It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist Ken Ham calls to end space program because aliens are going to hell anyway

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

hi - just my own opinion - but to respond to :

Though the non-Christian "pro-science" crowd seems to frequently want to paint all Christians with a Ken Ham shaped brush,

I don't think they do - BUT its the loons like mr ham and his kind that make the most noise and target the least educated - indoctrinating them with their lies

again - just my opinion - but mr ham etc are the most dangerous - as they are attempting to subvert education , scientific research and the legilistature of the US to fit their adjenda

and this must be stopped for the good of the US - that's why mr ham etal consume so much of the time / effort of the pro science crowd

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

And people wonder why religion causes problems....

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought only God could judge. Nice to see certain Christians just make it up as they go along.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

and this must be stopped for the good of the US - that's why mr ham etal consume so much of the time / effort of the pro science crowd

"...And the woman shall say 'Amen, Amen".

Hobby Lobby’s Steve Green launches a New Project: Public School Bible Curriculum

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread about this topic. Then I saw this one was older so I felt it needs to be shown. This is from Ken Ham's blog talking about the article in the OP. It shows that actual text and not what was taken out of context:

Here's what he said completely and not out of context:

The Bible, in sharp contrast to the secular worldview, teaches that earth was specially created, that it is unique and the focus of God’s attention (Isaiah 66:1 and Psalm 115:16). Life did not evolve but was specially created by God, as Genesis clearly teaches. Christians certainly shouldn’t expect alien life to be cropping up across the universe. . . .

Now the Bible doesn’t say whether there is or is not animal or plant life in outer space. I certainly suspect not. The Earth was created for human life. And the sun and moon were created for signs and our seasons—and to declare the glory of God.

And I do believe there can’t be other intelligent beings in outer space because of the meaning of the gospel. You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation. One day, the whole universe will be judged by fire, and there will be a new heavens and earth. God’s Son stepped into history to be Jesus Christ, the “Godman,” to be our relative, and to be the perfect sacrifice for sin—the Savior of mankind.

Jesus did not become the “GodKlingon” or the “GodMartian”! Only descendants of Adam can be saved. God’s Son remains the “Godman” as our Savior. In fact, the Bible makes it clear that we see the Father through the Son (and we see the Son through His Word). To suggest that aliens could respond to the gospel is just totally wrong.

An understanding of the gospel makes it clear that salvation through Christ is only for the Adamic race—human beings who are all descendants of Adam.

Many secularists want to discover alien life hoping that aliens can answer the deepest questions of life: “Where did we come from?” and “What is the purpose and meaning of life?” But such people are ignoring the revelation from the infinite God behind the whole universe. The Creator has told us where we came from: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1; Nehemiah 9:6). And He told us what life’s purpose is: “Fear God and keep His commandments” (Ecclesiastes 12:13).

The answers to life’s questions will not be found in imaginary aliens but in the revelation of the Creator through the Bible and His Son, Jesus Christ, who came to die on a Cross to redeem mankind from sin and death that our ancestor, Adam, introduced.

We need to start proclaiming the authority of God’s Word from the very first verse—even on the subject of alien life! For more information on the supposed existence of ETs and other common questions about a biblical worldview, I encourage you to order The New Answers Book series from our bookstore. Or for witnessing purposes, we have a booklet that can be ordered in bulk with special pricing to help teach people the truth about aliens and UFOs and promote the gospel for your local church or youth programs.

Basically he is saying by using quotes from the bible he thinks that aliens cannot exist because they cannot be saved by God. He does this by saying that only descendants of Adam can be saved and aliens wouldn't be descendants of Adam. Therefore they don't exist.

It is still a bunch of dumb reasoning. For one angels are aliens, or at the least extraterrestrials they don't come from earth. Hell god is an extraterrestrial. But it isn't as outright ludicrous as what HuffPo originally reported.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I never heard of this guy. Most everyone I know and asked, including some Christians don't either.

So, why is he relevant? Its not like he has any pull with space policy makers.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
bible the way it is written and re-written, is to manipulate humans to believe in the true abomination yah. Others call him Lucifer because he is a weak he stuck into the 4th density, he cannot go further, he needs to upgrade, tries to get into higher density by genociding and stealing worlds, a kind of pirate.

Thats my personal opinion. And its not only judaism, islam is a copy paste from judaism and the ancient god of china is the judaism (jade) judaism combines babylonian magick and kronos with jade, mix. In all these religions, it is always have to do with Kronos (saturn or sabbaoth, or the bull king in china, against the jade empire)... its the corrupted atlantians and the hybrids.

Bible says : sick no gold, gold is "mine" lol and even he says that at the end he will depart... So people fighting and killing each other, who is going to be the chosen of "yah", islam believes are the chosen, jewish believe they are the chosen, china in the ancient scripts have that also, even if they claim that they dont believe anymore, corrupted ones (globalists) try to find a place into the rebel ships, so after he destroyes the planet and take all resources, to take them with him. But honestly, those chosens, have they ever considered, if this scum keeps his promises? He is a pirate after all. Or even if the conditions of that treep, to depart the solar system, is applicable for them as humans?

The true god is Zeus (actually is the father of human race and the father of all), that is why they hate him so much, they call him satan, 666, but even though the cross that everybody wears, is the true symbol of zeus, that nobody tells you that. That protects you from them, thats why they hate cross so much.

