It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Ship?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Vagabond, I would love to see your enhanced image as I'm not that great at manipulating images. I hope you could get more detail out of it than I did.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I wasn't trying to be dismissive- only funny.

I wonder if maybe the Navy is working on some kind of recovery mission. They supposedly loose nukes from time to time- if they think they've found one they may want to work without being noticed and they'd certainly want the destroyer on hand to intervene if something bad should happen to their recovery ship working in the shoals (for that matter, it is possible that something is being done which can only be accomplished in those shoals at night. Doesn't to moon's gravity cause the evening high tide to be the highest tide of the day?

Speaking of which, did you see that I just killed that HORRIBLE background image? Thank God. That thing was so ugly I wouldn't take it to a dogfight if it was the defending champ!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
Vagabond, I would love to see your enhanced image as I'm not that great at manipulating images. I hope you could get more detail out of it than I did.

I didn't really do anything to it except for save it, open it with MS paint, magnify it 6x and draw a red outline around it. All the same, if you want it i'll upload it.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Vagabond, no problem, I didn't take your post as being dismissive. You did trigger my memory though, with your last part of your post. I believe at the time of the "sighting" there was a news report about a lost nuke off the north east coast. The claims were that it was near Maine, I believe, but maybe it was thought to be a little farther south.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I would love to see the image. Maybe you could get more detail out of it than I did. Please, by all means, upload it. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   

This is PATHETIC and I know it. Use it as a guide while looking at your enhanced pic with 6 or 8 times magnification. You can see the silhoutte, but its very vague.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Thanks! The outline does resemeble what I had seen. It almost looked as if it had cargo or equipment on baord, along with the wheel house, as it had two upward potrusions.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I see those, pointing back from the wheelhouse at different angles. Looks like some sort of winch and makes me again think that we're looking at something designed to pull stuff out of the water- either a salvager or a fisher.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Wasnt there a ship in the 40's that was doing some cloaking experiments of the east coast some where and everything went to crap? The more i look at that picture the more I think about that for some reason. I dont know why. Anyway just a thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think you're talking about the USS Elridge.
The story goes that several great physicists took part in something called project rainbow, which culminated in The Philadelphia experiment. The experiment is theorized to have been aimed at making a ship invisible to radar by wrapping it in a coil and forming magnetic field around the ship, if I understand correctly. What actually is said to have happened is that the ship became invisible the first time, and that the second time it actually disappeared and reappeared hundreds of miles away, with horrifying effects on those crewmembers who did not simply disappear.

There are several articles about it on ATS, including one in which several crewmen of the Elridge and the ships log testify that no such experiment ever took place, and that the only part of the whole story that was true is that the crew is a little crazy

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I definitely do not believe that this was the Elridge as I don't even think it could have been large enough. The more I think about it I'm almost certain that it was a naval exercise because the larger ship new it was there but it seemed to let it go on it way. If any other ship would have been in the water that close to our shores, with out any lights, and with todays heightened security those on board would have been detained.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join