It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Su-25 warplane detected heading toward Malaysian Boeing

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: spy66

The R-60 is a heat seeker so it would've targeted the engines. Instead what see is an impact point near the cockpit. It's warhead is also only 3kg. Far too small to produce the damage seen on MH17.

It says here that the R-60 can be fitted With two different types of proximity fuze's

The R-60 uses a small, 3 kg (6.6 lb) tungsten expanding-rod surrounding a high explosive fragmentation warhead. Two different types of proximity fuze can be fitted: the standard Strizh (Swift) optical fuse, which can be replaced with a Kolibri active radar fuse. Missiles equipped with the latter fuse were designated R-60K.[2]

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So the story so far.

The rebels had missiles but no one knew else they would have been forced to close the airspace to passanger jets then after four months of fighting they hit the wrong target and then after they say they didn't do it they then go and bring down two fighter jets togeather a week later after not using these misile for the first four months of the conflict.

Looks to me like the fake voice recordings from Kiev didn't quite do the trick and now they are shooting down their own jets in order to point the finger at Russia.

Just watched TV and a leader from Kiev who was interviwed looked like a paid up member of the KKK and anything he said went without question as being facts.

Still it keeps everyone from asking about the killings in Gaza, such good timing for Israel and I hope Russia is not just playing along to divert attension away from banker central.

edit on 23-7-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here we og again, Ukraine is blaming Russia for shoting Down the two SU-25 today. They say that the missiles were launched from Russia.

The Word is just out. It is just a headline so far. No further information is given.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Holy cow, that's true!

It's like some desperate childish lie, to make it look HUGE, so the adults will punish the bully.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Who else would be blamed?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

More politically correct from them is to blame the separatists. I mean it's 100% that it was the separatists, and not a missile launched from Russia.
They just try to escalate the infowar.
edit on 23-7-2014 by whitepanther999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: whitepanther999

originally posted by: thesaneone

More politically correct from them is to blame the separatists.

Who are supplied by the Russian government.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Which proves the guilt of Russia in EVERYTHING, right?

Because the US doesn't do, and haven't done that at all? Equipment to Ukraine? If they had the border proximity, i wonder, what else could they have provided.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The proximity fuze only controls how the warhead knows when to detonate. Both variants of the R-60 still use an IR guidance system.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The proximity fuze only controls how the warhead knows when to detonate. Both variants of the R-60 still use an IR guidance system.

Exactly. If the R-60 engaged the MH17 from bellow the front left side of the Aircraft With a proximity warhead it could make damaged to the front of the plain, and on the left wing tip. Depending on the proximity range of the fuze.

I am not saying this is what happend because there are no evidence it did take Place.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: rustyclutch

The maximum ceiling of 23,000 feet is for a clean configuration, meaning nothing hanging on the wings. If you start adding weapons that ceiling goes down.

Maximum altitudes, and speeds are set under very precise conditions. No weapons or fuel tanks, and sometimes not even a full load of fuel. So while it might be able to briefly, it can't with weapons on board.

Can you back that up? The only difference is the weight of a rocket or some 30 mm rounds. Just quit the BS, it could shoot a plane from 33.000ft it they wanted to, not that I am saying that it shot anything, if it it really was there.

Su25 can reach 33.000 ft just fine and if nessecary with minimal ammo and fuel if you think that would be the problem.

You got a lot of people thinking it couldn't, it seems.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: whitepanther999
They just try to escalate the infowar.

Like Russia? And they aren't even good at it. The Kernel has experienced expert infowars here at home. The Russians need to improve. The gator crap is easy to smell.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Not according to its official specifications it can't. The one that can reach that high is the Su-39, which is an upgraded version of the -25, but was never built in any numbers, or at last hasn't been yet.

Are these official specs different from the ones I find on the internet everywhere?

Can you show them?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18182939]rustyclutch

Russian SUPPORT, TRAINING and ARMS sounds like direct Russian involvement. That sounds like as much involvement as you can have without pulling the trigger.

Agreed. And I think the accusation is correct.

originally posted by: [post=18182939]rustyclutch
I have two opinions on what could have happened and both of them involve the United States. Originally the day it happened my first instinct was the rebels got tricked into shooting it down.

And I think you are looking at blurry picture of a bear amidst a region over-run with bears and shouting "Bigfoot"!

