It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction Movie - The Story Behind the Movie, and a Movie Poster Giveaway!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
You must be doing a great job because I've seen the trailer before here in UK. I have no idea when or where but can't wait to watch it!
I will probably enjoy it even more now that I know you guys back stories

If your in the UK the movie is coming out through signature August 25th
www.signature-entertainment.co.uk...
They changed the artwork for some odd reason for the UK release. I never approved it or saw it before today. funky!

Here is the UK itunes link.
itunes.apple.com...
edit on 22-7-2014 by MattyBeckerman because: added the UK iTunes link

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

Google play won't let me buy it!!! Stupid region restrictions!!!

I'll suss out the itunes and amazon options

There is a great distribution company in Australia called Pinnacle who are distributing the movie there.
www.pinnaclefilms.com.au...

I am not aware of a release date there yet. But it couldn't hurt if you reached out to them on facebook or twitter and asked. Maybe you can let me know. Once it leaves the US I have very little control over what happens, and they don't tell me anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Enjoyed reading you and Rob's story man, you sound like a good friend to have.
I'll watch your movie when it's released.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hi Matty
Great looking movie and I'll be checking it out soon.
I saw that Rob logged on and I hope he chimes in too about the film.
Also, I really enjoyed THE EXPERIMENT, it was well done.
Do you guys have more ideas out there for future projects?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MattyBeckerman

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Got mine on Amazon, and framed it, its hanging on the wall next to my autographed pic of Candyse McClure (Battlestar Galactica) and my Betty Hill star map.
I'm working on my nerd corner of my living room

Hey Matty, you gonna join us for the 'Great ATS meetup in Brown MTN, NC'?

Sometime in September, wanting to see when's good for the rest of ATS that hopefully wants to participate
When are you planning the Brown Mountain meetup?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

sweet poster, do you have behind the scenes video on the dvd?
edit on 7/22/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
it looks really good im going to get it

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Awesome, I liked the trailer, may as well go for it, long time not seen some movie of that type, looks promising.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I bought this too, the day after it was released on iTunes... another really great movie that kept me on my seat right till the end (albeit a little non-action in middle) ... well done. I kept pausing it in the tunnel scene.

Now just to try and find SERES movie.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Got mine on Amazon, and framed it, its hanging on the wall next to my autographed pic of Candyse McClure (Battlestar Galactica) and my Betty Hill star map.
I'm working on my nerd corner of my living room

Hey Matty, you gonna join us for the 'Great ATS meetup in Brown MTN, NC'?

Great ATS meet up in Brown MTN, NC? Um when??! I will bring food!!

I will be going to amazon here shortly and I will have to order one. Where did you get the Betty Hill star map? Amazon? I'd love that too. Heck my sons room is nerd central! He has aliens and space stuff on the walls. A Star Wars shelf dedicated to Star Wars memorabilia. I'm painting Yoda and Darth Vader on the wall. I might have to add a non creepy gray alien to the wall line up too!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

If the "meetup" is in September I might be able to arrange an ATS News special if Matty can handle the film crew end of it. ;-)

(post by JackSylvane removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Are there any posters left?? I want one!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Armadall

Have you done what it takes to get one?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I have done what it takes but not sure where to send the
information. Thanks. I did send Matty a U2U with proof of
purchase & an Amazon Review but I forgot to include name
& address.

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 2272014 by Ektar because: left out info

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shadow watcher
Hi Matty
Great looking movie and I'll be checking it out soon.
I saw that Rob logged on and I hope he chimes in too about the film.
Also, I really enjoyed THE EXPERIMENT, it was well done.
Do you guys have more ideas out there for future projects?

Hey Shadow,

Matty just introduced me to this forum and it seems like there's a wealth of valuable information here. I'm in the process of moving "off-grid" myself and I wish I had the time to be more active, but I'll check in as frequently as possible.

Napoleon said, "Space we can recover, time never." I repeated this quote in my head every day and I made certain that I would use this time as wisely as possible. If other men my age were in college receiving an education, then I would educate myself.

Dr. Charles William Eliot, President of Harvard from 1869 to 1909, and cousin of T.S. Eliot, famously asserted that one could obtain the elements of a liberal education by spending no more than fifteen minutes a day reading from a collection of books that could fit on a five-foot shelf. When news of this proclamation reached the publishers at P.F. Collier and Sons, they saw a golden opportunity and challenged Dr. Eliot to compile such a collection.

