It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid Had It Right About Immigration !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
U.S. Senator Harry Reid (D,NV) currently Senate Majority Leader wrote an op-ed piece in the L.A. Times about immigration.

And seems he actually made some sense.

One suggestion was to "Cut Legal Admissions by Two-Thirds" !!!

And a few other real juicy comments including bashing the Administration and Congress !!

“The federal government has been grossly irresponsible in its neglect of mounting immigration problems, even as these problems place unbearable burdens on states like California,” Reid wrote at the time. “It is regrettable that states have reached a point where the only avenue they have for justice is the courts. It is even more regrettable that this Administration and this Congress stand by and allow the federal courts to decide the nation’s immigration policies.”

“Taxpayers simply cannot continue to sustain new populations the size of San Diego or the state of Nevada every year,” Reid wrote, adding “California is sending up the red flag that Washington should heed. Unprecedented demands are being placed on job markets, schools, hospitals, police, social safety nets, infrastructure and natural resources. Unlimited new arrivals pressuring these systems threaten to overwhelm them.”

^^^^ This was in 1994 !!

In the early 1990s, Senate Majority Leader Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) proposed a piece of legislation that would have cut legal immigration significantly to protect against what he claimed was a serious threat to American workers’ jobs.....

"My legislation calls for a reduction of legal immigrants from the current level of about 1 million admissions a year to approximately 325,000. Even that more realistic level means 25,000 newcomers entering every month, looking for jobs, housing and education."

Harry sings a different song today 20 years later.

Wonder what changed his mind ?

Harry Reid was Against Illegal Immigration Before He was For It

PERSPECTIVES ON IMMIGRATION : Cut Legal Admissions by Two-Thirds : Immigration: A senator offers a 'stabilization' bill

edit on Jul-22-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hahahaha! Politicians! They talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Obama claims this recent wave of illegal children was a surprise. I'm beginning to seriously worry about his mental condition. He is either grossly incompetent, unable to operate on a presidential level, mentally detached, or is just outright lying to the American public.

Politico had a piece from Sept. 2012 about the illegal child immigrant problem. That was 2 years ago! They knew it was on the rise.

Child Migrant Problem on Rise

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wow.

So he won some elections.

And now were stuck with him.

FOREVER

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I shouldn't even blame the politicians anymore. This guy has been in office so long because mindless sheep go to the voting booths.

People need to wake up. And soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Now the border patrol are being told to release all pregnant women even if they just say they are pregnant!

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That was before he sold his soul to the Devil.....

Or before dementia set in
--Remember he just said the southern border is secure--
Yeah right, that's a good one

Regardless, he needs to go
No more career politicians

Term limits for ALL!!!!

edit on 22-7-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Exactly Snarky. I'm telling everyone, no matter what party you belong to, ALL self serving career politicians must be voted out of office. The inner network has to be broken for anything to change. I think I'm getting through to some people I know.

Des

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Progressives like Harry are plastic bags floating in the winds of life. They stand for nothing of real substance. This is why the progressive ranks are filled with young people looking to change a world they do not understand, and older people who never grew up. If you are not a progressive liberal by the time you are 20 you have no heart, if you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have no common sense.

Personally I think the PTB have done this for a reason just like ruining the economy. They want the simple minded to demand and beg for change. And you had better believe they will offer us all some real change in the very near future. The new normal will be total control over everything you hold dear.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"What difference does it make?"

edit on 22-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: xuenchen

"What difference does it make?"

This has more "Pazazz"

and Harry picks up on it too !!

Harry Reid On Bergdahl "What Difference Does It Make?"

www.youtube.com...

edit on Jul-22-2014 by xuenchen because:

new topics