It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just joined.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

This is very cool.

I joined a few minutes ago and as I was looking through the many forums I noticed the Introduction Forum so I decided to introduce myself.

I’ve visited several ‘conspiracy websites’ as a user never as a member. Of all the websites I have visited ATS is the best of the bunch.
The variety of topics is intriguing and the quality of the website is impressive. I like how the topics are user generated which is important because they’re topics the members want to discuss not some idea generated by a suit.

I enjoy many types of conspiracy theories but for me to truly enjoy an idea or for me to investigate the theory it must make sense. Some theories are entertaining but a bit farfetched.

For example, over this past weekend I was watching CNN. A family member of one of the victims of Malaysia flight 370 was being interviewed. She implied there is a connection between the disappearance of flight 370 and the recent shoot down of flight 17. I thought to myself it would be a bona fide conspiracy but highly unlikely.

After reading many articles from various sources and watching hours of news coverage I feel flight 370 had a major mechanical failure. It’s possible there was a failed hijacking attempt but until we find the airplane none of us will know the truth. An act of terror seems unlikely mainly because no group has claimed responsibility.

Let us assume for a moment that flight 370 was taken down by an act of terror. In order to connect the incident to flight 17 we would have to assume the people who took down 370 were Russian separatists or a terrorist organization that infiltrated territory controlled by Russian separatists. In addition the terrorists were able to commandeer a BUK M1 missile station and were trained in its operation. Sell it to Hollywood. It’s highly unlikely.

This is an example of a conspiracy I find difficult to believe. Outside of the obvious my question is what is the motive? What did the people gain by downing two airplanes?

A lot of conspiracy theories make you think and make you want to investigate the facts. For me those are the best stories and the reason I finally joined.

Most of my responses or statements won’t be nearly this long. I enjoy a good conspiracy but if the conspiracy doesn’t make sense it’s just a bunch of crazy talk.

I hope to share thoughts and chat with you soon.

edit on 21-7-2014 by justanothermember because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2014 by justanothermember because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: justanothermember
I joined a few minutes ago and as I was looking through the many forums I noticed the Introduction Forum so I decided to introduce myself.

Welcome to the forums.

Hopefully someone will be around shortly offering you a plate of cookies. I hope they get here soon because I am hungry.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: justanothermember

Welcome to ATS. You sound like you'll fit in just fine. Here's your welcome cookies...

See you in the forums.

Des

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

LOL. as promised. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hi Jam, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hello and welcome! Better get the coffee on the go. There's plenty to get your teeth into on here.

See you around the threads!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sauron

Thank you for the info.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

There is a lot to investigate. I hope to chat with you soon.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Welcome to the ship. Make your 20 posts and then thread away! You know we got cookies (ran out of milk...and that soy stuff tastes terrible...) but we still have cake and brownies left. (No pie, it goes really fast!). So make your tinfoil hat and grab a plate....

We are in fact a great family (yes...for the MOST part) to be a part of. If you have any questions or ideas...just ask and someone will be along shortly to answer them....or to tell you why your question's completely wrong!

Peace Mysterioustranger

new topics

top topics

join