It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you live Off The Grid? List your area here so others will know Where they can move to

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Well I am sure they will not be searching for a tiny little family causing no harm to anybody. I would imagine that would be used for the more radical people/groups.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Most of us are not hiding from technology. We are trying to get away from the clear and present danger of humans. We have become dangerous to each other because of the times. Need to ride it out somewhere away from humans. The Prophet Jesus said to head for the hills during these times.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
its doubtful anyone will reveal good locations, but in my search for land for off grid living i learnd one thing.
in canada if the land is more then 75 km away from a township you do not require pemits to build a house or whatever else you had planned

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I know a great place right here:

40.425685, -111.934134

Come on by anytime.....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Why would anyone in their right mind wanna share their resources with out-of-towners?

Just look at how the poorest populations on earth make it. That's a cue on how to do it. If you know someone who has a good bit of land, maybe they will let you live on the edge of it. No one would know where you are then. Live off the land.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.off-grid.net...

This website works for all countries.
It teaches you how to live off the grid, how to build things etc.

It even has a live map showing : people who are willing to help you go off grid, people who are looking, and land that is for sale to go off grid.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No matter where you live population is a factor. More people/more rules.

Our county is 1600 sq. miles with a population of 6500. We're one of the poorest counties in the state. There's simply not enough of us to care about, unless you have kids of course. We're the "orphan county" the red-headed step child of the state but it's absolutely beautiful out here.

People come in buy land but find going off the grid is harder than they thought. Kids can change things a bit. You will have to comply with state law concerning them.

Childless couples/singles can live however they want out in the county. Building a home or putting in a septic system/water well requires permits/inspections. Some people get around that by bringing in campers/RVs/train cars/semi truck trailers and old trailer houses. Outhouses are an option.

We provide water/septic and firewood for heat. We have electricity to run our water system but we can manually dip water from our 1200 gallon cistern and we can store an additional 700 gallons in mobile tanks. There have been frequent power outages over the years and we manage just fine.

It's best to have water wells tested, they're not always safe for drinking. County residents can buy city water at a station in town for watering livestock or for homes without wells or if they're unsafe for drinking. I've seen people haul water in 50 gallon drums. So far even severe drought hasn't impacted that service.

Some land developments have covenants. Our development went bankrupt so they no longer apply. We bought a fixer upper, lots of them out here. Original owners typically put in services first but they might need repairs etc. Having them in place can be a huge savings if you later decide living off the grid isn't for you.

Our taxes are low. If there's no utilities and no permanent housing structure the land is considered undeveloped and taxes are even lower, if it's undeveloped with grazing cattle it's cheaper still. You can charge for cattle grazing on your land and if you have a surplus you can sell firewood. It can pay the taxes.

Maintaining your own infrastructure isn't a walk in the park. You'll have to cut/maintain your own access road if there's no county access. Our road was private. After the development went bankrupt and because some families lived out here with kids in public schools, our road was designated a county road. Even though the kids have all grown up or left we're grandfathered in, the county still maintains it...well sort of.

My best advice is to find a low population area no one cares about. We don't have emissions/safety testing, as long as we stay on county roads we can drive a POS held together with duct tape or ride a horse.

It's funny city people buy land out here then ask about hooking up to city water/sewers LOL. One family bought land 20 yrs. ago, told us to call them when the road's paved. We haven't made that call yet.

We've seen so many people come and go. Just because living off the grid is doable here we haven't seen too many actually do it. There has been more interest since pot was legalized but so far it's mostly tourists, a few have permanently relocated here but there's lots of room.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

OP you mention living on the land with no restrictions..........No one has land in the US. It is rotten from the very core I am sorry to say. Also a thread asking people to do this is kinda sketchy......And no I do not think you are sketchy or had any idea it might come off that way. I often like your posts......Not this one.
edit on 22-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Where on earth is this place sorry ??

Where are you from ? a reply to: Morningglory

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Does that mean you won't teach me the ancient ways of the samurai?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: Expat888

Does that mean you won't teach me the ancient ways of the samurai?

Sorry .. not taking students currently .. its a large responsibility to take a student as the teacher is responsible for the actions of the student also with students its a parent/child relationship ..

