAACP Convention...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
First off, let it be known, I used the Search Function and found no current thread.
If the MODS feel this is in Error, please delete.

Now, Can you believe this, Yes, the title, These Black Representatives attend the NAACP , Yes, Yes, Yes, Their Conservatives,,, God Help Them,,, But still, shouldn't they be allowed to tell their side.
This lady flats come out and says, You're Not A Member I Don't Care What You Have To Say!!!! Can You Believe That!!!
Talk about Closed Minded

After years of rejection, black conservatives were allowed a single booth at the convention this year, but they’re still locked out of speaking at the convention.

As minimal and restricted as their presence is at the NAACP event, black conservatives are still met with open hostility by NAACP faithful because they fail to toe the Progressive line. Yesterday, conservatives Deneen Borelli, director of outreach at FreedomWorks, CL Bryant, a fellow at FreedomWorks, were harassed in the convention hall just because they are conservatives.

This was an awful display of intolerance by a group that claims to fight for inclusion and tolerance in society.

Apparently, if you do not toe the liberal line you are not welcome at the NAACP.

On Monday, these shunned black conservatives will hold their own “Empower Liberty Summit” in the same hotel, directly across the hall from the NAACP event. It’s the only way their voices can be heard.

Progressive day

Is this the Tolerant Progressive Liberals we're all suppose to pattern ourselves after?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wheeew !!!

puts a whole new meaning to their name "NAACP" doesn't it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

You would think the NAACP would welcome _any_ successful 'person of color' into its ranks. If the video is an accurate representation of what the NAACP stands for today ... maybe people ought to consider freely associating their name with them as an organization.

That just looked like ignorance on display.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
From the NAACP website

excerpts;

Our Mission

The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination. ...

To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens .....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Its a pity party and you're not invited!

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

"You better think like us or we'll pass some legislation to make you think like us!"
-progressives

She's against freedom of speech? Has she ever heard of Martin Luther King Jr?
edit on 22-7-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

You better think like us or we'll pass some legislation to make you think like us!"

Amend that to "You better like us or we'll pass some legislation to make you like us!"

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm surprised the lady didn't call them "uncle toms" to be honest. Until the "progressives" finally see just how racist they and the NAACP truly are in every sense of the word, the whole "divide and conquer" strategy will continue to work in full force. It's only working due to the "entitlement" mindset so many on the left have for their select groups of people.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Yes sadly they might repeat the same mistakes, they claim victims of.

To not learn from history is to repeat it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Yeah lets judge the entire convention by this one lady.
Classic.

Is this the Tolerant Progressive Liberals we're all suppose to pattern ourselves after?

Is she the spokesperson for all progressive liberals?
Since she in intolerant,yes I am saying she is being intolerant, then we need to mass generalize?
And if this convention wants to block speakers in its private event then it has every right to do so.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Nevermind.. translation error just reread ..
edit on 22/7/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Not surprised in the least .. typical attitude of most conservatives is that unless your white .. rich and christian you dont matter..

Completely wrong and baseless accusation. How can you talk for an entire group of people you know nothing of? This type of attitude is what keeps progressive racism alive and kicking in America. Oh yeah, it's racism and the LARGEST amount of it belongs to holier than thou "progressives". Congrats for buying in to the divide and conquer BS expat, I expected a lot more from someone with your kind of wisdom.

EDIT - I see your edit, I hope what you said was a complete mistake.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes unfortunately she took it upon herself to represent the whole movement.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Is she the spokesperson for all progressive liberals?

Perhaps not all.

But I bet She does plenty of "thinking out loud" for most.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I am sorry is that not what this entire thread is about? Calling the people at the NAACP intolerant based on the one video of this lady?

This was an awful display of intolerance by a group that claims to fight for inclusion and tolerance in society.

Form the source article..... How was it a display of intolerance by a group of people when the video is of one lady?
And don't say that not allowing them to speak at their convention is intolerant, that is completely in their right to do so

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

No she didn't, she expressed her own thoughts as a person with personal views.
She does not stand for the entire organization. Lets get real here

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Sure.

But it is also our right to call them out.

They are an intolerant cult of hatred.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Do you disagree with her? Had the roles been reversed, what would you think? Don't try to cover up your bias because it's pretty dammed obvious.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No perhaps about it and you know it.
And keep assuming all you want, we all know what that leads to.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Try and read all the post and see that I said that she was being intolerant. So if the rolls were switched then we would still have one intolerant person yelling at two people.
But that does not mean we get to make the giant leap and say the entire convention and organization was being intolerant

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join