It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure For Cancer In Cat Poop?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I came across the following today:

NY Daily News - Cat feces could contain the cure for cancer: report

Scientists are studying Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite common in cat feces, for the development of a cancer vaccine.
Researchers from the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H. have studied T. gondii's cancer-fighting abilities. When the parasite enters a human — via contaminated drinking water, undercooked and contaminated meat or even a cat's litter tray — cells that combat cancer are created in response. They said that cancer can halt a body's immune system, but T. gondii can help kick-start it again.

The researchers created a mutant form of T. gondii that they're calling cps. The mutant T. gondii was engineered to prevent reproduction in patients by removing a gene critical to the process. So far it has only been tested in mice with lethal forms melanoma and ovarian cancer. The treated mice are reported to have had a high chance for survival.

From IFL SCIENCE! - Cat Parasite Modified Into An Effective Cancer Vaccine:

"The biology of this organism is inherently different from other microbe-based immunotherapeutic strategies that typically just tickle immune cells from the outside," Fox explained. "By gaining preferential access to the inside of powerful innate immune cell types, our mutated strain of T. gondii reprograms the natural power of the immune system to clear tumor cells and cancer."

Cps was injected into mice that had lethal forms of ovarian cancer and melanoma and resulted in high rates of survival. In the future, cps could be a very potent treatment or vaccine for cancer patients that could even be highly personalized. Cells would be taken from the patient and exposed to cps in vitro, creating the desired immune response. The cps-containing cells would then be returned to the patient to fight the cancer and could even provide immunity against recurrence of that cancer type.

"Cps stimulates amazingly effective immunotherapy against cancers, superior to anything seen before," said Bzik. "The ability of cps to communicate in different and unique ways with the cancer and special cells of the immune system breaks the control that cancer has leveraged over the immune system.”

There's no mention of a time frame for when we might expect to see primate (let alone human) trials for a cps-based cancer vaccine but the researchers involved are saying this novel approach holds "incredible promise."

Most of us are most familiar with T. gondii, which is capable of infecting and being spread by virtually all warm-blooded animals, because it's estimated to infect as much as 1/3 of the world's human population. More disturbing, studies have shown T. gondii infection causes behavioral changes in rodents and there is some evidence that it may be linked to certain neurological disorders in humans.

From Wikipedia - Toxoplasma gondii:

T. gondii has been shown to alter the behavior of infected rodents in ways thought to increase the rodents' chances of being preyed upon by cats.[9][10][11] Because cats are the only hosts within which T. gondii can sexually reproduce to complete and begin its lifecycle, such behavioral manipulations are thought to be evolutionary adaptations to increase the parasite's reproductive success,[11] in one of the manifestations the evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins attributes to the "extended phenotype". Although numerous hypotheses exist and are being investigated, the mechanism of T. gondii–induced behavioral changes in rodents remains unknown.[12]

A number of studies have suggested subtle behavioral or personality changes may occur in infected humans,[13] and infection with the parasite has recently been associated with a number of neurological disorders, particularly schizophrenia.[10] However, evidence for causal relationships remains limited.[10]

Most potential cancer treatments that show great promise during animal trials don't prove effective in humans. In this case, even if a vaccine can be proven effective against cancers in humans, understanding the mechanism by which this parasite alters behavior will be a major hurdle.

There's no information, in either source, about whether researchers believe T. gondii infections presently confer some defense against cancers in infected people or animals or if this is not the case, what about their method leads to these cancer fighting properties. Given the prevalence in humans, it seems like it would be easy to compile statistical data on T. gondii infection and cancer risks and mortality.

edit on 2014-7-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Were never see it, we never do. They tease us with these promises of cures but they get hidden away in a big vault so we cant use them. ( sorry to sound so down about it. )

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There are some nasty side effects to this parasite though. Some people have very little problems with them while others have effects on their minds.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wasn't the Airplane that was Shot Down Caring 108 American AID and HIV scientist?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
Wasn't the Airplane that was Shot Down Caring 108 American AID and HIV scientist?

Not quite 108.
6 (six) were killed.
And they weren't all scientists.
Nor were they Americans.

www.iasociety.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Okay, corrected, but the concern is now...why isn't this information being discussed? This is some serious stuff. This could be a reason for war or something terrible.

And on another note; what is that big hole? Does this have anything to tie in?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

More disturbing, studies have shown T. gondii infection causes behavioral changes in rodents and there is some evidence that it may be linked to certain neurological disorders in humans.

As i started reading your thread, it was in the back of my mind about these neurological problems associated with this parasite from cats...wasn't there a thread on here a couple of years or so ago, about this parasite affecting Humans...something about the rates of schizophrenia rocketing after the widespread introduction of domesticated cats during the 18th century?

But having said that...i'd rather be suffering from a mental disorder than being eaten alive by cancer...swings and roundabouts i suppose.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Don't we get Toxoplasmosis from Cat crap?

