It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divinity Original Sin , RPG Perfection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If you like RPGs that challenge you to think about the way you approach situations and battles this could be the game you've been waiting for , Divinity is is both old school and new in its approach to the RPG genre.

I've been playing Divinity for about a week now and have to say that as a seasoned RPG player it's a breath of fresh air , for the first couple of hours the choices are bewildering and the battles tough but as the game progresses and I became familiar with the mechanics it all started to fit into place , this game treats you like a gamer with very little prompting or hand holding and almost instant death should you go blazing into fights with anything or anyone a couple of levels higher than your party , thought and planing are the order of the day here , pick your skills and perks wisely and remember your actions in the game world have consequences.

The game currently has a metacritic rating of 87 with a user score of 9.2 and from what I've played of it so far is deserving of the praise it has received , if you like RPGs that give you a challenge then I have no hesitation to recommend Divinity Original Sin.

For me it's a 9.5 out of 10

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Looks interesting, is it a Steam game?

I'm a long time WoW player, not really into turn-based games, but I've seen a few that have piqued my interest, this is another one.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I can not wait to play this. When I have some disposable income I can justify spending, I will get this. I am still mad I did not get in on the kickstarter.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Definitely a must buy!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Yes $39.99 on Steam , it's receiving regular updates although I've not experienced any problems so far.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

WOW I have been thinking about buying Divinity Original Sin for a month now and i have to agree that it really does sound like a breath of fresh air thanks for the review gortex. We may not always agree but its good to know that your RPG lover. I will be downloading this off Steam this Friday.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My husband pointed it out. He really likes turn based stuff and likes the idea of us playing it together. I'm not as much into turn-based RPGs, so I'm much more leery about spending the money on it for me.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

so it's finally out, eh? (thanks for posting)
i likes me some turn-based RPG
when i start jonesin' for it, i break out the old SSI D&D games
probably won't end up playing online again..
..these days i'm too busy makin' tinfoil hats

..loot some bugbears for me

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Wow!

Thanks gortex, that's a gaming light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel, huh?

It looks really gorgeous and the trailer featured everrything I look for in RPGs. I've been dabbling in Path of Exile, but it doesn't hit the spot and I won't D3 and have been burned out on D2LoD so have been playing D1 and Dwarf Fortress.

But this'll do the trick; I can't wait.

edit on 21-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
hmmm...
why do all the cool units like RPG's?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I like the look of the make your own feature at the end I am currently into LBP2 on PS3 in the middle of making some epic levels with all my free time at the moment, I always wanted to make my own proper game but all the coding bores me plus in the end its better to play one some one else made then make one and no surprises sounds more fun than it is lol

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Very cool, I've been itching for a good rpg for a long time. I'll probably buy this when I have money.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I played this for a little while

I feel horrible its harder these days to hold my attention in games.....

I am however looking foward to the new Dragon Age

top topics

join