It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery surrounds man who woke up on fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Edmonton police are baffled after a man claimed he woke up on fire Saturday morning.
Witnesses are telling city cops that the young man, believed to be around 20 years old, spontaneously combusted.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The man made no claims of spontaneous combustion and is not cooperating with police.

It's a lot more likely that the "witnesses" were the ones responsible for setting him alight.

But then this story wouldn't make it to ATS, would it?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Edmonton police are baffled after a man claimed he woke up on fire Saturday morning.
Witnesses are telling city cops that the young man, believed to be around 20 years old, spontaneously combusted.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Well that is odd, but what is even more strange is that he is not co-operating with the authorities. You would think he would be all about answering questions and trying to get answers to what happened if it happened the way they are saying it did.

My guess is this was a stunt gone wrong such as the ones that are popping up on Vine and what not of people squirting lighter fluid all over them selves and lighting it for fun...yes I have seen 4 of these in the last week, and yes I think every person in them should have a Darwin award.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well if there is one thing social media should be credited for - it is cleaning up the gene pool.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Sound's like a typical case of SHC or spontaneous human combustion, an unpleasent and mysterious phenomena that can burn a man to dust without buring his house down, in many instances though the fire has been localized to the body itself the house is filled with grey ash and only scorch marks around the area of the body attest to the extreme heat needed to consume a human body, it has been theorized that bodily fat deposit's can act like fuel for the fire but it's cause remains a mystery though static discharge and other sources of ignition have been posited as possible answers.

io9.com...
Some claim a paranormal cause for the phenomena with fiery demon's of medievil belief coming to mind.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As soon as I saw the title to this thread it reminded me of a similar thing happening a few years ago near where I live.

A 20 year old male was seen running down a street in the middle of the night engulfed in flames and screaming. He then collapsed in the road, horrified neighbours who were woken by his screams called the emergency services, but he died a few days later from terrible burns.

It turned out the young guy was a heroin addict. He had been 'tooting' in someone's garden shed using a candle. He eventually succumbed to the hit and fell asleep, but in doing so he knocked over the candle which set the shed alight. He was so out of it that he didn't feel a thing as he was burning. By the time he woke up he was already in flames and the shed burning around him, that's when he ran screaming down the street. Awful.

Maybe something like this happened to the guy in the OP, and that's why he won't co-operate with police?

new topics

top topics

join