It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Cool New Ride On for Kids 3-7 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have a 3 1/2 year old grandson.

Recently I made the mistake of purchasing an unassembled big wheel online, because of very fond memories of my two grown sons riding them when they were children.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I returned it.

When my son, daughter-in-law, grandson, and I went shopping to return it, we thought we were going to get perhaps an assembled big wheel, instead. Evidently, no such animal.

So, what to do?

We picked out a Radio Flyer Cyclone.

I think it is the coolest thing. There's a YouTube ad from the manufacturer and it shows four moves for the ride on:

1. Switch Back
  2. Spin Cycle
  3. Rewind
  4. Sprint

My favorite is the Spin Cycle:

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Awesome! My 3 year old son (who doesn't live with me) will have one for his daddy's birthday! Just ordered it off Amazon. Thanks!!

a reply to: Mary Rose

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: USExpat

Wow!

You work fast!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I remember you.

You're the guy in Russia.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I like to spoil my boy since I don't get to see him often, anytime I see a new fun toy he gets it!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
But only if he brushes his teeth, keeps his room picked up and is nice to his mommy

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
That looks like an absolutely terrible product, how long they going to be able to work their arms for? 5 mins tops? On the bright side it does look like some good exercise, after a year of using that, your kid should be able to bench press you lol

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My super energetic 3 year old would LOVE this! I think ill have to add it to his christmas list, always good to find something that will get them outside burning energy! Haha. I have seen these before and was wondering what they were but forgot all about it, thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
yeah, Rusky Rob...the misplaced infidel

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That is neat!
Except that I just realized, I need to start saving more money.

I have to buy two of everything.

But the grandsons will probably have these, when they are big enough.

Wow, not as expensive as I thought they might be.
edit on 21-7-2014 by chiefsmom because: looked up pricing

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
That looks like an absolutely terrible product, how long they going to be able to work their arms for? 5 mins tops?

I guess I'm gonna find out.

I take care of him once a week. I have a blacktop behind my condo where he will safely ride this thing as long as he wants.

I'll post the results (no pictures; just info).

I'll be curious now to see how long.

edit on 07/21/14 by Mary Rose because: Add

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I don't quite get that.

Please explain.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
That looks like an absolutely terrible product, how long they going to be able to work their arms for? 5 mins tops? On the bright side it does look like some good exercise, after a year of using that, your kid should be able to bench press you lol

Our local park used to have a pond with mini paddle boats like these. They were the most fun thing to do when visiting there (there might have been two versions - one you paddle with your hands, and the other you paddled with your feet).

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Nothing beats the original big wheel. I loved my big wheel. Especially when you get going fast and pull the wheel break up and slide around. Many of us girls had them too! We thought we were really something! haha

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

I've just had a wave of nostalgia.

My older son was born in 1975.

I don't remember a brake being on them.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mary Rose
a reply to: Staroth
...I don't remember a brake being on them.

Nope, no brakes in my time either. I remember going down steep hills and having to take my feet off the pedals.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm thinking that probably this ride on requires a black top of some sort to be safe.

Even a cul de sac probably isn't good enough, unless there's adult supervision at all times, because the children will be low to the ground, and people in cars may not see them.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mary Rose
I'll be curious now to see how long.

Saw him ride it today.

He can handle it okay - except he needs practice turning it - but at 3 1/2 he got distracted often and was more interested in stopping to explore this and that on the blacktop!

Hopefully as he gets better at it it will hold his attention longer.

I like the exercise it provides.

new topics

top topics

join