It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SoHo photos VERY INTERESTING........or not, it depends on your views.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

If that pink thing was the sun then why did it look like the moon and also how did I take a picture of the sun setting in the opposite direction from the same area ? Yes, you're correct, I took the photo from Rochester, Minnesota and I don't remember what time it was but you're probably right about that too.

Here's a photo I took of the sunset last year from my camera (which I dropped and broke about a month ago)...

Kudos,

Antonia

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

The "bakeout" is a red herring.

Any idea why the website says

NOTICE: EIT is undergoing a routine, scheduled, CCD Bakeout.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov... ?

Puzzles me as well. That page may be out of date.

If you go to the history link then the last bakeout was June 13-23. If you run the image viewer at sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov... then you will see missing images during this period.

It is possible of course that another bakeout has started, but they seem to be done about every six months, so I don't see why another one would be done now.

The EIT instrument is no longer in full operation: for the past four years it has only provided a couple of images a day at each wavelength: Link.

If you want real-time extreme-UV images of the sun you are much better off with the SDO AIA.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Antoniastar

If that pink thing was the sun then why did it look like the moon and also how did I take a picture of the sun setting in the opposite direction from the same area ?

Well as I don't know exactly where you took the photo then I can't comment on the direction. The second sunset photo you posted doesn't have any EXIF data, by the way.

All I know is that on July 19, the moon didn't look like that. It was less than half full:

(from www.moonpage.com...)

The sun, however, does often look like that near sunset when there is a lot of haze:

edit on 22-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

On the 20th the moon had set by about 3:30 from your viewpoint. Your first pic is not the moon.
[ETA: I was going by your statement that you took the pic two days ago. If it was taken on the 19th like the EXIF says, the moon set around 2:30 that afternoon. /edit]

Here is one place you can check for that info

If that pink thing was the sun then why did it look like the moon and also how did I take a picture of the sun setting in the opposite direction from the same area ?
Are you sure it's the "opposite" direction? On May 7, 2013 the sun set around 8:15 approximately 294 deg azimuth. Today and two days ago the sunset is around 8:40ish around 294-298 deg azimuth.

If you can compare your location and direction for each of the two shots I believe you'll find you were facing the same direction basically in both.
edit on 22-7-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

Oh and RUSSO:

It seems the micrometeorites have hit the same spots again ???

what are the odds? How funny is that?

What do you mean, "again"? Do you think they just sent a repair man up to SOHO to fix it the first time? Do you have any idea where SOHO is?

ESA stated they didnt know what caused it, the only guess they had was SOHO was struck by a micrometeor shower and cause pinholing in the camera or something, which corrected itself.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Good question.

Probably they will tell you that it is because the damage.
edit on 22-7-2014 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Hello Antoniastar... nice catch... cant say what that is....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RUSSO

ESA stated they didnt know what caused it, the only guess they had was SOHO was struck by a micrometeor shower and cause pinholing in the camera or something, which corrected itself.

No, it didn't correct itself at all. It had to be compensated for using an additional internal filter, which was included in the instrument design for just such an eventuality.

EIT is equipped with an internal filter wheel that allows us to insert, for example, an additional thin Al filter to counteract exactly this sort of failure. This will require exposures 2 - 3 times as long as our current exposures (wavelength dependent).

umbra.nascom.nasa.gov...

It appears that in the image in question that filter failed for some reason, allowing the light leak to return. Notice how the light pattern is almost identical to the 1998 images. Since I wrote that last post more images have been downloaded and you can see that it is just a temporary glitch that was only present in one frame:

Good question.

Probably they will tell you that it is because the damage.

No, "they" (and I) will tell you that it is missing data, which happens all the time and is nothing to do with the damage. When the data is retransmitted the missing areas are usually filled in properly.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That's okay, I know exactly where I took the photo. No wonder I thought it was the moon that I was shooting, again, being that I took two different photos, one to the west (the pink sun) and one to the east (the bright sun).

Thank you for setting me straight. It makes sense now...except for the sun being in opposite parts of the sky. I'm okay with a pink sun (from sky-haze), a pink moon (from who know what), not so much.

EXIF data ... oh ? Doesn't ring a bell. I'll look into it, thanks again.

Antonia

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18182120]Rob48

No, it didn't correct itself at all. It had to be compensated for using an additional internal filter, which was included in the instrument design for just such an eventuality.

Yeah... you see? No need to send someone up there

It appears that in the image in question that filter failed for some reason, allowing the light leak to return. Notice how the light pattern is almost identical to the 1998 images. Since I wrote that last post more images have been downloaded and you can see that it is just a temporary glitch that was only present in one frame:

Wow... you really read the link i posted... Thats a relief.

Not wanting to be redundant here but....

It appears that the SOHO was struck by a micrometeorite shower in the early morning hours (UT) of 1998 February 4. As a result, all four EIT sectors now show light leaks,apprently the result of pinholes in the front filters.

Umbra

Micrometeorite shower, pinholes rings any bells for you? I would not call it a failure. And obviously some explanation would be given.

No, "they" (and I) will tell you that it is missing data, which happens all the time and is nothing to do with the damage. When the data is retransmitted the missing areas are usually filled in properly.

Nah... i will keep the "Venus reflection with some swamp gas and a nice micrometeorite shower" as the standard answer as always.

Should i thank you for your time?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RUSSO

Do you have a point? Do you think that there is a massive UFO next to the sun, or something? The "swamp gas" line ceased to be funny approximately 2 days after Men In Black came out, by the way.

