It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space aliens walk among us? Indeed, claims retired Temple prof

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
Have you talked with any other shops/vendors in the area? It would be interesting if any naked hippes walked into a thrift shop, dressed and then left without paying. Kind of like the Terminator...

When responding to a thread, it really helps if you have actually read it. I answered your question already but thanks a lot for your interest....

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks olaru12 for the story and yours...

Now I have to ask....Surely you have Surveillance video recording in your shop? Would you be willing to share this video with us?

Thank you
tom

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: wutz4tom

Thanks olaru12 for the story and yours...

Now I have to ask....Surely you have Surveillance video recording in your shop? Would you be willing to share this video with us?

Thank you
tom

Sorry, we don't have surveillance video. None of the shops in our little retail conclave have video options, to my knowledge. The shops are so small the attending shop keeper should be able to keep an eye on the customers.

edit on 23-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mary Rose

originally posted by: olaru12
articles.philly.com...

If a professor is retired, he is now free to speak his mind.

Listen to him.

How much do you want to hear?
badufos.blogspot.com...

it’s anything but a typical abductee’s experience: violent sexual encounters with a human/alien hybrid; a request by the good Doctor (Ph.D. in history, non-medical) to send him her panties, unwashed, so they could be tested for alien sperm; and a proposal that she wear a chastity belt with nails across the vaginal opening, which he’d locate for her from (in Jacobs words) “a sex shop that specialized in bondage/dominance, a place that I frequented quite often.”

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: leopardpimps

i think there could be substance to this , once when i was in mc donalds having dinner with my two sons there was a couple with a little gril and they was all staring at me in the que .

so much so i felt uneasy, i hid behind my boyfriend at the times shoulders and burred myself into his chest but they was leaning around to look at me like i was some kind of freak.

i was really scarred . we sat down to eat and they sat opposite and was staring underneath those high tables you get in the middle to look at me eyes bulging for a good twenty five minutes all three of them .

i was so distressed i had to leave we literally ran to the car and they followed us out. i am convinced they was aliens . sounds nuts but i just had that feel and so did my boyfriend .

we speeded all the way home and talked about it for days they was really interested in me and my son . i am not sure why.

Just hope i am not one of them >......

Vampires...saw it on Twilight Saga...you smell good to them nice blood!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
To a specie that's a billion years more advanced we'd look like drooling vegetables at best.

Human arrogance causes us to have a false belief that "We're special". I agree, there's probably billions of life forms in the universe. Only reason we haven't found them is due to our ignorance. Human kind is at its fetal/infancy stage and requires much more time to mature. However, If (And its a big "IF") we make it without self destructing ourselves then perhaps we may reach out next evolutionary step.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No worries. I'm at work and don't always have time to browse thtough pages and pages of replies...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind that.

Although it would be way more plausible that they don't abduct these people but simply do something to them in their sleep (Or not who knows, not like we would notice with a Type 3 Civi)

While I don't believe any of this because there isn't one ounce of proof, I can see something like...

Invisible Alien enters your home and touches a Male and Female who now carry some DNA from aliens.
Male and Female make a baby that is 1/3 alien.
That baby becomes a scientist or something very important.

The seed was set for a better humanity.

# I wish.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Their spoken English had an accent I couldn't identify

What did they say to you and what did you hear them say?
Could they have been from another country and not sure what you asked, maybe not understand the currency. The cards would be a tourist type of buy...still it does sound extremely strange and i would not write off your instincts or interpretation.

When they came in the shop I greeted them with my usual "howdy, If I can help you, please let me know" they said thank you and the lady asked if I was the owner of the store and I said "yes mam" in my usual affable Texan drawl.

So, you are Texan and you are saying these people spoke with a European accent you didn't recognise so that must make them ET? Right, ok. That sounds like the only possible explanation doesn't it?

Probably not the right explanation...we have pens in Europe and wouldn't be amazed at seeing one, even a disposable one.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Sounds exactly like the black eyed kids phenomenon (excluding the sense of pure dread and black eyes of course). But they're usually in clothes that totally don't fit in with this era and have really random crappy accents. Or maybe I'm just really stoned. Maybe both

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
David Jacob has established through his research that the abduction phenomena seems to come back to one answer as to motive, the development of Alien/Human Hybrids that, after enough generations of the program, will result in Hybrids that can not only live on Earth, but blend in.

Has he proven that Alien Abductions are what they seem at face value? Perhaps not, given the burden of proof that many would require. He and others have shown a consistent pattern of experiences, including many details that aren't well known to the interested public. If it's not a real experience, but instead some shared delusion, that would seem to point to a delusion spread through a collective consciousness, or a script for shared delusions somehow embedded in our DNA. No matter what the explanation, the nature of the phenomena deserves serious scientific study. Those who just ridicule or dismiss it outright aren't scientific thinkers, they are dogmatists.

