It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Breaks Monthly Heat Record 2 Months in a Row

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So, alot of people don't understand what is really happening. Gonna put it simply:

More of the suns rays get trapped because of gas and pollution.
This additional warmth gets trapped in the sea where the coolest water has been on the bottom.

Bottom temp has risen for a looong time. As the sea temperature aproaches the outside temperature be ready for an extreme rise. I am talking 10-20 degrees C in a matter of a few years.

There is a line in the sand, and we have alteady stepped over it. We can't stop this. It's inevitable.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Come to Arizona. I ride my bicycle everywhere, and I don't complain. Well, sort of....

Kratos...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Would love to see some evidence supporting your hypothesis that it was hotter 200 years ago.
a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Does anyone else see the irony of so many people buying in to Global Warming 100%, on a conspiracy site, where on ANY other topic they doubt every single shred of scientific documentation?

For example, in spite of the millions of lives that vaccinations have saved there are dozens of threads doubting their usefulness and if you post something from a peer-reviewed journal in favor you're called a paid shill. But turn the tables, post something from a journal that calls in to question the veracity and speed in which global warming may be occurring at and you'll be told you have your head in the sand.

So from what I've learned is that science is good and the governments have your best interest in mind, but only if you agree with it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I never would have guessed, as over here in France this month has been rain, clouds and cold, instead of heat and sun as is usual for July.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

I was reading the comments beneath a reddit post about how the USA is number one in Climate denial (not to be confused with holocaust denier, it simply means disagrees with the consensus (Can you put parentheses in parentheses? Anyway, consensus exists despite what Anthony Watts (admitted to being paid by big oil) says.)).

...anyway don't shoot the messenger

its not surprising considering the money thrown at the propaganda; its like a really old white rich man's hip hop video.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

G,day mate.
well , i can see these people have not been looking to hard
brisbane has had its coldest morning since 1911.
its been around freezing in the alice er alice springs and it did not get over 10 bloody french degrees here for a friggin week and it was minus 1.5 here this morning
we are having a very cold winter and
friends in the states er USA tell me they are having mild weather and rain instead of heat and sunshine

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
definitely no global cool down in Vegas. it's hotter than hades here.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
definitely no global cool down in Vegas. it's hotter than hades here.

G,day mate
hmm that bloody hot hay
may i suggest some cold purified amber coloured fluid. one must keep up ones liquid in
take during summer

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
Does anyone else see the irony of so many people buying in to Global Warming 100%, on a conspiracy site, where on ANY other topic they doubt every single shred of scientific documentation?

For example, in spite of the millions of lives that vaccinations have saved there are dozens of threads doubting their usefulness and if you post something from a peer-reviewed journal in favor you're called a paid shill. But turn the tables, post something from a journal that calls in to question the veracity and speed in which global warming may be occurring at and you'll be told you have your head in the sand.

As they should, and as they should with anti-vaccine baloney. Also the question is "which journal"? There are a number now of pseudoscience "journals" invented for political reasons. Most people don't understand the actual state of legitimate research and can't distinguish good science from BS, or radically misinterpret the meaning of some papers.

So from what I've learned is that science is good and the governments have your best interest in mind, but only if you agree with it.

Deny Ignorance, in all forms.
edit on 23-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I actually bragged it was cold enough this winter in Georgia I was able to wear all my winter clothing at least once. Up until then I had long sleeved shirts from 2 years prior still wearing tags.

Don't get me wrong; summer here is always hot. But this one has been mild in comparison of years passed.

A couple of years ago I asked my great grandfather if he ever remembered it being so hot many years ago. To my surprise he said..."Yes but we weren't all pansies back then".

I believe he was right.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Besides having a drought it's not that bad... Compared to about 8-10 years ago when it was 110+ And a lot of heat related deaths across the US. It might be bad some parts I the world but only the US matters......

edit on 23-7-2014 by 3u40r15m because: Typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join