Perhaps you missed this:

Light leak. One frame only. And why even look at the EIT anyway, when the AIA takes much better images at much more frequent intervals at this wavelength?

No need to thank me for my time.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snaffers

Well done,

That is hilarious.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
a reply to: Snaffers
LOL...

Are you saying Phage is behind the llightship refueling OR supplying energy to/from the sun?

Say it ain't so...lol

Lol, I think it's a Phage light. Meaning we need his super hero like scientific debunking abilities to make sense of this craziness.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Do you have a point? Do you think that there is a massive UFO next to the sun, or something? The "swamp gas" line ceased to be funny approximately 2 days after Men In Black came out, by the way.

Oh.. you just upset about me being funny? Or you upset because people dont swallow everything nasa says?

Did you read the word "apparently" in that link? That makes me feel they were not sure, you know?

Swamp gas will never stop to be funny btw. Better yet when nasa minions come with it.

What is not funny (ok maybe a little) is nasa and their standart answers. Sometimes different answers to a same kind of episode.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Did you read the word "apparently" in that link? That makes me feel they were not sure, you know?

Well it fits the observed effects, and seeing as nobody was there to look then they are not going to say for sure what caused the holes. But they do know for certain that there are holes.

Swamp gas will never stop to be funny btw. Better yet when nasa minions come with it.

Funny, I've never heard NASA attribute anything to swamp gas. That's a line from a film. You know, fiction. Tell me, how much swamp gas is there at an altitude of 1.5 million kilometres above the Earth where SOHO is orbiting?

Look.
1998 image:

Image from two days ago:

It's the same thing. Light leakage, which was observed on two of the four wavelengths ever since launch.

Why are SOHO images so popular with people spotting "anomalies" when they don't even know what they are looking at?

Do you seriously think you know more about these images than the people who built the instrument itself? Oh wait, maybe it's an alien spaceship tens of thousands of miles in diameter and NASA are just covering it up!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Well it fits the observed effects, and seeing as nobody was there to look then they are not going to say for sure what caused the holes. But they do know for certain that there are holes.

As i pointed out in my first post.

Funny, I've never heard NASA attribute anything to swamp gas. That's a line from a film. You know, fiction. Tell me, how much swamp gas is there at an altitude of 1.5 million kilometres above the Earth where SOHO is orbiting?

Funny how you think minions just apply to people that work in there.

It's the same thing. Light leakage, which was observed on two of the four wavelengths ever since launch.

Why are SOHO images so popular with people spotting "anomalies" when they don't even know what they are looking at?

Do you seriously think you know more about these images than the people who built the instrument itself?

You trying to win a contest about who post more pictures in this thread?

Funny i was one of the people to bring here the link explaining what it could be (based in that 1998 nasa answer). But yes i dont know what im looking at right?

I know lots of things... One of those things its nasa is not to be trust.

Oh wait, maybe it's an alien spaceship tens of thousands of miles in diameter and NASA are just covering it up!

You are the one is caling it an spaceship. Sorry to say that.

You sound like those old guys saying that would be impossible build heavier-than-air flying machines... Guess what? today we have planes.

Oh.. no... Nasa would NEVER cover up anything... They are as transparent as the government itself.

But you right... Continue to discuss it with you is pointless.

edit on 22-7-2014 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

On the 20th the moon had set by about 3:30 from your viewpoint. Your first pic is not the moon.
[ETA: I was going by your statement that you took the pic two days ago. If it was taken on the 19th like the EXIF says, the moon set around 2:30 that afternoon. /edit]

Here is one place you can check for that info

Are you sure it's the "opposite" direction? On May 7, 2013 the sun set around 8:15 approximately 294 deg azimuth. Today and two days ago the sunset is around 8:40ish around 294-298 deg azimuth.

If you can compare your location and direction for each of the two shots I believe you'll find you were facing the same direction basically in both.

Thank you very much for trying to help me solve this mystery.

Yes I know that's it wasn't the moon that I took a picture of. The sun is setting in the opposite direction than it did last year in the location of the two photos that I took. So no pink moon which is a relief.

May the fairies be with you,

Antonia

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You do realise that most of the EIT team are not even anything to do with NASA? Half of them aren't even in the US. NASA isn't some shadowy secret organisation.

Nobody is covering anything up in these images. How could they when there are lots and lots of solar observatories all around the world, and beyond, watching the same sun as everybody else. If there was anything unusual going on up there, thousands of people would know about it immediately.

If you think you know better, you tell me what it is. This thread is meant to be about answering the OP's questions about what is in the pictures, not spreading rubbish about NASA being untrustworthy based on your own prejudices.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RUSSO

Hello Antoniastar... nice catch... cant say what that is....

Hi RUSSO, thanks! I can't say for sure either cuz I'm not there but I'm not the only one who thinks that spacecraft are seen in and around the sun.

Here's a short video with physicist Nassim Haramein and William Shatner (James T Kirk of Star Trek) talking about ships coming out of portals in our sun.

Nassim Haramein has spotted Earth Sized Nephilim/Annunaki Sun Ships using our sun as a "Stargate" portal to other systems.

Earth Sized UFOs

May the fairies be with you,

Antonia

edit on PM7312014742pm2031pm by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The sun is setting in the opposite direction than it did last year in the location of the two photos that I took.

You are kidding aren't you?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join