Its not peoples fault ofcourse, nobody will accuse people, with memories erased, raped by these atrocities, the manipulation is deep and only 1 race will deeply pay even for its entire existence for it, the corrupted atlantians. It is them who manipulated, created religions and the system also turn into black magic and sacrifices... they always acted as intermediaries between east and west... its an ancient alliance and now that they brought their agreement nearly to the end, they seem to love the power they got from the rebels and they cant let it go.

Lets see what happens next, because they forgot the 3rd power, beyond kronos and dragonians, Zeus, he havent answered yet to all these atrocities in a planet that these 2 dont even have the right to exist on it.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
I never heard of this guy. Most everyone I know and asked, including some Christians don't either.

So, why is he relevant? Its not like he has any pull with space policy makers.

I think this is an extremely relevant question.

Ken Ham is becoming a household name that supposedly represents Christianity. I think, like Klassy suggested, that this is done intentionally. For what purpose though?

I think there is a lot more going on here than just some random guy saying silly things. There is likely a reason he is receiving the amount of publicity he has been, but those who constantly attack Christianity certainly seem to love him!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
We tried to tell Bill Nye not to do this debate, that he was just feeding this nut job's credibility.

"Scientists should not debate creationists, period"

edit on 22-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I feel terrible for this guy. He is obviously a throwback to a time when humans believed themselves and their world the "center of the universe." This doesn't leave him anywhere to go when the evidence prove otherwise. It's a horrible trap, and it can't be overcome in the minds of those who believe the Bible to be infallible, rather than just one perspective of God, told by primitive desert dwellers on one part of the Earth.

I suspect that if God exists, it set in motion the creation of the entire universe, and none of that was revealed in the Jewish Bible. Stubbornly clinging to an incomplete, and hopelessly dated worldview is not a key to enlightenment, or to a reunification of spirit. Hamm is like a "doctor" who still believes "bleeding" the patient is the key to recovery, doesn't believe in germs, and never sanitizes his instruments.

No wonder his perspective is so shallow.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
"Insert ALOT of bad words and flames towards ppl like him"

Liar Liar pants on fire...
If there are no aliens "HOW THE BEEEEEP can they end up in hell"

And for their information, WE are allready there...
Called POLITICS and RELIGION
edit on 2014/7/22 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Nice to see the reading comprehension on ats is still so low

3 pages In and no one can bother to read or is being honest

He is simly stating that if there is a god then there are no aliens

Therfore they will not go to heaven or be saved or go to hell

Or even exist

edit on am720143111America/ChicagoTue, 22 Jul 2014 11:21:17 -0500_7u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

He is simly stating that if there is a god then there are no aliens

Therfore they will not go to heaven or be saved or go to hell

That's not exactly what he's saying, because he's using circular logic to claim it:

And I do believe there can’t be other intelligent beings in outer space because of the meaning of the gospel. You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation. (Source)

Ken Ham logic:

1) Aliens would be sinful
2) Aliens cannot be saved (they'd go to hell, per the title)
3) Therefore, aliens cannot exist
4) Therefore, stop looking for them

He's obviously embarrassed about it, but if you take out the "aliens would go to hell" bit, his argument against them existing vanishes.

Never mind that it's a completely stupid argument that only a literalist would take seriously.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

"IF there is a God, AND he exists exactly as is told in the OT = Infallibility of scripture;" the main reason why people who aren't already in the club refuse to become members. We simply don't believe in infallible stone-age Jews (or anyone else for that matter) and do NOT accept the argument that the words written by individual men about cosmic God are infallible because they say they are.

There is no reading comprehension issue. We simply reject the entire premise.

*I have no quarrel with God, and have no issue with a universe where a creator exists, life is plentiful and diverse and local mythologies are incomplete, even when they insist they are not.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Howwould yiu know? His blog hasent been linked here yet

Here is a much better thread but here we are anyways

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on am720143111America/ChicagoTue, 22 Jul 2014 11:40:38 -0500_7u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Howwould yiu know? His blog hasent been linked here yet

How would I know?

Click that little "Source" link after the quoted text in my post -- it brings you to Ham's blog, where I copied that text from. The statement that aliens cannot be saved is a direct quote from Ken Ham.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You "source" is raw story

Not his blog

If u had linked his blog yiu couldnt have made your claims

I dont like ham

But I like bs used to ridicule a group of people less

Eta but they cant be saved d bcause they dont exist

Why cant anyone seem to comprehend this?
edit on am720143111America/ChicagoTue, 22 Jul 2014 11:57:27 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You "source" is raw story

Not his blog

Click "Source" in the quoted text on THIS POST, not the OP. That takes you to Ken Ham's blog, and you'll see that the text I quoted in that post are Ham's own words.

ETA:

Eta but they cant be saved d bcause they dont exist

No, that's not what he said. They can't be saved because they are not descendants of Adam, not because they don't exist.
edit on 22-7-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I appologize I see yiu finally did link the blog

Where he states

I dont believe aliens exist

Its in yiur quote . The very first thing

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

LMAO!!

Oh dear... and the GF likes this guy

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh wow thanks for finding and posting that. It definitely deserves this which I have been saving.

If we do find ET life in the near future I wonder what kind of mental gymnastics he will jump through then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join