It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist Ken Ham calls to end space program because aliens are going to hell anyway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't think the point is that they will go to hell but they choose to not go to heaven due to previous battles with earthlings even though they have been invited.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Hey I'm just a provider of truth. I just want to make sure we deny ignorance. If during the course of denying ignorance I happen to show that the real truth is just as dumb as the distorted one, then hey what can I do?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I don't think the point is that they will go to hell but they choose to not go to heaven due to previous battles with earthlings even though they have been invited.

No his point was clearly that aliens aren't children of adamn. Only children of adam can go to heaven. Therefore aliens cannot be saved. Therefore they cannot exist. Therefore we are wasting our time looking for them. Never mind that one premise (aliens cannot be saved) doesn't lead to the next conclusion or that you cannot disprove aliens just like you cannot disprove god. Read my post on the previous page.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lets keep in mind Ken ham hasn't got a clue what logic is...

Heres an example of logic according to him...

Noahs ark took 2 of all species... some of which were carnivores.... but at that time they didn't have to worry about the lions and tigers eating the other species of animals whilst on the ark...

They were vegetarian...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t Well put. I say that his view is not completly false though. Just off by much. I think all humans are from adam now in the flesh we all have some of the bloodline but some of us are completly different creatures at heart. I say aliens walk among us in human form but have been engauged in spiritual warfare and that due to grudges from the past they will choose to not accept the invite of there enemies. As far as space exploration goes if anything of what i said is true that they are here then guess what the best way for them to keep us away from there home would be. Supression of technology and society. I say that planet earth is the battle grounds for mental glatic warfare and the goal for each side is to gain a home that is free from influences of the galaxy.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I had never noticed the fine margins of difference between the real Alien believers and religious people until
this thread.
Now I'm not saying neither exist I'm just saying neither have been proved and yet people are willing to fight and squabble over it. The human condition I guess.

Yet out of the 2, aliens now look more likely to exist than God (in my opinion based on the basic science I know and having a religious upbringing) interesting times.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon So do you believe that GOD has no ability to step in and control our emotions and supress our desires if he so chooses? You must have thrown the part out the bible about everyone and everyhing getting along in the end.

edit on 22-7-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lets keep in mind Ken ham hasn't got a clue what logic is...

Heres an example of logic according to him...

Noahs ark took 2 of all species... some of which were carnivores.... but at that time they didn't have to worry about the lions and tigers eating the other species of animals whilst on the ark...

They were vegetarian...

Yup vegetarian. So he not only put 2 of every species on the planet onto an ark (somehow making the carnivores into herbivores), but he also put enough food on said ark to accomplish this as well. Oh and the dimensions of the ark are laid out in the bible. So you can do the experiments yourself to see if this is even possible.

link   
In effect, he invents a new status for them, halfway between animal and human.
But he can't have it both ways. If they are not "human" enough to be saved, then they can't be "human" enough to fall, and they ought to be numbered amongst the animals.
It might be more sensible to conclude that intelligent aliens who "hold dominion" over their home planets have enough of the "image of God" to be counted as "sons of Adam" in a non-literal sense.
That follows the precdent of the previous version of this argument, about whether the God of Israel could be preached to the Gentiles, or whether he was reserved for the "children of Abraham".

edit on 22-7-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: Akragon So do you believe that GOD has no ability to step in and control our emotions and supress our desires if he so chooses? You must have thrown the part in the bible about everyone and everyhing getting along in the end.

Doesn't that violate the doctrine of free will? Granted, I'm not sure what the bible's position on that is...
Do humans have free will?
edit on 22-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Akragon So do you believe that GOD has no ability to step in and control our emotions and supress our desires if he so chooses? You must have thrown the part out the bible about everyone and everyhing getting along in the end.

Oh right I forgot he made them perfect... then decided to turn them into meat eaters once they got off the ark...

Makes total sense...

gimmie a break man...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t Well put. I say that his view is not completly false though. Just off by much. I think all humans are from adam now in the flesh we all have some of the bloodline but some of us are completly different creatures at heart. I say aliens walk among us in human form but have been engauged in spiritual warfare and that due to grudges from the past they will choose to not accept the invite of there enemies. As far as space exploration goes if anything of what i said is true that they are here then guess what the best way for them to keep us away from there home would be. Supression of technology and society. I say that planet earth is the battle grounds for mental glatic warfare and the goal for each side is to gain a home that is free from influences of the galaxy.

Uh... This is an interesting theory I guess... Doesn't make a lot of sense in practical terms and relies on MANY assumptions, but if that is what you want to believe ok.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t Well it was a time of destruction and we came close to being completly wiped out. At that point intervention was a necessity for our survival. We are at another point now of not having free will. This is in reference to all the talk of sending strong delusion.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wonder how the scientologists feel about that?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon I don't know if i would use the term perfect but there was control methoeds imployed along with what we would call majik. Afterall in other scripture we see a man being able to feed 5000 people from much of nothing. As far as the size of the boat he could have increaded the size by means we do not know. There are other myths that tell of someone being able to shrink a ship and put it in his pocket.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t Hey i agree that when we put all these stories and claims to the test of current logicial parameters it fails our test. It is my belief that we are missing several key pieces in our thinking that allowed for the super natural to be possible. Come on we are talking about aliens and possibly technology that could be an unphathomable amount of old in it's advancments compared to our current logic. They very well could have had much time to figure out all our reality.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Wait are you arguing that God is PURPOSELY making people hate and despise Him so that he can end the world? And you see this as a noble and divine cause?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t Hey i agree that when we put all these stories and claims to the test of current logicial parameters it fails our test. It is my belief that we are missing several key pieces in our thinking that allowed for the super natural to be possible. Come on we are talking about aliens and possibly technology that could be an unphathomable amount of old in it's advancments compared to our current logic. They very well could have had much time to figure out all our reality.

So a combination of AA theory and Christianity is what you are going with now?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: deadeyedick

Wait are you arguing that God is PURPOSELY making people hate and despise Him so that he can end the world? And you see this as a noble and divine cause?
Well i am folling scripture that states in the end he will send strong dulesion to the unbelievers. It could be interupted as a way of seperating the wheat and chaff.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t it is my strong belief that there are no coincidences and all myths are based on some reality that we no longer have a clear image of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join