It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard students invent cake from a spray can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

For two Harvard University undergrads, what began as "an excuse to eat a lot of cake" may turn into the invention of a lifetime. John McCallum, a 20-year-old from Louisiana, was daydreaming about cake his freshman year during his “Science of Cooking” class when he happened to see someone spraying whipped cream and thought to himself, why not spray cake? Is that possible? He and his girlfriend and fellow student Brooke Nowakowski went on to prove that it is, winning first place and $10,000 in the 2014 Harvard Innovation challenge, reports ABC News. Their "Spray Cake" involves spraying cake batter from a can, then cooking it for one minute in a microwave. You can also cook it in a traditional oven, and they say it will cook faster than typical batter because the spraying helps release air bubbles inside, prompting it to rise in the absence of baking soda or baking powder.

The ultimate test, though, came when the duo recently took Spray Cake—which, with just 30 seconds in a microwave, can also make cupcakes

I don't eat cheese from a spray can, and I'm not gonna try this either. It just doesn't look right. But, very interesting... and very quick if you have a severe munchie attack

Link
edit on 21-7-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
LOL

Thats not cake!
I dont know what it is but it's NOT cake!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
gross

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Link please?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Link please?

Link added, my apologies.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I like cheese from a can! Yummy......not sure about the cake batter.....

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How is this not getting more attention?! CAKE IN A CAN PEOPLE. CAKE IN A FREAKIN CAN. The best part is after spraying this culinary miracle, in just about 1 minute, you've got yourself a cake.

30 second cupcakes? How awesome is that?

I can't wait to get my hands on some spray cake. Then I'll have something to munch on while I'm lamenting my lack of a jetpack, flying car or second home in a Martian colony.
edit on 2014-7-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Looks like they invented the "Spare Tire for your car" from a can. Blyuk

edit on 21-7-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

originally posted by: calstorm
Link please?

Link added, my apologies.
Thank you. I really wish I could debunk this.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

and people wonder why obesity and health issues exacerbated by diet are on the rise

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Does anyone else agree that they could just sit around all day and squirt that batter into their mouth?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
College kids are gunna luv this. Cake in a can. They all have microwaves in their dorms. This will be the stocking stuffer gift of choice for them. I can see all the flavors now ....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm sure this is really good for your health.

Not.

Certainly stretching the concept of what can call itself food...

top topics

join