You are welcome to conspiracy theories, even more so on ATS. But there is in fact a TONNAGE of evidence pointing directly at the Russian Backed Rebels being responsible. You can claim the evidence is not good enough, even as it continues to gain credence with each new piece of evidence. There are still folks that believe the moon landing was faked. No evidence will ever be complete...but to simultaneously shout about how the picture of that bear is not clear enough whilst claiming the evidence for bigfoot is greater, seems disconnected.

No...The USA did not engage Israel's cyber team to jam and spook a BUK SAM in the region so that they would shoot down an airliner full of innocent civilians.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am predicting a new terrorist act made to point at the rebels, to further blow up the situation.

There are talks about nuclear plant.

Wild wild speculation, but if confirmed... The infosphere will not be able to hold so much happenings, and while we will know who actually would have done it, the shocked world will just abide the agenda of west in order to just stop that hell.

No one would care about length investigations.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ScrutonEyez

Are these official specs different from the ones I find on the internet everywhere?

Can you show them?

Here for the benefit of those who think an SU 25 has a higher ceiling than what has been posted by some...I give you this.

Aircraft performance
Takeoff weight:
- normal (with 2xFAB-500 + 2xR-73E), kg 14,440
- maximum, kg 19,300
Landing weight:
- normal (without external ordnance and stores), kg 11,020
- maximum, kg 13,200
Maximum ordnance load, kg 4,000
Service ceiling (without external ordnance and stores), km 7
Maximum flight speed at sea level (without external ordnance and stores), km/h 950
Max Mach (without external ordnance and stores) 0.82
G-limit (operational) +6.5/-2.0
Practical flight range without external ordnance and stores, km:
- at sea level, km 500
- at height, km 1,000
- with 4 x PTB-800 (to be dropped), km 1,850

And here you can see the rest...

www.sukhoi.org...

Enjoy...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

A CNN team on the ground in Donetsk was turned away by rebel fighters at the entrance to the town of Snizhne, near Dmytrivka. The militants said they had orders not to allow people to travel farther because of fighting.

www.cnn.com...

MH17: missile launcher was in towns near crash site, videos suggest

Videos and photographs appear to show a mobile anti-aircraft missile launcher in neighbouring towns of Torez and Snizhne

Why won't they let reporters interview locals from where the Missile purportedly originated?

Analysis of videos and photos posted on social media sites on the day the plane was brought down show a mobile Buk anti-aircraft missile launcher in the town of Torez, about six miles south of the farmland where the wreckage is scattered, and then in Snizhne, two miles east of Torez. Washington said that one of its satellites had detected a missile launch from the vicinity of those towns at the time the Boeing 777 was brought down.

www.theguardian.com...

Load of videos and pics of the missile launcher
www.kickstarter.com...

I sincerely worry for the fate of those that took those images. I have little doubt that the rebels have found or are hunting those people as well as collecting phones and cameras from villagers.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
AND THIS CRACKS ME UP...

And, according to Russia, there was a Ukrainian Air Force aircraft flying — presumably — in the direction of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.

Although the aircraft’s service ceiling is 22,965 feet — which drops to 16,000 feet with weapons — Russia said the fighter jet can reach 32,000 feet and easily hit a target nearly three miles away. Curiously enough, the Kremlin was caught editing the specifications on the Su-25’s Wikipedia page to increase its ceiling of 23,000 feet. It's also not an interceptor fighter jet — it's more of an attack plane for hitting targets on the ground.

mashable.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ScrutonEyez

See post above.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
AND THIS CRACKS ME UP...

And, according to Russia, there was a Ukrainian Air Force aircraft flying — presumably — in the direction of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.

Although the aircraft’s service ceiling is 22,965 feet — which drops to 16,000 feet with weapons — Russia said the fighter jet can reach 32,000 feet and easily hit a target nearly three miles away. Curiously enough, the Kremlin was caught editing the specifications on the Su-25’s Wikipedia page to increase its ceiling of 23,000 feet. It's also not an interceptor fighter jet — it's more of an attack plane for hitting targets on the ground.

mashable.com...

The Kremlin? Like actual Kremlin?

Was the nickname "VovaRussiaPutin"?

You accuse the whole government because of some idiot on wiki page?

Looked through the whole thing.

This is supposed to be a Twitter bot, which sees the IP and says if it this or that institute.

But i wasnt able to find on this twitter anything about SU-25 editing.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join