Kind of like swapping one death sentence for another.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There are some nasty side effects to this parasite though. Some people have very little problems with them while others have effects on their minds.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The therapeutic strain can't cause disease, they can't replicate.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They've cured cancer years/decades ago, and I believe what I've read up on that. But I have a list of things I will try should this occur that involves, Baking Soda, number 1. Rick Simpson Cure, number 2. Inner seeds of fruits, number 3. Cabbage, Beets and Raw Juices with a lot of Vitamin D and sunlight.

So, I think the cat feces will not be on the plate, AT ALL, and its outrageous that they have buried the things that work BUT come out with disgusting things to laugh at us in stead. They need long long long long prison sentences, the 85 cartel running the world that these scientists obviously work for. I don't blame the scientists but blame the 85 richest people on earth and all the politicians and Rothschild's/Rockefellers.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
They've cured cancer years/decades ago, and I believe what I've read up on that. But I have a list of things I will try should this occur that involves, Baking Soda, number 1. Rick Simpson Cure, number 2. Inner seeds of fruits, number 3. Cabbage, Beets and Raw Juices with a lot of Vitamin D and sunlight.

So, I think the cat feces will not be on the plate, AT ALL, and its outrageous that they have buried the things that work BUT come out with disgusting things to laugh at us in stead. They need long long long long prison sentences, the 85 cartel running the world that these scientists obviously work for. I don't blame the scientists but blame the 85 richest people on earth and all the politicians and Rothschild's/Rockefellers.

I understand the chemistry behind the Baking soda, inner seeds of fruits, cabbage, and beet juice. The vitamin D connection doesn't work well unless there is plenty of sunlite, and I do not know about the Rick Simpson Cureyet, I have heard of it but have not researched it totally.

The seeds of fruit can be very dangerous, but I suppose cancer is dangerous also.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

All of those "cures" are crap.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I wonder how far this will go?

Some of you may remember this:

Chimp poop vaccines

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My Lhaso Apso dog that is vile and eats Kitty poop will be immortal now

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

All of those "cures" are crap.

There is some basis behind all of those. I wouldn't bet my life on any one of them though if I had some fast growing cancer. I know ways to reverse tumor growth, and understand much of the methods used to fight cancer. Some of those "cures" can be used to help destroy cancer and kill it when it is small though. Therapeutic doses of natural medicines can cause as much side effects as cancer drugs sometimes.

The seeds of fruits can produce some pretty bad side effects if they are ground up. It will kill cancer but may be worse than a Chemo drug on the body.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

No, there is not any basis. The idea you can change your body's PH level is without merit. Your body will maintain homeostasis and if it did not altering your PH would kill you.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It all makes sense now

Follow me here:

1: The Illuminati dominate the banks and create a system via which everybody basically gets cancer from their corporate evil entities they fund like Monsanto, Du Pont etc...

2: Toxoplasma Cures Cancer

3: The Illuminati fund the Internet so everyone becomes obsessed with Cats

4: Cats deliver Toxoplasma to everyone's home... if you don't get a cat ergo you die of cancer, therefore only cat lovers survive the population purge

5: The Illuminati go back to Egyptian times

6: The Egyptians worshiped Cats

7: It is said the Illuminati also worship Lucifer Therefore Lucifer = A Cat

8: Lucifer/Cat according to the Bible in this time already walks among us and has deceived everyone and everyone worships Him

9:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Deserving of a thread all it's own! One of the more plausible conspiracy theories of recent memory imho. Monsanto, the Illuminati, ancient Egypt, toxoplasmosis and cat videos on the Internet? Pure genius!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I would only take vitamin D for half the year, here where I live, sun is common, and just a half hour in the sun, processes a lot of D. Massively good for your immune system and prevents and cures cancer.

I'd spend a lot more time in the sun, before 10 and after 3, praying, meditating, imaging, envisioning. Doing chakra meditations and claiming envisioning health for everyone on earth, and myself.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, there is not any basis. The idea you can change your body's PH level is without merit. Your body will maintain homeostasis and if it did not altering your PH would kill you.

A correct or incorrect interpretation of exactly how a method is working is only really important when trying to replicate or standardise a treatment / curative for cancers. It is pretty irrelevant exactly how a treatment is doing what it does, to an individual who is trying to treat or cure their own disease..they would only be concerned with whether it is effective at treating the cancer and has no lasting or particularly severe negative side effects.

While our general idea of how a given treatment works may be close to the correct way or wide of the mark, but ultimately, how or why something works in a positive way doesn't matter, only results do.

If it makes the cancer shrink or disappear entirely, who cares if we incorrectly interpret how that happens, as long as it does?

According to a lot of anecdotal evidence, first hand accounts of personal experience and lab studies on some of these alternative treatments, it seems there is enough to warrant further interest in at least some of them, especially if one is desperate and doesn't have much of a choice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join