Occam's razor is often trotted out when it comes time to evaluate the best explanations for controversial topics like this. The problem with Occam's Razor is that judgements about what make the simplest explanation are based on one's subjective view of reality. When the scientific establishment believed the world to be flat, Occam's Razor would have preferred the theory that if one sails far enough in any direction, one will fall of the edge of the world. When Earth was considered the center of the universe? That the Sun revolved around the Earth and the stars were fastened to a globe that marked the boundaries of God's creation. What is simplest in one person's eyes, based on one's understanding of established knowledge is not necessarily the simplest or most logical for someone with a different understanding.

"But my views aren't subjective, they are based on the objective established views proven via the scientific method". That's fine for things science have proven, but our science is almost certainly primitive, fragmented and incomplete. We have proven the mechanism for heat and we know how to accurately measure it. We know with almost absolute certainty that when the reading on a thermometer goes up, it's because the temperature has risen, not that a gremlin or ghost willed it so.

However, we know nothing about how science centuries or eons more advanced may have solved the hurdles of interstellar travel. We have no idea how prevalent space fairing races are. How long they have been space fairing. How far they have colonized. What their lifespans are. What timescales their civilization is willing or able to apply to projects like colonization and exploration. When one can accept our profound ignorance on many factors that apply to the question of "how likely is it really for extraterrestrials to be visiting Earth?", Occam's Razor fails utterly as anything other than the desperate defense of ignorance.

Back to Jacobs, if your understanding of reality allows for the abduction phenomena being real, not imagined events, then Jacobs' conclusions based on the data he has collected make perfect sense. Does accepting his hypothesis as viable mean that the most likely explanation for people acting as the OP described is that they were aliens? I would say no, but I would say "they could have been" and assign a much higher probability than the 0% chance that an absolute Jacobs/abduction denier would.

The problem is that some have had first hand experiences that have convinced us that we are being visited by non-human intelligences. We are beyond the need for proof, we know. There are others that are equally convinced that there is zero possibility that we are being visited. They lack the experiences of those who know we have been visited and chose to dismiss even the possibility that what abductees have experienced are anything other than lies or delusions. Then there are those who are some where in the middle who want some sort of proof that those who have had real experiences can't provide.

The dogmatic disbelievers probably will never believe until they themselves experience, or a sufficiently large percentage of their peers experience, or come to openly accept as possible, (or even likely), what they now see as impossible. For those who are in the middle, Jacob's work may not be proof of anything absent personal experience, but there is definitely enough here for the open minded to consider what his data might suggest if that data represents actual experiences and not some mass, shared set of delusions.

edit on 24-7-2014 by Totemic because: Grammar

edit on 24-7-2014 by Totemic because: Punctuation

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Totemic

If it's not a real experience, but instead some shared delusion, that would seem to point to a delusion spread through a collective consciousness, or a script for shared delusions somehow embedded in our DNA. No matter what the explanation, the nature of the phenomena deserves serious scientific study. Those who just ridicule or dismiss it outright aren't scientific thinkers, they are dogmatists.

Humans share many common psychological phenomenon. We dream the same things, we are subject to the same optical illusions, we generally react predictably in similar situations, etc. So I don't believe that you would really need to stretch far for an explanation if is really the case that abductions follow a certain pattern of perceptions.

My personal opinion is that using hypnotic regression to "uncover" memories of abductees is probably the worst approach. I believe that the only thing that will be accomplished is the creation of a confabulated memory at best. At worst, you have people trusting someone like Jacobs who will inevitably ask you for your soiled underwear. There is no professional standard or scientific method to what he claims. The credibility of this person is less than zero.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I had one of these experiences about 25 years ago. I was in Ponderosa Steakhouse with my wife and we are in line behind this couple. They seemed normal but just moved very slow. If you remember, Ponderosa has a large illuminated menu board with meals, descriptions and prices. Not to mention the 'Steakhouse' part. Anyway, they step up to the cashier and he asks if he can take their order. They ask for a menu. He points to the 8x10 foot wall. They look at it and ask what all they serve, do they serve spaghetti? He tells them no, just what's on the board but there is pasta salad on the salad bar. My wife and I are just dumbfounded over this and they end up ordering the hot/salad bar thing. We put in our order and also the food bar so we sat over near there and were watching. Unless it was a very recognizable vegetable they conversed over what it was and should they eat it. They tried to decide if fried okra was whale or not and didn't try it. No horse #. They nibbled and we gobbled, leaving around the same time. We saw them in a beat up old jap car with an Ohio plate struggling with a map.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have heard again and again... from people I know and trust and in a position to know, as well as just reading about it... that "they" are indeed here... though I don't, unfortunately, know for sure. It wouldn't surprise me one teensy bit, though, as someone is behind the strange tech seen... and it is seen.

I have certainly run into folks that might well be... but people are extremely variable as well, so who knows.

Some psychics I know have sworn to it, too, saying they've had telepathic conversations with them.... don't really know about that, either, but I believe they believed it.