The challenge was accepted and a year later the 51 volume anthology was complete. Originally known as Dr. Eliot’s Five-Foot Shelf, the collection is now referred to as the Harvard Classics.

Almost a century later, at the age of 18, I was sentenced to five years in prison for aggravated assault. I ended up in the Albert C. Wagner Youth Correctional Facility, a prison reserved for violent offenders between the ages of 18 and 25. The institution, one of the State of New Jersey’s roughest, was commonly referred to within the prison system as Gladiator School.

It was here that I first stumbled upon Volume 3 – Bacon, Milton’s Prose, and Thomas Browne, brought to my dormitory by an inmate/librarian on a cart. With more than the recommended 15 minutes a day to spare each day, I devoured the volume and was left hungry for more.

I was working in the officer’s dining room at the time and my duties granted me access to the “street food” which was prepared for the staff. With the inmate librarian as hungry for the bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches smuggled back to the dorm in my boot as I was for the next volume from Dr. Eliot’s Collection, a bargain was quickly struck and my education began. The curriculum prepared by a long dead academic. The tuition prepared by an African American prep cook named Wiz from Asbury Park.

All told, I ended up spending eight years in prison before I started getting my life together at the age of 28. In that time, The Five Foot Shelf was consumed.

So you see, Matty wasn't lying when he said our lives took divergent paths, but my time in prison was not wasted and while learning how to navigate a landscape ruled by violent gang members and dirty cops while managing to never join or take any #, I also learned some other stuff.

At any rate, Matty and I were destined to work together, not simply because of our friendship, but due to the fact that we compliment each other so well. It's a cliche, but we truly are the proverbial yin and yang. We're opposites in more ways than we're alike and I don't know if we could have made this movie if that weren't the case. Mainly because Matty is something of a believer and I am something of a skeptic.

We did a TON of research going into this. I watched every documentary, read countless eye witness accounts, studied footage, spoke to eyewitnesses in person, etc. A lot of what we saw might make the average person's skin crawl, but it didn't move me very much. I HAD spent ten years in the prison system and worked another five as a union ironworker, walking 4inch beams 250 ft in the air. There wasn't a lot that would actually scare me. I don't rule anything out - you can't prove a negative - but there were only a few events, such as the Phoenix Lights, the Battle of Los Angeles, Roswell, and the 1952 White House Incident, that really blew me away.

So I focused less on the aliens and more on the challenge of writing a good found footage film, because in my opinion, there had only been one good one, Blair Witch Project. When I saw BWP, I, like everyone else, thought anybody could pick up a camera and head out to the woods for a night and come back with that movie. But if you watch the found footage films that have come out since and you see how many pitfalls they managed to avoid, you begin to realize the genius of that film.

For example, regular movies are filled with expositional dialogue that fills you in on the backstory of the characters. The second you try that in a found footage film, the whole illusion collapses because that's not how people actually talk. So I really examined how these movies worked and tried to figure out what rules we needed to adhere to, and which ones we could throw out.

The rule we thought we could break, and did break, was the one that said these movies had to be a whole lot of build up for one crazy scene at the end. We wanted action. We wanted a rollercoaster ride. We wanted to establish strong yet flawed characters early on and then throw everything and the kitchen sink at them. One of the things I'm proud of about this script and this movie is that none of these characters are stereotypes. When you think you have them figured out, they surprise you.

That's how people are. It's human nature to profile people and put them in a box, but, as Buddha has said, "Nothing is as it seems, nor is it otherwise."

I'm rambling now. I'll check back in tomorrow night.

Signing out,

~Robert Alvin Lewis

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar
Pretty hard to send a poster without knowing where to send it to.

(post by Jonro removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hey Rob Thanks for jumping in with more history.
As a stranger out there reading your words, I am proud of your bounce back and wish you well.
You two do seem to compliment each other like you said. Keep up the good work and let that darker side manifest in projects like this. The truly scary stuff lives in there.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: robertalvinlewis

Welcome to ATS Robert. I mean that man, WELCOME.

Mark...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join