It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: rock slide in China guy gets blasted by boulder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Crazy video of a rock slide in China yesterday that killed 11.

At about the 39 second mark a guy running from the slide gets blasted by a rock.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Okay, I got it. A guy gets butchered by a rock.

I fail to see the value of this post.

This is the Fragile Earth forum, not the Sensationalist Accidents forum. Shouldn't your OP also include some sort of statement about the fragility of Earth, I don't know, the statement that these landslide could become more widespread with climate change?

edit on 21-7-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have no idea what I'd do. But that rock was gunning for him. It had a vendetta like I choose you!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not sure why this was posted up, looks like he bit it pretty bad.

We have tough netting barriers and a kind of webbing over all of the hills in "danger" zones where loose rock and weak soil is in the UK. They put up a nice wall, the webbing is cheap and very effective, they should think about it.

Pic of hill side netting/webbing]

edit on b5252820 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Okay, I got it. A guy gets butchered by a rock.

I fail to see the value of this post.

This is the Fragile Earth forum, not the Sensationalist Accidents forum. Shouldn't your OP also include some sort of statement about the fragility of Earth, I don't know, the statement that these landslide could become more widespread with climate change?

If the mods want to delete they will delete it. BTW we have more then enough mods.

Eta
I probably should have put it in the chit chat forum , but rock slide killing 11 people seems like fragile earth to me.
edit on 21-7-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Kudos to the guy with white shirt, as it seems he was the only one who was thinking smart to take cover by the wall. Pure physics...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I noticed one man thought to get next to the wall instead of in the road where the rocks were landing.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
Kudos to the guy with white shirt, as it seems he was the only one who was thinking smart to take cover by the wall. Pure physics...

Maybe for missing a few of the fast ones, but he could still be buried by the other smaller rubble the large rocks leave behind.

Best thing to do was exactly what they did, RUN LIKE UTTER HELL - dont look back till you are clearly away from it. Sure people might get hurt, but if you stop and help while its still coming down, well then there could be two people down.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
I probably should have put it in the chit chat forum , but rock slide killing 11 people seems like fragile earth to me.

You didn't talk about the land slide, that's my point. You talked about the guy being butchered.

Not once did you even mention the word "earth" in your OP.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It was good that someone took the time to help the man who got hit. Dangerous but caring.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

You didn't talk about the land slide, that's my point. You talked about the guy being butchered.

Not once did you even mention the word "earth" in your OP.

lol not sure why I have to say the word earth.

So these are the last 2 threads you made n the "fragile earth" forum. Where exactly did you mention the word earth in those ops?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Maybe for missing a few of the fast ones, but he could still be buried by the other smaller rubble the large rocks leave behind.

Maybe, but that's better than to experience F=ma formula to your head.
edit on 21-7-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: force

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yep. That fellow got wiped out by that flying boulder. What an unfortunate business.

Still, there is hope for the human race also, within this video. I am speaking of the smart fellow who stood flat against the wall in the right hand side of the shot, knowing that the probability of him getting struck while in such a position, was vastly reduced.

Well done that man, for showing how avoiding death in a rock slide ought to be done. Of course, he would have been screwed if it had of been a landslide, rather than a rock fall.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with this video or the title tbh. It's a rock slide with unfortunate ppl running away.

Maybe wrong forum, but that's beside the point. Thanks OP.
edit on 21-7-2014 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

True enough.

I seen minor ones before, but that one in the video is a pretty damned big one, some of those boulders look like would happy wipe out a bus.

new topics

top topics

join