One thing I will venture is that IF they look human, then we, too, are either from elsewhere or were gene spliced with their dna... as identical evolution on separate planets doesn't make sense... unless our science is totally wrong.

As far as your "hippies" ... fascination with a pen and no concept of "paying" are all indicative of a certain 3 letter drug that's an acid... as was alluded to before.

I would think the ETs would have been briefed on the local customs.
edit on 7/24/2014 by Baddogma because: typing with big fingers and small brain

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Hippies doing strange things, speaking with an accent, dressed odd, and not being able to follow simple directions. I'd chalk that up to hallucinogenic drugs or burn out by dope.

As to the thought that aliens walk among us. I think it's entirely possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Time Travelers. Got to be. "Honey, let's take that vacation to early 21st Century Earth! It's all-inclusive! You know all those decades look the same, and we may even get to eat whale!" - reply to cdwarior

Who's to say that the aliens we encounter aren't just us in some far off future? Ego-centric, I know. But I agree that humans can't be all that interesting to anyone else but ourselves.
edit on 7/24/2014 by Lolliek because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I had a experience once. Now it could have been completely coincidence or he was just that good..
Anyways I was living in kamloops British Columbia at the time and I was with my father roaming the streets of playa del Carmen in Mexico. If you have ever been to any Mexico city's they're are people everywhere trying to sell you things on the sides and dawn are they persistent. Now to my point, we were walking down the street and a guy standing beside a tourist stand alone called me over. It was different because most people are coming up to you and offering things. But he seemed sincere and spoke perfect English, so I walked over. And said hi. The first thing he asked me was "hey are you from kamloops by chance" my mind was completely blown by this and he said he has family there and thought of it when he saw me. Now like I said this was completely coincidence or he has the ability to read into people and find out things about them. Obviously he tried to sell me stuff afte, could it be possible that he knows he has this ability and uses it gain more sales by relating to the customer. I still think about it all the time to this day and I still do t know what to think
What do you guys think .

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'll ignore specific ad hominem attacks on Jacobs. Even if someone makes points worth discussing, when the discussion devolves in that manner, it just isn't worth trying to have that discussion.

I'm a little iffy on hypnotic regression myself. I've read Jacobs' work and I do believe his protocols were appropriate and he did take efforts to avoid leading his subjects. However, that's just based on the examples he's given. I think I'd need to listen to the raw tapes or read reliable transcripts to develop a more firm conclusion on his methods. I do think his work is worthy of more thorough study, but few want to actually push for a detailed analysis of his work, rather preferring to attack the man himself and make insinuations about the mental state and veracity of his subjects.

His work does coincide with the data collected by other researchers, but, again, too many would rather disparage them as well, or claim a conspiracy among abduction researchers, or otherwise dismiss them in the same ad hominem manner as they deal with Jacobs.

It's pointless to argue with the obtuse or those who seek to muddy the waters as a matter of intent.

We should be able to discuss the implications of his work and his conclusions with out having to battle with those who have no intent to do anything but disrupt, disparage and obfuscate. If you find yourself tempted to make an ad hominem attack, or reduce your argument to absolutes based on personal (dis)beliefs, you might want to pause and consider how that reflects on one's self and what it adds to the discussion.

For me, personally, I find Jacob's conclusions on the possible end goal to be darker than my own theories on the subject. It's easy to apply our sense of morality to the alien's actions and conclude that their modus operandi makes them sinister.

Are aliens, or what we consider aliens, visiting Earth? I know they are. Many who don't know wonder or suspect, those who say absolutely no will find nothing of value in discussions of alien actions or motive. The work of Jacobs, et. al., can't prove to anyone they are visiting, so threads like this are not about debating that question. A thread like this can look at this body of work with the assumption that we are being visited, whether from a position of belief, or as a thought experiment for those who still are unsure on the subject of visitation.

Hopefully we can bring the thread back on that track and those willing to absolutely dismiss even the possibility of these things happening can just chuckle to themselves over us ignorant fools and focus their attention somewhere else where they might offer something more constructive.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'll ignore specific ad hominem attacks on Jacobs. Even if someone makes points worth discussing, when the discussion devolves in that manner, it just isn't worth trying to have that discussion.

worse than ad hominem attacks on Jacobs would be posting his actual dialogue with one of his victims. Sorry, Jacobs should be disregarded period. He doesn't have anything of value to offer. I hope legal action is taken against him. Anyone who considers him legit should do a little research on the guy before buying into his crazy nonsense. Just google David Jacobs and soiled panties.

If you find yourself tempted to make an ad hominem attack, or reduce your argument to absolutes based on personal (dis)beliefs, you might want to pause and consider how that reflects on one's self and what it adds to the discussion.

Jacobs is worthless.

edit on 24-7-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

THANKS and welcome to ATS. Let me apologize beforehand for the insults and attacks you are bound to encounter
here! It's just the nature of the beast.

Mores the pity that most don't read the thread before posting?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join