Currently between other matters needing my attention .. along with normally sticking to training of clan members .. wouldnt be proper to take on students at current time .. plus have very high standards that look for in students .. over the years only seen 9 non-japanese that would consider as students .. am constantly striving to improve my skill even at my age there are techniques am working at perfecting .. also students need to understand learning is lifelong and also includes art .. literature .. music .. theres far more than just weapon skill involved ..

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: fitnessguru

Where on earth is this place sorry ??

LOL I gave you a clue.

I'm in Huerfano county, CO. Huerfano means "orphan" in spanish. Very fitting imo.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
How do you guys living in remote locations make a living .. that is make a da dinero?

You gotta buy some stuff right?

Do you have to hunt?

---

Also after you buy the land, do you have to keep paying taxes on it?

Just wondering..

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Garden .. fish .. trade with the local hmong . at times provide medical treatment as am a physician/surgeon trained in western medicine and tcm (traditional chinese medicine) now semi-retired ..

Do just fine dont need all the unnecessary rubish people seem to think they need to live and dont give a tinkers damn in hell about money theres far more important things in life than damn money and material rubbish ..

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Living in the remote and independently takes skills. If you know what your taxes are every year, find a way to make that money and pay it, every year. I know people who sell their fresh produce, herbs to restaurants and make enough money at local farmer's market each year to pay taxes. Just for some ideas. If I were younger I would look into growing hemp for clothes and all kinds of other products. People are into that stuff now. Not the wealthy, but everyday people.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Thanks for replies.

I would like to live closer to nature but seems like impossible to get there. Stuck in an overpopulated city for now.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
In rural areas, the civil authority doesn't provide water and sewer, so they don't care whether you are connected. Same with natural gas. As long as there is an electrical connection to the border of the property where you claim to reside, they don't much care, either.

Someone could actually have a shed near the road, with a mailbox and an electrical line running to the road. The only constant power usage would be for a freezer. Properly insulated, a good freezer uses less than $45 a month. And some foods are a lot better frozen than canned---meat, especially. But heck, vegetables you're going to eat in the next 90 days; it's hardly worth the effort to can them for a measly 3 months, when a vacuum sealer is cheap and quick.

So imagine a shed with a basic kitchen for processing food, and a small workshop. The "resident" would only use the kitchen during seasons of harvest in the garden, or after a hunting or fishing bonanza. Maybe once a month, and sometimes just for the electric light after dark. After all, it's possible to can produce without electricity, but if it goes past darkfall, it's a pain to do it by lamplight.

The authorities don't really care, as long they they can check the little box on their forms that say you've been properly pigeon-holed. They don't care if you have a toilet; just that you have a septic system. And it's not like they are going to call the local septic service to see how often you get your tank cleaned.

You can live anywhere you want to on your property. Al you need to satisfy them is to have a box they can check on their paperwork.

So you have kids, and you own a rural property, and there is an electrical connection, and you have a cell phone (that's only on once a week when your wife calls her family). It's not like there is a minimum electrical usage in order to "reside" at an address. And no bureaucrat is going to drive out 15 miles past where the pavement ends, just to see whether your kids are emptying their bowels over water.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

If you are between 20-40 and healthy, nothing is impossible. If I could offer some suggestions. Have a 5 yr plan. In that 5 years, start downsizing now, get out debt, save money to pay cash for land or a big chunk down payment. Even if you have to live in a dump for five years. Watching a savings account grow makes it worth it. I know you can buy rural land in Idaho for less than 100K, a lot less. Of course, it will not have power, roads etc.. We have been eating out of our garden now for 3 weeks. I use to have chickens, but can't have them in town. All I need from store is milk and bread. You do not need to eat three big meals a day, just a waste. Just some ideas. Always work for yourself by putting everything toward your goal. Also, hone your skills in that five years. Mechanical, plumbing, electrical, other forms of energy, always a problem. That five years will pass like the blink of an eye.

I can tell you one job that is and will be in great demand, is an all around handy man. My husband is disabled now from an illness. I could sure use one.
edit on 23-7-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
www.off-grid.net...

This website works for all countries.
It teaches you how to live off the grid, how to build things etc.

It even has a live map showing : people who are willing to help you go off grid, people who are looking, and land that is for sale to go off grid.

Good luck!

GREAT LINK which the OP may find very helpful.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BugOut

Salt Lake?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join