It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old guy back after a period of time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hello all,

As the header says I am an old guy.I was actually one of the first 100 who signed up when ATS began.That was along time ago and a different world for us all. I posted a lot then. but things when odd and I stayed away forgot my screen identity my login my e-mail I used etc. So here I am starting anew with my "hat in hand" asking to participate in the forums.

A little about who I am.I am retired military. I retired 20 years ago. During this time I participated in many confidential, discreet, secret activities of national security interest. All were of a secret nature. i took an oath and have never disclosed what took place to anyone.I recently learned that all secret activities and events are automatically declassified after 30 years if there is no national security threat now on the information being disclosed. It has been 31 years now.

I am also a autodidact.With a tested IQ of at least 165. I joined Mensa at age 18.
I also have a 90% comprehension and retention of all I read see hear and even smell and touch. My senses are heightened. The military knew this and I was used as a "observer" when they needed to know something and believed they were getting false information. I would go in and investigate.The closest thing I can relate to this is internal affairs in the police force.But in my case nobody was aware except my control officer.

I was in the Navy doing this.If you read in the news of a senior officer or enlisted having been relieved because of poor command climate then know that someone like me was in their command for a few weeks observing. I usually went in as a reserve doing my two weeks drill time. People are wiling to bitch and complain if they know you are leaving in a while.I was at a rank that was high enough(E-6) that both junior and senior enlisted were comfortable in talking candidly to me.Junior officers also would talk freely after a beer or two at command picnics and such.I laugh about it now because I have actually been in contact with a few I met then and they still have no clue of why I was there and why the X.O. left suddenly.

Well that is all I will talk about now.I have so much more to relate so check back on my thread here.I may not post anything in the open forum, so look here. I am going to be relating to you things that no ones has ever considered. I have such a odd ability to remember things and find correlations in other seeming random events. A Navy psychologist told me I had the ability to use both sides of my brain at the same time. I was the only person he had ever met that could do that. He mentioned I was most likely the most intelligent person not only in the Navy but the military.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blindedbybelief

Sounds like your just the guy that is needed around here ...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I truly enjoyed your introduction, and I look forward to seeing your posts and comments.

Welcome back

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Hi blindedbybelief, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Wow, nice intro.

Sounds like you have plenty to offer us. Look forward to reading more.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Quick question if you can retain 90% of what you see and read then how come you can't remember your old screen name?

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hey Navy! Nice to see somebody from the inside of it.....we seldom get inside stuff on the Navy world...
Any idea if they really do have off world officers?
Or maybe you know of the shot down craft they recovere4d from the waters off los angeles in 1942?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I wondered that, and decided that the answer may well be "bernard"

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Intro great !
Expectations higher !
Not hypnotised by intro weres the meat ?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Quick question if you can retain 90% of what you see and read then how come you can't remember your old screen name?

Welcome to ATS.

LOL

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You are either Bernard or Dr Manhattan

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Is it summer holidays already?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I see bernies out again .. or is it bernies clone ?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought. Fits the profile doesn't it? I mean, who blows their own horn so loudly like that? C'mon.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
who's Bernard?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Bernard Schnitzel or some such spelling. He is a guy who periodically sets up an account around here under different names and posts this kind of stuff. Strings people on for pages and pages with promises of pictures of stuff and secrets that he knows, etc. and never produces a thing. This thread has his smell about it.

edit on 7/21/2014 by wtbengineer because: to add clarification

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Bernard Schnitzel or some such spelling. He is a guy who periodically sets up an account around here under different names and posts this kind of stuff. Strings people on for pages and pages with promises of pictures of stuff and secrets that he knows, etc. and never produces a thing. This thread has his smell about it.

0h, cool,I'm bored

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Interesting to admit you're blind?

new topics

top topics

join